The muzzle

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Can a werewolf see its muzzle?

Yes
74%
No
9%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
No votes
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
17%

Total votes: 23

Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

The muzzle

Post by Set »

I know this isn't a real importaint detail, but I was wondering. Can a werewolf see the end of its muzzle? Alot of people would say yes, but this bothers me for several reasons. First of all it's a real pain to have a big schnoz blocking part of your vision. Animals have heads that are either held so they shouldn't see the nose, like with horses, or the eyes are set in the right place as to just miss the end of their noses, like in cats or humans. I don't think a werewolf would see their nose. This would only apply to the movie if there was a were's eye view, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
Last edited by Set on Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Of course he can see his muzzle i meen it's a long portruding object under his eyes so you look down there's the muzzle. WARNING: Can't see midgets. so even if they had a small muzzle all they'd have to do is go crosseyed, and there it is. YAY for cross-eyed werewolves.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Ya I just looked over what i posted again, and now that i have regained consciousness, and the ability of thaoght i ask you to just pass what i just wrote like it never happened :cry: sorry for that.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I'm pretty sure wolves generally hold their muzzles at a downward angle so that, at least, it's at the bottom of their vision.

Furthermore, just like with humans, what one eye can't see the other probably can -- except for closer to the base of the muzzle (which is probably not an issue).
Reilune wrote:or the eyes are set in the right place as to just miss the end of their noses, like in cats or humans.
I can see my nose just fine without adjusting my vision. The thing is, we usually just ignore it since it doesn't really impede our vision. I think it would be much the same with wolves and werewolves. They can see it, but it doesn't get in the way. Which is, I think, similar to the point you were getting at.

As far as a first-person view goes in the movie, I would rather not see the muzzle or nose. A single camera just cannot adequately emulate how our mind merges the views from both our eyes. Nor would it look right on the TV even if it could.

-- Vilkacis
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Humans can see thier nose despite the fact that it's much smaller. *okay at least I can see my nose, I can't speak for everyone* So realistically a werewolf would be able to as well.

However if you're doing a Werewolf Point of View camera effect, it might be.... difficult, to similate the muzzle.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I can see my nose. So I'll assume a wolf/werewolf can see there muzzle as well. :D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

WolvenOne wrote:Humans can see thier nose despite the fact that it's much smaller. *okay at least I can see my nose, I can't speak for everyone* So realistically a werewolf would be able to as well.
*nods* You can't always see your nose, but you can if you cross your eyes or close your right eye and look to the right with your left. Wolves, I imagine, would be a similar case; they tend to angle their heads so their nose ins't in the way of whatever their looking at, but they could look at it if they wanted to.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

If I blink one eye and then the other, I can make my nose appear to move back and forth.

I think the top part of the nose and muzzle would be visible, but seeing it wouldn't feel quite like the Beggin' Strips "It's Bacon!" commercials. For one thing, whenever one looks down, one would also see the lower body of a werewolf, and the hands with pads and claws would also be more unsettling than cute.

And, humans taste like pork. "It's bacon!"
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I'm pretty sure wolves generally hold their muzzles at a downward angle so that, at least, it's at the bottom of their vision.

like he said wolves point there noses down ward so is won't affect thier vision.
THE GAME

My Armory