A-Kon 20

General convention type stuff.
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Re: A-Kon 20

Post by PariahPoet »

Don't worry Wing. I'm 24 and my mate and I don't drink, so you won't be the only one. We can just get a case of Full Throttle for us! ;D
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Yea Wingman I was only asking :Jester3: I don't feel like drinking this time around. I am just wondering the age group is all :jester: On a different note I am actually thinking about bringing some movies along. Some werewolf flicks. Since they charge for movies and crap at A-kon I figured it'd be awesome to have a movie night too while we are all hanging out ya know? I wonder how that'd work this time around.... I remember the past A-kon 18 we couldn't watch a movie I think cause they charged for hook up and you had to pay for another TV with a hook up. Some silly crap :P
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

If I can go I'll bring my portable dvd player. The screen is tiny, but better than nothing. And I'll bring my werewolf movies too. I have Teen Wolf 1&2, AWWIL, Howling IV(yeah....I know), Wolfen, Van Helsing, Blood and Chocolate, and Wolf Mountain.
I LOVE Wolf Mountain! It's such a dorky kid show, but it's great. Imagine The Goonies or The Apple Dumpling Gang with a native guy who turns into a wolf! ( He's a cutie too! I think he was my first crush when I was a kid! XD )
Got tons of anime to bring too.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Sounds like fun.

Though, truth be told, I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to be doing between now and then, since I'll be quitting my job, moving to a new city, and then almost definitely need to get a new job to keep food in mouth, and still have some cash to spend down the the land of America. So, I guess we'll have to see if I can talk my way into getting the time off, or if it would be better to jump to another job afterward.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Wingman

When it comes to new jobs, you may not get the time off you need. My new job requires me to work one full year before getting any vacation time. My job also have "personal holidays." I get 2 after working 90 days. That's what I'm using to go to a-kon.

I'm tempted to bring my Wii and my SSB Brawl game. That's if any of you wants to play. Wingman, do you play that game?

As for my plans, I want to spend most of my time with the pack members. That's the reason I'm going. I'll check out the dealers room, but I may not buy anything. Besides, all the good stuff is gone the 1st day.

I'm not sure if AB will have a booth this year. I know he'll have some panels. But I'm not sure if I want to sit through them again.

As for my age, I'll be 42 this July.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

I've never played Wii at all.
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

A-Kon 20

Post by Xiroteus »

Wait, are you saying your going X? :o
I wish, I would not have the funds to go by May. :(
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Wingman wrote:I've never played Wii at all.
Well, I guess there's no point in bringing it then. :(
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

Figarou wrote:
Wingman wrote:I've never played Wii at all.
They could try? :D (Bound to be someone that would try.)
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary

Post by PariahPoet »

I'll play wii witcha Fig. I could bring Soul Calibur and House of the Dead.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Wingman wrote:Sounds like fun.

Though, truth be told, I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to be doing between now and then, since I'll be quitting my job, moving to a new city, and then almost definitely need to get a new job to keep food in mouth, and still have some cash to spend down the the land of America. So, I guess we'll have to see if I can talk my way into getting the time off, or if it would be better to jump to another job afterward.
Do what you have to do Wingman. You need to think about yourself when it comes to that. I do want you to come, but I don't want you to starve or run into other trouble because you did not get a job when it's needed. I do hope you can make it though.
Figarou wrote:
I'm tempted to bring my Wii and my SSB Brawl game. That's if any of you wants to play.

As for my plans, I want to spend most of my time with the pack members. That's the reason I'm going. I'll check out the dealers room, but I may not buy anything. Besides, all the good stuff is gone the 1st day.
Please bring it Fig :o :jester: That's what I want to do, spend time with the pack members and have some fun :jester:
Figarou wrote:
Hey Fig? What are the rest of us? Chopped Liver? :Jester3: I'm jokin lol but I LOVE SSBB! I am definitely game for a few rounds to see if I still have it :jester:
Xiroteus wrote:
Wait, are you saying your going X? :o
I wish, I would not have the funds to go by May. :(
aww... :(
PariahPoet wrote:I'll play wii witcha Fig. I could bring Soul Calibur and House of the Dead.
You has Soul Calibur? Your awesome :Jester3:
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I'm 23, and bringing a bottle of Jager. Its mostly for Saturday night when I share it with some buddies. I don't like getting drunk. I just like the feeling of one or two shots warming my belly.

