Werewolves need a break

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Werewolves need a break

Post by Figarou »

Ah, life as a werewolf. So peacefull. So pleasant. The joy of freedom!!!

Wrong!! In a pack you have duties to perform. What type of duties? Well, as a werewolf there is plenty of duties compared to a plain wolf. You're not going to be sitting there watching over cubs when the rest hunt. No sir!!! Thats to easy!! I know werewolves have lots of duties!! Like guarding the safehouse. Thats one...ummm...oh.......you get the picture.

Now. Like humans. Werewolves need a break. Some time to get away from those duties. If your that werewolf with some "time off," what will you do?

Take a cruise? Go to a convention? Wolf out in some nearby woods?

As for me, I'd get away from being a werewolf for a while. Have some fun doing human things. Like carnivals, festivals, maybe do some traveling.

:fedora:
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Hmm.... well I'd have a ton of fun on Halloween I'd tell you that. Hunting in Alaska would be nice too, might not need a gun too depending on what I'm hunting.

*FYI: Unless you're one of them rediculess werewolves with niegh super-human abilities you're really not gonna wanna take on a Moose or Grizzly bare-handed.*

As for the human things I would do.... well... I'd sell a bunch of crappy out of focus photo's of myself to a tabloid magazine. After recieving large amounts of money, I'd either buy a really good home entertainment center, or take an extended vacation to Japan.

*FYI: America is my faverite country, there really arn't that many forign countries I'd like to pop into and say hi.*
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

mmm vacations are good for anyone or anything,...but wouldnt be funny you on acrusie and theres a WW just sitting on a chair next to the pool sunbacking or sumthing heheh :lol: , i need a holiday myself

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

When do you ever not feel like you need a holiday?

I'm sure werewolves would feel the same way, except on top of getting away from their day job, they'd also feel a need to get away from all the normal people they have to put up with as well (then again, that's probably not so different from normal humans either, except we usually name specific people we want a vacation from).

For the most part, I don't think werewolves would take vacations so much as they would take breaks; just relax at home for a little while longer, although I'm sure at least one weekend of every month would be devoted to getting together with a packmate or two for some quality canine time. If it was the whole weekend they planned on spending with all or part of the pack, the easiest way to excuse it would be to say their spending the weekend hunting or camping. Otherwise, they could always just meet at the house of whichever pack member lives on the quietest road or has the longest driveway.
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

mmm just chill out at home ..or in a cabin in the woods bring on the bonfire :o if i was WW i wouldnbt take a holiday with lots of humans, maybe onece or wice but not regularily stay with own species thingy :lol:

Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

I don't know. my vacatoins would probably be fairly varied; it would be interesting to see other countries, goto all that stuff, but it would be fun to wolf out in some nearby woods, too.

oh, man... wolf out on haloween... that would be so awesome...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:I'm sure at least one weekend of every month would be devoted to getting together with a packmate or two for some quality canine time. If it was the whole weekend they planned on spending with all or part of the pack, the easiest way to excuse it would be to say their spending the weekend hunting or camping. Otherwise, they could always just meet at the house of whichever pack member lives on the quietest road or has the longest driveway.
How about if you had 2 weeks off instead of just a weekend.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Werewolves need a break

Post by Searif »

Figarou wrote:Ah, life as a werewolf. So peacefull. So pleasant. The joy of freedom!!!

Wrong!! In a pack you have duties to perform. What type of duties? Well, as a werewolf there is plenty of duties compared to a plain wolf. You're not going to be sitting there watching over cubs when the rest hunt. No sir!!! Thats to easy!! I know werewolves have lots of duties!! Like guarding the safehouse. Thats one...ummm...oh.......you get the picture.

Now. Like humans. Werewolves need a break. Some time to get away from those duties. If your that werewolf with some "time off," what will you do?

Take a cruise? Go to a convention? Wolf out in some nearby woods?

As for me, I'd get away from being a werewolf for a while. Have some fun doing human things. Like carnivals, festivals, maybe do some traveling.

