Site Temporary unavalible/ transfering information (wtf?!)

The place for anything at all...
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Site Temporary unavalible/ transfering information (wtf?!)

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

When I was heading to this forum, it showed me "Site Temporary Unavalible"

It has been 2 weeks with that thing on the forum.

Than Yesterday I when to it again, and it said the forum is Transfering information.

What the heck was going on with that whole thing?

:hsup
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
W'rkncacnter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hard to Pronounce

Re: Site Temporary unavalible/ transfering information (wtf?!)

Post by W'rkncacnter »

Apparently (correct me if I'm wrong, people), Anthony ran out of money/forgot to pay the guys who rent him server space for the site.

This is covered in another thread, here.
What can create a new system, or destroy an old one? What can change the lives of everyone who touches it? What can strengthen the whole world, or shake it to its very roots? What can create whole nations, and change the course of history?

An idea.

-Unknown
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Site unavailable means exactly that, the website is currently unavailable. It means check back later, maybe it will be back, maybe it won't.

Yes, Anthony forgot to pay for the hosting, despite numerous reminders by members of this site. Backup plans have been put in place in case the domain does expire in the upcoming weeks. (AB only renewed the server hosting, not the domain. The domain is set to expire November 17th, I believe.)

These things happen. And unless your name is the one on the WHOIS information (as in you are the owner of the website's domain or hosting package), there is nothing you can do about it.

By the way, look around a bit. If you had you would have noticed the topic posted by Takyoji, which would have answered your questions.
Werewolf Warrior
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Warrior Hero
Additional Details: Email: werewolfwarrior@ymail.com

http://myspace.com/werewolfwarrior

Main Grid Second Life Name: Alexie Borgin.
Mood: Excited

Post by Werewolf Warrior »

True but it was doing that for 2 weeks.

heck I would pay which i cant, because my parents (for some dumb reason) think I might be coned. which apparently makes no since.
Werewolf Nation Leader

If any of you wish to join us in Second Life please do, and if you want to you can join our site at http://www.werewolfnation.webs.com/index.htm
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Busy

Post by takyoji »

No, it lasted for just 4 days. We obviously have sufficient money to pay for it, but Anthony is the one that owns it. The hosting is just a mere $9/month plan (that's like the price of going to a cheap restaurant by yourself each month). Otherwise please read other topics before starting a topic that has already been answered and explained.
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)