In The Shadows..- Game thread

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a structured and planned environment that requires commitment from players and storytellers alike.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw, Grayheart

Nekko
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: You don't know untill you do
Mood: Meh...

Re: In The Shadows..- Game thread

Post by Nekko »

Roark jumped at the sudden crash of Kasaikon through the window. "Uh...thanks for the generous offer, but if we can keep a low profile we should be able to keep hidden and out of trouble." He said with a no offense look. "But it isn't a bad idea to have someone keeping an eye on us." He turned to Caelean. "I'm ready to go when you are."
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Death awaits you in the dark realm
Mood: Depressed

Post by InfiniteShadowMugen »

"Roark, you might not want to underestimate Kasaikon's stealth. Plus, that was only in her dragon form."

The door to the warehouse opened, and in stepped a fully-clothed elf with long, elegent white hair. She strode up to Caelean and looked over her.

-------Kasaikon---------

"Hmmm....You seem well built for a dragon. We will have to test your flight capabilities later."
I'm the fear that keeps you awake
I'm the shadows on the wall
I'm the monsters they become
I'm the nightmare in your skull
I'm a dagger in your back
An extra turn upon the rack
I'm the quivering of your heart
A stabbing pain, a sudden start.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Moon Hunter
Mood: Bored

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

Caelean's eyes glowed with interest when Mugen summoned his friend dragon. This is the first time, all this time, where she gets to meet another dragon up close. When Kasaikon complimented Caelean, Caelean scoffed in embarrassment. "No way... You're more than the dragon I could ever be."

Caelean turned to Roark. "I'm ready. You'll have to tell me directions, close to my head so that I could hear. I can't talk back, though, in my dragon form." Caelean threw back Roark's hoody. "I'll wait by the door."

Nodding to Kasaikon, Caelean stayed close to the warehouse and transformed, glad to get rid of the cold inside and to stretch her wings. She crouched and waited for Roark to get on her back. She was used to this when Zhirisa taught her how to handle the extra weight.
"I didn't do my homework, so why am I in trouble for something I didn't do?"
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

-------Kasaikon-------

Kasaikon trailed behind Caelean, also transforming. Her scales were bright blue in color, her eyes the same color. Due to her age, she was slightly taller than Caelean.

"Lead the way."
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Mother

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami didn't go back to sleep, instead, kept a watchful eye for anything suspicious. There had been something strange in the air, but he couldn't quite put his nose on it.
Life gives you lemons, you throw them back.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Roark caught his hoody and put it back on. He turned to Mugen. "I don't underestimate anyone's abilities...it's just smaller groups tend to keep hidden better in my book. And thanks for everything." He said before jogging out the door. He stopped to see both the dragons already in their dragon forms. "I can't really remember if dragons can sense polar directions but," he half-shouted as he climbed onto Caelean's back, "we're going to want to head southeast of the city. Where ever that may be."
Roark found the most comfortable spot where he could keep a good grip. "Alright, lets go!" He shouted and thew a thumbs up towards Kasaikon.
Who needs a pack...go it alone.-way of the tiger. I'm not crazy, you're just stupid. Please, take a look at my Blog: http://outcastedsecret.blogspot.com/ http://outcastedgeek.blogspot.com/ Livejournal: http://azntiger315.livejournal.com/
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

-----------Kasaikon-------------

((By the way, she uses the nickname Sai.))

Sai nodded at Roark, then let out a small roar before forcing herself into the air with a single flap of her wings. She waited for a few seconds for Caelean to follow, and continued on her flight.

"Whenever I am in flight, I use the clouds or the stars to guide me."
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami turned, smelling something new. It smelled... reptilian almost, but not quite. Dragon? Maybe. He climbed higher into the tree looking out into the sky, his amber eye sparkling curiously.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean
(What time is it in the RP? Around afternoon/sunset?)

After hearing Roark's directions, Caelean nodded to Sai and waited for her lead. Caelean bounded up and took off, following Sai as they climbed higher into the more open sky. It has been a while since she supported someone, but she maintained her flight pattern better than she had expected.

She knew the layout of the city by now, but instinct told her to keep watch of the sky. She heard Sai over the roar of the wind, "Whenever I am in flight, I use the clouds or the stars to guide me."

Caelean kept an interested eye on Sai, looking at her flight pattern and if she was doing it correctly, herself. "The stars are important, especially since I fly mostly by night." And then she remembered why she needed to fly by night. "Try to fly below me as much as possible; your scale colors may be harder to spot than mine."

She twisted her head towards Roark as they got significantly closer to the southeast area of the city, waiting for more directions.
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Yamis' eyes widened as he did see the shillouette of two dragons. It was faint, and he barely noticed. 'Don't typically see dragons around cities like this,' he thought to himself.
Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Roark found a strange sort of peace over the two dragon's roars. Caelean turned her head towards him as they neared the southeast edge of the city. "Alright!" He shouted over the roar of the wind. "Her place used to be marked by a triangle made of logs. It's supposed to point towards her den." It just hit him he forgot to mention which tip of the triangle to follow. "Sorry, I forgot to mention that the tip with a boulder is the direction to head in. I just hope she left some sort of message." A smile came across his face. Just the thought of being with Telki again was a rush.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Howling all the time...
Mood: Happy
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

(( : Caelean, it's afternoon. : ))

Ouka got up off the floor and brushed off some dirt from her shihakusho. She turned around and looked at Dan . " Well, should we stay here and wait till they find someone who could help, or, should we get some food and water from a nearby store?" Ouka looked back at Mugen and gave a faint smile. She grabbed Mikazuki and used some of the torn wolf skin sheath to form a rope to hold her sword around her waist.