I have the final plans ready. Wednesday I leave to go to Lubbuck to visit a friend who's driving the second half of the trip. Thursday, I'm staying in Scott's room. Friday and Saturday I'm in my other friends double junior suite. Sunday afternoon I ride back to Lubbuck with a friend to where I left my car, then Monday drive the rest of the way home.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Hey Fig? What are the rest of us? Chopped Liver? :Jester3: I'm jokin lol but I LOVE SSBB! I am definitely game for a few rounds to see if I still have it :jester:

Oh......ok. I wasn't sure if the rest of you played SSB Brawl. We could play and then I could show you guys what I know about the game. I also saved my best online matches on an SD card. You have GOT to see them! You'll be surprised at how good I am with Yoshi. He's my favorite character!! I know we can't use the hotel's LCD TV's unless someone pays extra to unlock the "video input." If it doesn't cost that much, I'll see about getting it "unlocked."
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

All this talk about A-Kon makes me want go too!

Unfortunately I have no money, nor would it be practical to fly to the United States just for a weekend.

I want to see lots of pictures! :P
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Figarou wrote:I know we can't use the hotel's LCD TV's unless someone pays extra to unlock the "video input." If it doesn't cost that much, I'll see about getting it "unlocked."
If someone can give me a discription of what the locking mechanisms on the back of the TV look like (or what they're called), I can bring tools for it. My father's cable installation tools are in my posession at the moment, including the ones used in hotels for locking inputs.
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Kaebora wrote:
Figarou wrote:I know we can't use the hotel's LCD TV's unless someone pays extra to unlock the "video input." If it doesn't cost that much, I'll see about getting it "unlocked."
If someone can give me a discription of what the locking mechanisms on the back of the TV look like (or what they're called), I can bring tools for it. My father's cable installation tools are in my posession at the moment, including the ones used in hotels for locking inputs.
I don't think it's a device. It's a code you need to obtain.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Figarou wrote:
Kaebora wrote:
I don't think it's a device. It's a code you need to obtain.
Dang. I'm starting to miss the analog era. The digital age cannot be beaten by the oldness of my school.
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Kaebora wrote: Dang. I'm starting to miss the analog era. The digital age cannot be beaten by the oldness of my school.

Oh wow!! I hope this still works.

PariahPoet wrote:I'll play wii witcha Fig. I could bring Soul Calibur and House of the Dead.

Cool. I never played those games. This'll be my chance to try them out.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Figarou wrote:
Kaebora wrote: Dang. I'm starting to miss the analog era. The digital age cannot be beaten by the oldness of my school.

Oh wow!! I hope this still works.
That isn't a bad idea, however, most hotels I've stayed in have hardware locks, which are difficult-to-remove plastic coverings that prevent tampering. I have all of the equipment for removing hardware locks in the cable install kits, but the newest proprietary equipment locks are digital/analog. I brought along my TV crack kit (which includes a universal remote) for my hotel stay at Furry Fiesta. Unfortunately they had some new fangled contraption attached to the back of the TV. Most interestingly, the TV's hardwired inputs ONLY had a slot for this device, and there was no Analog, S-Video, Composite or Component imput slots. Just a new type of digital phone-like jack which was probobly optical. Fail.
-Kaebora
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

A remote that can by pass a lock? Nice! I hope that would work :Jester3: I am curious about what to do now. I think if some of us are going to be sharing a room we need to get a room now before they are all gone. I could possibly hold the room on my card, but I need to know who is really going or not. I rather stay at a hotel where the convention is being held this time so we need to finalize things asap.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Wingman »

Well, I'm going to be doing all that's humanly possible to go, which essentially means I'll be there unless I fall over dead beforehand.

I'm going to swing by the government office here sometime this week and see if I can haggle a passport from them. Though, knowing the way the government works, I'll have to do three completely unrelated sidequests for random townsfolk before I can get it.
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Eeeps. Passport procurement. In the USA that takes at least a month of waiting for it to come in the mail while they do all these background checks and clearances. I have to go through it soon myself for a trip to Canada. Anyways, I have my room situation all sorted out. I'll just have to trade some cell phone numbers with Pack members and I'm all set.
-Kaebora
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Ok. In case I'm unable to hook up my Wii to the hotel's LCD tv, I'm bringing mine along! It's a widescreen 13 inch LCD with a built in DVD player. It also has ALL the inputs! HDMI, component, pc, etc. AND it operates on AC/DC. (Not the rock band) I'm also bringing BOLT on DVD.

Wingman, be prepared for the Wii experience! And you might want to bring a hard hat. *chuckles*
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

If it's ten bucks or so a day to activate the ports, I'll spring for it. Figarou will be sharing the room with me.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary

I'll chip in too! :jester:

Alright I NEED to know if your going Pariah. I need to put a room on hold or we may be in trouble. I want to know because if you are not I need to know how much I have to put aside to pay for the room.