I should have never lied about my age here.

The place for anything at all...
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

I should have never lied about my age here.

Post by IndianaJones »

I am such a fool. :Duckietoss: Ever since I joined this forum and Alternation Studios forum. My birth date year is not from the 80's. In face my real birth year is 1990, yes it is. Why did I lie? Because I always feel more like a young adult when I am teenager. I am a serious and mature person and that's the reason I lied my age. I have a strong stomach and I am not offended by nudity. I have to lie in order to see it. I can take many adult situations and mature oriented things on the Internet, censorship is bad. Well, I did some bad things in my life that is not funny, but sad. Its from the past and I regret all of that. :(

Some people cannot trust me because of I lied my age for so long! I feel bad about this, I could have think of it and not to put I was born on 1987. But seriously I feel like a 20 year old in a 17 year old or 18 year old. Because I am turning 18 on this October. Hey, I am not alone!! I see my (sometimes) immature friends and others who lied their age on the Internet. Don't some teenagers do that like MySpace (not really much), YouTube, and Official Video Game Websites with the Rated M. This is America, the age rule is very strict.

It is time to show my true age and that's about it. Hell, the Disneyland forum http://visionsfantastic.com/I joined long time ago and I got banned for doing many stupid things for not following rules. I created a forum about that 'Does anyone here lie their age?' Many members responded by saying yes, I was surprised there was some adults who lie their age, because they want to feel young again on that forum or in imagination. :P I looked at that member's profile and it says that he/she is 26. But when I finally created the Truth forum, the member PM the moderator to change the birth year and so that the member's real age is 56! Yeah, it always happen. But now in this year, many new members who recently joined don't really put their birthdate on their profile unless they really want to hang out on this forum from their computer.

The administrator told us that he sees it all the time and he accepts it. The Visions Fantastic forum uses PhBB 3.2. The moderators changed the register opitons, so once you create your profile, the first page you see is the Birthdate. You have to put your real birthdate in, so people will know that you are the real young or old person. You have to put the year in, or else you can't join! Its the reason for everyone's safety on VF and other forums. Only for Visions Fantastic Discussion Forum that is very, very boring PG and not PG-13. You have to private message a moderator to change your username and birthdate and only once and thats it, but you have to do it again. This time you have to show the Truth in your words to the Mod in VF. Because it is a Disney/Disneyland forum! VF forum has many strict guidelines and policies you must follow in order not to get temporarily ban or permanent ban. Sorry for this long small news, but I think it is important. You can't really trust the person on the Internet, even with the pictures and posts you still can't. Unless you know that person for a long time on the Internet and in person.

Well there you guys have it, I am born on October 4, 1990. Oh god do I feel bad now for telling it now, yep. Should have listen to myself before putting the birthdate back in 2005.. Now everyone can't really trust me.....bah. But for YouTube? I say to myself leave it. I want to watch flagged blocked videos that has mature theme in it. Here is my YouTube account http://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWerefox ,my FaceBook account http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeffrey_Lee/1188282452 and, my my Deviantart account http://raigouraangel.deviantart.com/
I am really just sharing my real profiles and my real age.

Do some of you guys lie their age here? I just want to know.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Re: I should have never lied about my age here.

Post by Silverclaw »

I don't really see it as a big deal. You personally just have a few year difference. Thought you were going to say you were really a 50 year old, or something huge like that. lol. A 4 year difference is nothing really. Its the internet, so of course everyone isn't going to be 100% truthful with who they say they are all the time. RedEye could really be a 12 year old girl living in Japan and Matt a 95 year old in a submarine for all I know :thpt2:
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

I love how you claim that you're 17 and that you've lied about your age on various other forums. On top of that you make a giant wall of text dramatizing something that is pretty much trivial.

But yet, you claim that you're a "serious and mature person".

You're 17 (18 in October), dude. You are not mature. You may like to think you're a serious and mature person but trust me on this. You really aren't. And I don't mean that as an insult. Hell, I'm 25 and I'm still immature! I still giggle at farts and make penis jokes all the time! Be immature, be young and love every second of it! Soon we'll be old men hating on those young whipper-snappers.