Ouka looked out one of the windows and spotted a human, drunk and straining to walk, alone near the warehouse. " Maybe we have our dinner ready for us... That human doesn’t seem to have anyone with him, and he seems to be a homeless human by the way he dresses..." Ouka looked at John, her eyes focusing on his. " You said something about 'hunting humans before', am I right?... you should be able to do it again, I'm sure."

She looked back at the human, her thoughts of almost killing Roark and fighting John, she didn’t want that to happen again. And definitely not to anyone else in the warehouse. " Or maybe I should do it instead, I'll be able to control myself this time, and not transform into my lycanthrope form."
" May the darkness never scare you, but calm you through the night..."
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Mugen flipped up onto his feet, dusting himself off in the process. He looked over at Ouka and smiled in return. Sliding his sword back into his belt, he tilted his head side-to-side, making it pop.

"If I may, is it alright if I join you, Ouka?"

He somewhat tip-toed over to her, using his toes rather than his feet to walk. He stood behind Ouka and wrapped his arms around her waist and set his chin on her shoulder.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

She peered down upon the many buildings, looking for the little directional symbol. There. "Down below, Sai." She circled down to the triangle, not wanting to nosedive in concern for Roark's life. Once they landed, She crouched down for Roark's dismount, allowing him to look for any clue as to where his friend may be.

She transformed back and lay on the ground. The sun was so enticing, she could sleep, if not for the urgency. She looked up at the sun. "Do you think she's still here, Roark?"
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

---------Kasaikon--------

Sai landed beside Caelean, flapping her wings to lighten the landing. She reverted to her humanoid form, then looked around and sniffed the air.

"Roark, you said she was a panther, right?"
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

(OOC: I'm feeling lonely. :( )

Yami shook his head as he lost sight of the two dragons he had seen. He climbed back down out of the tree and headed back into the city. Maybe he could get some food to comfort his growling stomach.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Clark Gale

Clark's heart rate went up as the shadow greeted him in his room. The voice was familiar; it sounded like it came from the crazed Wolf at the hotel. His heart rate only increased further when it disappeared. He was waiting for an assault that would never come.

The increased beeping alerted Jenny, waking her up. Her face turned into shock and worry, finding her father in a position he wasn't supposed to be in. "Dad! What are you doing??" She jumped for the button to ask for assistance

Clark groaned apologetically. "Jennifer..." He tried to turn back on his own. He hissed, trying not to reveal his pain. "... Go back to sleep. I'm fine."

She had tears in her eyes as she held Clark firmly in place, restraining any unwanted movement. "You're always fine, but then you're always hurt, Dad. Can't you see that this chase is not worth it? These "Monsters" are taking your life away! YOU, are throwing your life away!"

A few nurses entered the room and asked Jenny to stand back. Clark turned his head away, disgusted in the fact that he needed help to move. He continued to talk to his daughter, "This is not just a chase, Jennifer. This is for the survival of humanity..." The nurses moved away to check the rest of his vitals, being very quiet. "I need to do this..."

Jenny shook her head in frustration. "You don't need to do anything. You retired from the Army, dad. Stay retired. Or do something else for a living. Just stop fighting for once." Her voice was shaky and low. She stomped toward the door. "I know that those Monsters are horrible... maybe even murderers... but what are they compared to the man, to the father, who's killing me?" And she left.

Clark laid there, speechless. He was left alone in the room. He knew she was right... but that only made his hatred towards the Monsters and his determination to end this war ever greater. But he knew he needed help. Help he didn't want to admit needing. I need to get out of retirement.

((OOC: This is at a point to where Clark Gale needs military involvement. Miguel, if you want to, this is the only time he'll ever have the chance to team up with your character, Kace.))
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary
Location: In my dog's pen. Playing and feeding them. ( lot's of dog food, believe me. I have 20 dogs...)

Post by OukaHowls »

Nekko
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Nekko »

Roark dismounted from Caelean's back. Sai soon followed them and both the dragons transformed to their human forms. He knelt close to the boulder. "Yes and yes." He answered back to the two dragons. "Telki, a werepanther, should be around here some where. Or atleast thats what I'm hoping my old wallet means." He finished, holding open a beat up wallet with his old I.D. cards in it. "It was burried under the boulder." The huge rock faced towards the thicker tree line. "We're gonna have to walk the rest of the way, that's gotta be way to thick to be safe." He pocketed the wallet and steped into the thick vegitation. Almost all of the sunlight was blocked out except for a few patches of light here and there. "Sorry Caelean, I really hate to interupt your sun bath but I don't think she has much patience left."
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

(Sorry, I thought I had to wait to be found since you all were in the 'secret' area that I didn't
know about yet. :D )

Yami had gotten lost, since he wasn't used to his surroundings and instead had walked further into the forested area. He growled a low angry note, his stomach growling back in response. He paused, his ears picking up voices. He walked further carefully, coming across three people. They didn't smell like regular people though, and Yami watched on curiously.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Caelean

Caelean jumped to stand up. She was smiling, despite the interruption. "Nah. I'm in a better mood." She stretched up to her toes, looking in the direction the boulder faced. "Well, more shadows.... That's fine. I've gained enough energy." She walked up to Roark. "Well, it's your turn to lead."
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!

