"Satanist" Internet Browser

The place for anything at all...
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

"Satanist" Internet Browser

Post by takyoji »

I've noticed about half of our users use Firefox, thus I figured some people would probably get a good laugh out of this: http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/200 ... posed.aspx ( The Digg page that led me to it )

All I ask is to not take this too seriously and start some senseless flame war or anything. It still bugs me a bit though as of web design that we still have some users with Internet Explorer on here (version 6, in fact, which is out-dated and error prone considering version 7 is most recent)...

And for those who haven't known yet, the Guinness World Record of the most downloads in 24 hours has finally been confirmed. http://www.spreadfirefox.com/en-US/worldrecord/ The world record for the most downloads of a program in under 24 hours was of Firefox 3 with 8,002,530 users (currently at 30,479,167 downloads as I write this message).
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Re: "Satanist" Internet Browser

Post by outwarddoodles »

Oh, brilliant. (I might have to check out the rest of this blog, too...)

As a side note though, and I mean this with no disrespect: I have IE and Firefox, I've used both, and I'm really tired of the elitist attitudes that seem to accompany Firefox users -- All I want is a browser, I'm tired of being told to use Firefox.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

outwarddoodles wrote:Oh, brilliant. (I might have to check out the rest of this blog, too...)

As a side note though, and I mean this with no disrespect: I have IE and Firefox, I've used both, and I'm really tired of the elitist attitudes that seem to accompany Firefox users -- All I want is a browser, I'm tired of being told to use Firefox.
The main reason why I get annoyed by Internet Explorer (not that I'm talking defensively against you or anything) is that Internet Explorer isn't consistant. I'd create a nice layout then I'd check it in Firefox, 'looks perfect'. Safari, 'same'. Opera, 'same'. Internet Explorer, 'am I looking at the right file??'. Then I'd have to figure out what's causing the problem in IE, change a couple things to make it work in IE, then it fails in Safari, Opera, and Firefox. Then you'd have to use these things called "conditional statements" which Microsoft made so that you can make tweaks for Internet Explorer while not messing it up in all other browsers. This is why there's constant patronizing of it since they haven't matched the internet standards yet and it makes web design more of a stress than it should be.

And also, I do understand it's annoying when people have overly biased views like "omg, Internet Explorer was made by morons and has constant problems on end, use Firefox instead" or "Firefox is an attempt to spread Communism, use Internet Explorer instead". I'm just simply pointing out why it bugs me as a web designer.

But one thing I'd like to address: Anyone who has Internet Explorer 6, please AT LEAST upgrade to Internet Explorer 7 since you're basically running around with scissors. And of course, I'm not trying to force anyone to use anything, but at least keep up to date with your browser version... Unless if Internet Explorer 6 users (note, I'm not saying Internet Explorer 7 users) want to face this long list of vulnerabilities: http://secunia.com/product/11/?task=advisories

And the last thing is that you don't always notice the differences, because people waste a couple hours extra just to make something work in Internet Explorer before releasing it. Also, there might even be a whole navigation bar missing for example in one of the browsers and you'd have no idea about it since you'd never see the comparison.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Have you seen the rest of this diluted, hatefull, zealot b****'s blog (what see she is).

Here is a short list of what this crazy lady hates and claims god hates them as well. Also are harmful to the United States of America.
-gays
-Mormons (i take offence to that)
-liberals
-abortionists
-Animal Rights People
-Negroes (her words not mine)

wait, now it starts getting a little funny
-Linux users (ow my sides hurt)
-poets
-any one associated with the "RENT" musical in any way, shape, or form.
-Germans
-Hybrid Cars (wtf?)
-Vegetarians/Vegans
-The anti-smoking lobby
-Canada XD
-“Global Warming/Cooling” Believers
-Harry Potter
-Chronicles of Narnia

Is this b**** for real!?
THE GAME

My Armory
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Relax, Anubis... it's got to be satire. There's a few comments here and there on the first page which show that it's not to be taken seriously.

But if you want to read some real WTF'ery... there's a site I could probably still find that is an apparently deadly serious attempt to prove that C.S. Lewis' "Narnia" books are all Pagan/Satanist/whatever propaganda. (Anybody who is actually familiar with the books and has any sort of knowledge of Christian mythology would just read that site and laugh at it, not with it...)
Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Konietzko »

:roflmao:

Best...blog...in history. Knew where it was going the moment "The Book of Mozilla" was stated to be bound in human hide and written by Adul Alhazred.
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

I just can't figure out if this person is for real or not

I do hope it's not for real.
Konietzko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Konietzko »

spongypants23 wrote:I just can't figure out if this person is for real or not

I do hope it's not for real.

It's not. It's a play on the works of Lovecraft.
"Unchained,
Unrestrained,
Unbroken,
In my world...
The Gods have fangs."
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

lolwut. :lol:
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Haha, that's awesome.

And it's obviously not real. Think of it as a blog-version of the Colbert Report or something. Pure over the top satire. :lol:

I did not know about this "about: mozilla" thing. That's awesome. Mozilla just won a few cool points for something that kick a**. 8)
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I can't believe any of you can see the OBVIOUS reference to Cthulhu and not know whether or not this site is fake.

It's SATIRE.
:D
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Distorted Realism
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Thinking with portals

Post by Distorted Realism »

http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/cat ... nspiracies

LOL THIS LADY IS F***ING CRAZY
this website is a perfect example of why people like her shouldnt be let out of the asylum... or given computers
If sleep is an escape for us, than we are all cowards. We spend one third of our life trying to get away...
-The Dark Dimension
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Not to bust your bubble, Distorted; but the site you are referring to is a satire site.
As in not real.

Some people just get their jollies by doing satires...usually very badly, like the one you quoted. Still, you get kudos for finding a funny and silly site. The writing style gives away the goodies: all the posts are by the same person.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
What Mafia
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Mafia? Not that I'm aware of...
Mood: Depressed

Post by What Mafia »

It's a shame an entire family can be torn up by something as simple as wild dogs.