Has it been 4 years?

The place for anything at all...
Baphnedia

Re: Has it been 4 years?

Post by Baphnedia »

Very well put, Gevaudan. This is the second of two communities that I'm a proud member of, because we 'get it'. It's rather humbling. Happy Thanksgiving to you too.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

Figarou wrote: Ok...this forum is 4 years old as of yesterday, the 22nd. That's when Calypso-blue placed this forum online. I remember what I was doing that day. I was surfing the net looking for werewolf figures. You see, I was part of the Stan Winston forum with several other werewolf fans. They were into werewolf figures as well. Some of them joined this very forum. Alpha is one of them!!

Not to sound corny or anything, but I still smile to myself when I think of the good times that we had there. I think singlehandedly, our little clique kept that forum alive. Virtually every other sub-forum and thread there was dead except for our *All Things Wolfy* thread, Remember? :D :D :D :D

I know that Blade-of-the-Moon also joined this forum (although he hasn't posted in a very long time), but whatever happened to Shadowfang and Werewolf?
Last edited by Alpha on Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I'm afraid I don't remember. But I do remember the forums from back there. I haven't seen you in a Long Time. Welcome back!
Alpha
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Alpha »

Baphnedia wrote:I'm afraid I don't remember. But I do remember the forums from back there. I haven't seen you in a Long Time. Welcome back!
Oh, you were there on the SWF too? Not dissing you or anything, but I don't remember you from there. I was directing the question towards Figarou. It was mainly just the 5 of us. Me, Figs, Blades, Shadowfang and Werewolf. Back then, I was known as Sir_Talis.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Oh - I was referring to your long stay on the Pack, not on SWF. Hehe...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Alpha wrote:

Not to sound corny or anything, but I still smile to myself when I think of the good times that we had there. I think singlehandedly, our little clique kept that forum alive. Virtually every other sub-forum and thread there was dead except for our *All Things Wolfy* thread, Remember? :D :D :D :D
Of course I remember. :grinp:

Alpha wrote:I know that Blade-of-the-Moon also joined this forum (although he hasn't posted in a very long time), but whatever happened to Shadowfang and Werewolf?
I have no idea. I guess Shadowfang is busy with college and Werewolf with work.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I joined in early December 2004, the moment I found out about this place. I had been waiting for ages for someone to do a decent werewolf movie, one that was based on the same stuff we demanded here--just about everything from having a tail to having a brain.

I said back in 1989 that I would pay good money to have a good werewolf movie made. And, apparently, good money comes to about $6,100,000. I've started saving, so we should see it some time around 2078, give or take some volatility in the stock market and my medical needs at the age of 105. On second thought, maybe I'll put that towards nanomolecular regenerative medicine.

Since December 2004, we've seen a lot--Hurricanes Katrina, Rita, and Ike; catastrophic tsunamis and earthquakes; economic turmoil; and a dramatic shift in the political views of the people in my country. I personally have moved, been through a lawsuit, and I lost my father. However, in spite of an ailing economy, I make 50% more than I did four years ago, I live in a better house in a better city, and my overall standard of living has improved substantially. My wife has had both of her hips replaced. We have lost one dog but gained two others who were born less than four years ago. And, in at least rough draft form through the Nanowrimo challenges, I have written four novels and two scripts.

It's been a wild ride, and I'm eager to see where we go next. I just hope we can do it without too many more environmental catastrophies.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...