GO SEE BOLT

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

GO SEE BOLT

Post by MattSullivan »

Why? Coz it's cute, and it's pretty damn good. Not Pixar-good, but still good. And don't be turned off by the fact it's a Disney movie.
Baphnedia

Re: GO SEE BOLT

Post by Baphnedia »

Oh wait! Bolt came out this weekend!

*hides back under his rock*
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by Xiroteus »

It looks entertaining.
IndianaJones
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Anime/Furry/Disney Fanatic
Additional Details: I like transformations and humans being turned into animals, furries, and monsters.
Mood: Relief

Post by IndianaJones »

It looks good, better than the other stupid dog movie.
Disney/Disneyland fans and theme parks!
http://micechat.com/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ZanderFox/
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

It aint werewolves..but it's still very good :}
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

It was good! And there were no Chihuahuas!

/spoiler
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

I want to see it, but I think it's a rental.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Baphnedia wrote:It was good! And there were no Chihuahuas!

/spoiler
*nods* It's unfortunate that this has to compete directly with Twilight while that absolute piece-o-crap was the only escapist movie available during the heaviest of the market woes.
:P That is apparently God's sense of humor at work.

I know it seems like a pretty shallow excuse, but I do have at least two other reasons not to see Bolt apart from the fact that I'm broke.
1) John Travolta the Scientology poster boy.
2) Miley Cyrus the uppity brat.

Again, it's unfortunate. I probably would be eager to see this movie were those two lunks not attached to it. :P It's like Tom Cruise in Valkyrie or Steve Carrell in Over the Hedge; I probably would have seen those in theaters if I could stomach their involvement.

So, uh. . . Yeah, rental for me too.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

1) John Travolta the Scientology poster boy.
2) Miley Cyrus the uppity brat.
Why can they not just hire anyone that can do a good job to do the voices, they always have to get a name someone knows, It really does not matter, not going to movies for who the actor is or who does the voice.

Not that it bothers me all that much.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

In the case of Miley Cyrus, it's to further develop her 'career'. Disney will probably take her from musician, to voice actor, to regular actor in the next few years and then Hannah Montanize her.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Fine. be close minded and DON'T see it for stupid reasons. John Travolta was great in the film, and I'm NOT a big fan of his. Miley Cyrus was fine too. It's a GOOD movie. See it! You'll like it.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

Well I'd like to see it, so don't feel too bad, Matt.

Though I find the irony in this case rather irksome, as I have no idea when the movie plans to show up here in ol' Blighty, but I'll keep an eye open for it.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

MattSullivan wrote:Fine. be close minded and DON'T see it for stupid reasons. John Travolta was great in the film, and I'm NOT a big fan of his. Miley Cyrus was fine too. It's a GOOD movie. See it! You'll like it.
I sure never let the voice actors dictate if I see a movie, most the time whoever they get does a fine job, it looks good and I would like to see it.

My statement was just regarding who they tend to get in general for animated films, about them making a point of getting names we know of, like it is suppose to matter, no problem either way.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Xiroteus wrote:Why can they not just hire anyone that can do a good job to do the voices, they always have to get a name someone knows...
That bothers me, too. Voice acting is a craft in and of itself. The actors/actresses took pains to keep their voices and characterizations in top shape. Many, like Mel Blanc and Thurl Ravenscroft, had vocal tracts as well-developed as the greatest opera singers.

It lets other-talented actors into the creative process. Voice actors don't have to be comely, just sound great.
ImageImageImageImage
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Yes, but in this case the celebrity voice overs were, surisingly, very good.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

I have not noticed any bad ones to date, at least none that I recall.

If the story looks good. :D
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

vrikasatma wrote:
Xiroteus wrote:Why can they not just hire anyone that can do a good job to do the voices, they always have to get a name someone knows...
That bothers me, too. Voice acting is a craft in and of itself. The actors/actresses took pains to keep their voices and characterizations in top shape. Many, like Mel Blanc and Thurl Ravenscroft, had vocal tracts as well-developed as the greatest opera singers.