:fedora:
you know its the same way with demons, we have duties too in our clans, like me i lead one so i have to go over the issues of each of the clan members along with the problems of the clan its self

you know we all need some time off so tommorow im going to the beach with some friends and chill out

so fig its not just humans and werewolves that need a break but we all do

elves, demons, humans and werewolves alike need a break
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Get your pack to file in the van and drive to Yellowstone National Park :D Or any other large park. Then park the car/van/whatever and go shift. Go wolfie for a couple of weeks or so, enjoy nature/lack of humans, and have some bonding time with your pack. 8)
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Man I live near yellowstone and as pretty as it is I would NOT want to spend two weeks there as a werewolf. The park may be huge but it's constantly packed to capacity and even when you leave the roads the likelyhood of running into people frequently is pretty high.

Go a little east though and you'll hit the Beartooth mountains, which are just as beutiful and much less crowded, if you walk in on a trail far enough then leave the trail you'll be able to go weeks *if not months* without meeting other people.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Shadowblaze wrote:
oh, man... wolf out on haloween... that would be so awesome...
Indeed.

Human:"Dude, your costume is so REAL! Where'd you ge tit"

Gestalt form werewolf:"Uh....made it myself..."

:lol:
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Heh, I believe there's an older short story to that effect, about a band member going to a Halloween dance in his half-wolf form.

I believe it was called, Monster Mash, dang I'd love to dig that old shortstory up sometime.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:How about if you had 2 weeks off instead of just a weekend.
Well... Personally, if I had two weeks off, I'd spend the majority of it working on my book. Of course, that's just me, but at any rate, I don't think too many werewolves would use their precious vacation time to get hoarded into some tourist trap.

The only thing I could think to add would be that the closest wolf park or sanctuary might be a halfway decent place for werewolves to visit over the weekend, though I'm not sure if it would be more or less likely a weekend spot for werewolves with relatives that went feral. On one side, I'm sure a lot of them would like to see their sort-of-lost loved ones again, but then again, I don't know how many of us would feel confident enough around Christmas to put a tag: "To Dad, from Jack" on a dental bone. :P
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I'd take a nice vacation to a big park as mentioned and camp, which is just what I'd love to do myself. Really I'd bet there'd be nothing better than scaring the piss out of people on vacation as a werewolf. Oh, how fun!
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote: Really I'd bet there'd be nothing better than scaring the piss out of people on vacation as a werewolf. Oh, how fun!

werewolf 1--"Dude, you're back from your vacation!" How'd it go?

werewolf 2--"Oh, it was awesome!!" Took pictures of everything I did."

werewolf 1---"This I gotta see!!" *looks through the pictures* "Ummmmmm........these are terrified people. Wait a second!! Tell me you didn't!!!"

werewolf--2 "Yup, sure did!!!"
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

Post by hydrocarbon »

I'm with Terastas...if I was a werewolf I'd be happy just vegging out at home with a good book, some DVDs or games to have some mindless fun with. Sleeping in, junk food, staying up late :D

(and then maybe going on a pubcrawl aroun 11pm or so) :lol:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

outwarddoodles wrote:I'd take a nice vacation to a big park as mentioned and camp, which is just what I'd love to do myself. Really I'd bet there'd be nothing better than scaring the piss out of people on vacation as a werewolf. Oh, how fun!
That would only work if you did it on the very last day. Scare a bunch of people two hours before your plane takes off, then land at the airport back home and see all the looney monster hunters and tabloid photographers trying to book flights to go the other way.

The biggest problem, of course, would be all the people waiting at your exit gate to get you with the constant yapping of: "What'd you see?! What'd you see?!"
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

It probably wouldn't be any different than what I'd do now, just hole up in a hotel room somewhere and order a lot of room service...

Though I might end up 'accidently' scaring the people that come up to bring my food. :D
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:lol: I would probably want to get away from everything take a trip to alaska by myself and wolf out! hwlwnk
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

All I've got to say is, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Scott Gardener wrote:All I've got to say is, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
Unless you need a prescription to get rid of it. :wink:
Vicious
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Vicious »

Kill a giant assload of humans i hate.
And I hate most of humanity.
Beauty isn't human.
hydrocarbon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Random passerby

Post by hydrocarbon »

Vicious wrote:Kill a giant assload of humans i hate.
And I hate most of humanity.
...Ouch.

:blink:
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

for my vacation i would probly travel places where i know people for the simple fact that i never see them anymore
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Me. Fishing on a boat in the gulf of mexico, or even puerto rico
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image