Also, don't be such a drama queen.
Guy!
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Heh, don't we all lie about our age at one point or another?

But yeah, you really don't have to make such a big deal out of it. It's the internet, no one's going to harm you.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.

Post by IndianaJones »

I don't know why I make a big deal out of this. But sometimes I don't like to lie to people, so I finally put it out.

The post should have been smaller, oh well. I want to get it off my mind, because its been there too long! Now I am glad it is out.

Blah......I shared too much of my personal information, not.

Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Bah, drama. It's irrelevant, dude. We love you anyway. :duckie
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary

Post by IndianaJones »

Oh and I am not an attention w****.

outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I always lie about my age on websites that have adult related restrictions -- DevArt, Youtube, even Neopets.

But never feel the need to lie about your age on a forum. Most the time, I don't even know the ages of the forum members here -- your text will speak for yourself. If you're mature, I'll be able to see it by what you type.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

I'll never lie about my age. I might as well wear a t-shirt with "I'm 16 years of age" in nice big bold print. I just hate ageism though, because that has gotten in my way a few times. But I'm pretty much trying to be a living example that not all teenagers are immature, foolish, careless, illogical and strictly sex driven individuals as some people apparently look at it... And besides, being young doesn't ever mean you're incapable of anything. In fact I'm only 16 years of age yet I: have a very high-paying job, I have several clients for web design and programming (and no, I learned all that myself and I was no genius or anything before 2 years ago) like the International Professional Pond Contractors Association and the International Landscape Alliance as a few examples (but I'm in the process of rebuilding them yet), I'm also paid for photography, and many other things. There's just so much more things I could list to show that just because a person is like 15 years old doesn't mean they're completely not trustable, incapable, or any of that crap.

But again, as a friendly reminder to everyone: don't judge someone due to their age (even though I know none of you are doing that to other members, but I mean as something to remember later on...)

Also, don't take this as if I'm trying to make myself look all 'better than everyone else' or anything. I'm simply implying that you sometimes can trust young individuals since physical age isn't always the best measurement at times.
[/rant]

Last of all, don't worry IndianaJones, we're not going to chase you out of the forum with pitchforks and torches or anything. And don't worry about bringing up the subject anyway, it's fine to just make sure you're on the same page with everyone since there's no harm done in doing so. And yes I know I'm just a bit off-topic, but I felt like bringing all that up. :P
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

Yeah, no worries. Nobody's going to hold it against you that you added a couple years to your age on this site, so long as you don't use said lie in conversation to put yourself in a decidedly advantageous position. I assume you didn't do that, and your age did little more than sit there, in your profile, appearing to the occasional curious person who clicked it.

So don't make a big deal about it. On the internet, misconceptions and false representations are a GIVEN. Nobody will truly know you, and you don't know that the person you see online is the person they really are. The fault is on both ends. At some other forums I've had people, for whatever reason, think I was at least in my 20's or 30's when, at the time, I was only 15 or 16 (I am 18 now). It's nothing people are going to be very surprised at. Heck, look at Myspace... and the number of younger teenagers who say they're anywhere from 20 to 50, for really no reason whatsoever other than to bypass the system. It's commonplace, and nothing to be ashamed of so long as you do NOT use said lie in a devious manner rather than a rather innocent one.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

No big deal.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

dude, like it matters.

It's the internet! Any one could be anything! Heck, i could even be a middle aged black woman, who like to make fun of honkeys all day on some radon forum. :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

Anubis wrote:dude, like it matters.

It's the internet! Any one could be anything! Heck, i could even be a middle aged black woman, who like to make fun of honkeys all day on some radon forum. :P

Then we wonder who's photograph you posted.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

don't worry about it man. :D
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Anyone can be any age, gender, species, whatever, that they want to be on the Internet.