It lets other-talented actors into the creative process. Voice actors don't have to be comely, just sound great.

I really don't care WHO does the voice acting. As long as they do a good job.

But.....I do find it odd to have several characters in different films having the exact same voice. For example....Eddie Murphy did the voice of the small dragon in Mulan and Donkey in Shrek.

I also don't like it when the character has a completely different voice in the sequel.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

MattSullivan wrote:Fine. be close minded and DON'T see it for stupid reasons. John Travolta was great in the film, and I'm NOT a big fan of his. Miley Cyrus was fine too. It's a GOOD movie. See it! You'll like it.
Well, like I said, those were add-ons to my great big budget issue. With my current situation, I'm averaging one movie in theaters a year. :P

So those are not so much reasons why I refuse to see the movie, but rather reasons why my one movie a year is going to be something else. Like I said, it's a rental for me.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

A small revival to this thread, because I managed to watch Bolt. Hooray!

(I warn now that this post may be slightly spoiler-laden, I never quite grasped the concept of what is and what isn't a spoiler, so at your own risk and all that.)

Past the intro, it's a fairly typical buddy movie, but I didn't really mind so much because the characters were done very well, it was definitely of Pixar quality, no doubt in my mind about that. I had a laugh (and once or twice I had to suppress the urge to wail like a newborn), and loved every moment of it.

It's really worth the entry price for the psychotic fan-Hamster alone, who provided most of the laugh-out-loud moments of the film, for me at least.

Footnote: And frankly, Bolt's quite the handsome hunk of a canid when he enters into his protector mindset, he's got this Goliath aura about him that I was rather fond of, strong yet amazingly naive and full of wonder.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

Terastas wrote: 1) John Travolta the Scientology poster boy.
I typically thought that Tom Cruise already took that poster boy role.

In all seriousness, religous (or cult) beleifs are not a good enough reason to avoid seeing acters on the screen. They've already been paid, so it's not like you're boycotting them. I'll watch their movies, but I wont discuss religon with them.

Oh well, off topic it seems. I haven't seen Bolt yet, but will inevitably wait until I can rent it. I have other movies I'd rather see in theaters at the moment.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Uniform Two Six
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Uniform Two Six »

Meh... I swore I'd never go see another Tom Cruise movie again after that South Park B.S. (blackmailing a production company in violation of his contractual obligations because he didn't like a parody they did is something that still ticks me off... religious gaytard...). Anyway, as much as I hate Tom Cruise, even I have to admit that Valkeryie looks awesome. I may have to compromise my principles (again) and go see it.

Come to the dark side... We have cookies.
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

I've gotta say it was very entertaining! :)

I loved the movie.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Kaebora wrote:I typically thought that Tom Cruise already took that poster boy role.
Both he and Tom Cruise are heavy into Scientology, though only the latter is in your face about it. According to one of Travolta's co-stars from Wild Hogs (either Tim Allen or William H. Macy -- can't remember which), working with Travolta is kind of like working with a cat or a bratty rich kid in that he just does whatever he feels like doing and nuts to you if that doesn't work for you.

The example he cited on the Tonight Show was when, right before they were going to shoot a scene, Travolta decided out of the blue that he wasn't going to say any of his lines. Not that he'd forgotten them or didn't like them; he just didn't feel like doing it. It was a scene with Ray Liotta, one of my heroes, no less. I don't care how rich you are; it's never excusable to screw with anyone's time and money, much less in the presence of individuals that could do a better job than you and for less.
:P So while Tom Cruise has indeed become the face of Scientology through his preachy in-your-face antics, John Travolta's closer to the true face of it.
Xiroteus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xiroteus »

This was a good film, I liked the 3D as well, nice feel to it, first time using non blue and red glasses for anything, it was worth going to, next, the DVD release, I will get the two disc set for this.
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.