Post by Miguel »

Kace Mcgrenor watched as the city once more surrounded him as the cab continued along the highway. Nobody seemed to be aware of the actions that had taken place at the warehouse, which was a good thing. He could see a large, multi-story building in the distance, completely covered in reflective glass windows; it was the hospital.

"Is that it?" the cab driver asked, driving onto a nearby exit.
"Yeah, that's the place," Kace responded.

The cab approached the building, stopping in front of the main entrance, a set of large, glass, automatic doors. Swiftly, Kace exited the vehicle and moved towards the doors, watching as the cab began leaving. A couple of doctors watched as he approached, all staring at the wound on his arm. Kace looked towards them.

"Where's the nearest phone?" he questioned.
"Uh," one of the doctors paused, "there's one inside, to your left, when you enter the lobby. Your arm isn't looking too good, buddy."

Kace ignored the man and moved towards the door further, causing it to slide open. A large lobby greeted him, covered in marble flooring, with a large fountain in its center. He moved forward and turned to his left, watching as a wall of payphones greeted him. Cautiously, he moved towards the one closest to the wall and lifted the phone itself to his ear.

"DFH, serving Humanity one step at a time," a robotic voice sounded from the phone. It paused. "What listing?"
"DFH Operations," Kace responded.
"One moment, please," the robotic voice responded, fading into silence. "Connecting to DFH Operations."
The phone began ringing, and the stopped, responding with a loud click. "Hello?" a voice responded from the phone.
"Dmitri, I need a listing of all monster hunters in New York," Kace spoke.
"Who is this?" the voice responded.
"It's Kace."
"The Operators are ticked, dude," the voice responded. "Whatever you did at that warehouse really caused all hell to break loose at the HQ."
"I know." Kace sighed. "Can you get me the list or not?"
"I probably shouldn't, but I'll help you out. Give me a second."
Kace lowered the phone, watching as the doctors from outside moved past. He lifted it back to his ear. "I'm running out of time here, Dmitri. Anything?"
"Uh...yeah. There's one in the hospital that you're in right now. It's a hunter named Clark Gale. Apparently he's been chasing these 'monsters' for a long time. Just recently got attacked or something."
"Any others?"
"No."
"Alright, that's all I need to know."

Kace lowered the phone back onto the frame and moved towards a large desk in the lobby's center. A woman sat behind it, staring at a computer. He spoke, stopping a few feet from the desk itself.

"I need to find one of your patients," Kace spoke.
"Can't do that, sir," the woman responded, beginning to type on the computer's keyboard.
"Perhaps I should inform my commander that you don't wish to comply," Kace responded, nervously, afraid that the woman wouldn't believe him.
"What? You military or something?"
"Affirmative. I'm in charge of all operations around this sector of the city. I'm looking for Mr. Clark Gale, one of this hospital's patients."
The woman sighed and shrugged, apparently believing him. "Fine, whatever. He's down the hall to my right, in one of the rooms, but you didn't hear it from me, okay?"
"Thank you, Ms. Your cooperation is appreciated."

Kace began moving in the direction of the hall that the woman directed him, scanning over the names by the doors as he passed by them. He stopped. The name 'Clark Gale' was situated on the wall beside one of the doors. Kace moved towards the door and opened it, watching as a middle-aged, injured man appeared in his view.

"Clark Gale?" Kace questioned, watching for any doctors or hospital staff.
InfiniteShadowMugen
Legendary
Legendary

Mugen stepped into the shadows of the warehouse, emerging behind Ouka on the outside. He snuck up behind her, and gently poked her sides.

"Boo."

He wore a large grin on his face.

"I can do more than just kill. Maybe a few hours of torture will make it more fun."

---------------Kasaikon-----------------

"I've helped Mugen find a panther demon once, his young friend Haruka. I should be able to find Telkie very quickly."

She continued to sniff the air around them, searching for the panther's scent.
Moss27
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Moss27 »

Clark Gale

Clark heard the door open. He was back on his back, but his eyes were closed. He decided to apologize directly to Jenny. "Jenny, I--"

"Clark Gale?" That voice was definitely not Jenny.

Clark opened his eyes to only be met by a man. He was alone. He looked aggressive. Though he was definitely a human. Clark grimaced as he sat himself up in the presence of such a man. "What do you want?" But that didn't mean that he would be totally polite. He did barge into his room, after all.
OukaHowls
Legendary
Legendary

Post by OukaHowls »