Me, I've got no imagination (and would have huge difficulty pretending to be a teenager anyway) so I just admit that I'm 40 up front. Anyway, how old you are doesn't necessarily determine how mature you are... Takyoji and Howlitzer (above) write as people noticeably more mature than their age would suggest - but that doesn't mean they aren't the age they claim to be.
In any case, this could possibly be a surprise, but my real name isn't "Midnight", either... :wink:
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

So that explains why you're so headstrong on your beliefs and tinfoil hat conspiracy theories.
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Midnight wrote:In any case, this could possibly be a surprise, but my real name isn't "Midnight", either... :wink:
*gasp* Well I never! You should be banned for such deviousness.
:P
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

If it makes you feel better...I thought you were around seventeen anyway. Who checks profiles anymore? 8)
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Sioux
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A life does not have to be human to be great.

Post by Sioux »

Edit. :D
Last edited by Sioux on Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Hrrumph. I wish I were still young enough to lie about my age...
and have anyone believe me. :( :lol:

In a few years, though; I may start lying about my age; claiming to only be 55 years old. Please do not laugh when I do this... :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Wselfwulf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wselfwulf »

Forget about age - that's the beauty of anonymity. Your words will paint a better picture of you than some number. It's not that much different in person either, really. People will ascribe your physical maturity to your mental maturity, but it works the other way. I was only 17 when I started Uni and I avoided telling older mates I made this (there was and is a slight hostility - encouraged by some lecturers - against kids that were 'fresh out of high school'). But as I didn't match their preconceptions of immaturity, it was never an issue. It's funny, though, discovering how many other 'mature adults' share my passion for videogames. I think age sometimes needn't be said.
Real humanity presents a mixture of all that is most sublime and beautiful with all that is vilest and most monstrous in the world - Mikhail Bakunin, God and The State

Nothing in life is certain except negative patient care outcomes and revenue enhancement - William Lutz
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Xiroteus wrote:

It's the Internet! Any one could be anything! Heck, i could even be a middle aged black woman, who like to make fun of honkies all day on some radon forum. :P

Oh him?

He's just a neighborhood boy that let me take a picture of him in exchange for a little brown sugar. I'm too much woman for one man, heyyyyyyyyyyyy

(Oh god, somebody plz smack me! :P )
THE GAME

My Armory
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

Anubis wrote:
Xiroteus wrote:

It's the Internet! Any one could be anything! Heck, i could even be a middle aged black woman, who like to make fun of honkies all day on some radon forum. :P

Oh him?

He's just a neighborhood boy that let me take a picture of him in exchange for a little brown sugar. I'm too much woman for one man, heyyyyyyyyyyyy

I would... but you'd probably kill me... and besides...how do we know you're not what you say you were?
({SLAP!} GET A GRIP MAN! Geeze... that was taking it a bit...{chuckles} a bit {chuckles harder} Oh god... :roflmao: that was funny... :roflmao: oh... okay... okay... i'm done... that was taking it a bit too far, Anubis... or was it?)
Anyway... what is the big deal anyway? Who really cares? And it's not that much of bad thing anyway... well... unless you use that to your advantage, and you haven't been... so what's the big deal?
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
WerewolfKeeper3
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Darkness Surrounds me, Chaos commands me, and i see what others cannot

Post by WerewolfKeeper3 »

RedEye wrote:Hrrumph. I wish I were still young enough to lie about my age...
and have anyone believe me. :( :lol:

In a few years, though; I may start lying about my age; claiming to only be 55 years old. Please do not laugh when I do this... :wink:
Uh, redeye, i hate to burst your bubble, but in another thread, you said you were at least sixty "oh what you learn in sixty years"... so... i don't think anyone's going to believe that anyway... well... you could get botox... that usually make people stare at your emotionless face rather than wonder about your age... yeah, i know... i'll shut up now...
No what you have are bullets in the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing. Because if I am, you'll all be before you've reloaded.
V, from V for Vendetta.

What a strange creature is man, that he cages himself so willingly?
-Athena from Appleseed (2004)
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

Anubis wrote:
Xiroteus wrote:

Oh him?

That made me laugh. :D

On a side note...I'm getting tired of being called Ma'am! I'm only 19 but apparently everyone thinks I'm a grown woman. Bah!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend