Wondering how to find a way to contact someone...

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Dreamer
Legendary
Legendary

Wondering how to find a way to contact someone...

Post by Dreamer »

I was looking on the internet for it, and I couldn't find it, so I came here to ask you something: Does anybody know how I could find a way to contact Guliermo DelToro, such as his address? You know, to send him a fanletter or something.
XIV
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Wondering how to find a way to contact someone...

Post by Midnight »

Don't know about movie makers, but I understand that the appropriate method of sending a fan letter to a writer is to send it to them C/- their publisher or agent. Have you thought of sending him a fan letter C/- the company that distributes his films? (There should be some sort of a contact address on the end credits of the film).
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Re: Wondering how to find a way to contact someone...

Post by Scott Gardener »

Most professionals in high profile industries have to keep a certain amount of personal information very restricted to avoid stalkers, paparazzi, and aggressive fans who can interfere with the ability to carry out normal activities. Successful writers, filmmakers, actors, and other artists are often inundated with volumes of fan mail above and beyond what they can themselves realistically handle, so they often have agents or even whole agencies dedicated towards handling this high volume.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...