Victoria Synopsis

The recently completed film by
Anthony Brownrigg.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Victoria Synopsis

Post by ABrownrigg »

Jim is a writer with a background in classical drama. His previous works "Green Grass across the sunset", and "A time for rememberence".. have not been selling so well. His agent, frustrated tells him to write him a horror film (he can sell that for sure).. Jim is reluctant, He doesn't like horror, he doesn't understand horror. (opiate of the masses) as far as he's concerned. His agent prompts him however, and he agrees to at least try it despite his hate for the genre.

While pacing around his house one night with a bottle of sherry, trying to figure out what to write about, he notices a body under the covers in his bedroom. He freaks out a bit as he pulls down the covers and finds a dead girl under them. She looks like she's been dead for quite some time, and looks partially mutilated. He quickly goes to dial the police, but finds that the phone has been disconnected. As he tries to figure it out, the girl gets up out of bed. Walks over to him and informs him casually that she cut the phone line..

Insert lots of freaking out, and running here. Victoria is her name, and she has the brutality of Jason, with the class of Grace Kelly.

When she finally gets him to calm down, (mainly because her intestines are hanging out).. She informs him that she is his muse, and is here to guide him through the rules of horror. He figures he is drunk and after passing out, and waking up the next morning. He realizes that it's only a dream. (thank god)... When she shows up again at his morning coffee shop, he realizes that only he can see her.

His appointment with his therapist follows almost immediately.

His therapist informs him that he's overworked, and needs to give up on this horror film thing. Jim finally agrees, and decides to quit.. While thanking his doctor he notices that he's not moving a whole lot, and blood is starting to pour from his lips. He looks behind and sees that a machetie is thrust through the back of the chair and the therapist is now dead. Suddenly Victoria is behind him again.. and informs him. "The first rule of horror is that the first mistake you make, is the only one you can't take back. ".

Now Jim must finish the script to Victoria's approval. The alternative is watching victoria kill all those around him in gruesome ways.. (all part of illustrating horror for Jim)...

Can Jim make a horror film that Victoria can be proud of before everyone he knows and loves gets killed? Will she finally leave after the script is finished? .. Will she return for the writing of the sequal?

this is the film that is "Red Victoria"
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Sounds rather creepy if I do say so. Though there is some curiosity here on my part whether this is indeed some sort of mental episode or whether there's something really going on with this Victoria girl.

Of course I suppose such questions are designed to get people watching the film. ;)
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Maybe it's just me, but I see a fair amount of humor in this.

:lol:

A meta-horror film. Hmm...

-- Vilkacis
WolfVanZandt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolfVanZandt »

Hey, nice idea. You could subtitle it Victoria's Secret (or maybe not - just an idea....)

I really do like the idea, though.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

It does sound like an interesting concept. The intestines hanging out seems a little overdone (I really don't recommend using the gross-out factor), but other than that it sounds decent enough.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

nice story i like it. I am a scared rather easily though so horror flicks aren't really my thing. I guess werewolves are the only kind of thing i can watch in that genre.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I like :D The intestines hanging out are cool and stabbing the theripist is cool too!!! Don't worry,I'm not crazy I just like the gory stuff for some reason :o Considering I love Dog Soilders, Ginger Snaps Trilogy, Badmoon,AWWIL, etc..I think it makes the story more interesting because after I saw the blood in the stupid movie: Bones: With Snoop Dogg, I was totally ebarassed, even though that is not consider a werewolf movie I did however like the talking dog :lol: I'm always looking for a good scary or thriller movie to watch or something in the middle.. He's got my support with this concept and I say, GO FOR IT JIM!!!!!!

SabreWolfQueen_84 aka SabreWolf the WereWolf Queen aka Sabre hwlwnk
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Oh man!! I can't wait to see this!!

Is this a straight to DVD title?

I haves gots to gets me a copy!!!

:D
TrotFox
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by TrotFox »

That just might be watchable... ; ] Is it going to be all serious, or with a touch of camp AKA: Evil Dead? Either way I could see it being a good flick. : )

Trot, the mostly campy, fox... } ; ]
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

This sounds so cool 8) I cant wait to see it! Love the intestines falling out idea as well lck :lol:
Last edited by Silverclaw on Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

It definitly has a good sense of humor.. A-la Sean of the dead type.

But its a totally different storyline, and not really a zombie movie per-se.

Yes, having an intellectual conversation with an undead evil entity can lead to all sorts of interesting things IMHO.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

Normally, I'm not one who enjoys horror/zombie flicks...

...but this sounds worthwhile.

Especially considering how well the premise lends itself towards a "Sean of the Dead"/"Evil Dead" semi-campy "cult film" fandom potential.
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

That looks interesting, and the part with the therapist sounds funny.

WolfVanZandt wrote:Hey, nice idea. You could subtitle it Victoria's Secret (or maybe not - just an idea....)
That sounds like more of a sequel name to me...
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

Sounds interesting, and, dare I say, original. Probably something I could enjoy with my friends.
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Victoria's Secret- hmm, you could have some undergarment store tie-ins with that title :lol: :wink:

When do you think this movie will be done? Less than a year maybe?

(btw-I keep thinking of Victoria with an English accent. Anyone else think that too? :) )
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

This thing will be done in the next couple of months.

It will be along the same quality lines of the teaser however.

Anthony
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Alright :) I look forward to it 8) :howl:  :oo
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:This thing will be done in the next couple of months.

It will be along the same quality lines of the teaser however.

Anthony

Almost 2 months has passed. How is the project going? :D
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Very well so far, lots of planning, and makeup tests, and rehearsals going. We're now toying with this film going HD, so that it might have a chance of going theatrical. It was originally meant as a strait to video feature. Now it seems to be growing as well. (sigh) I wish I could just make a piece of trash horror film without mucking it up with a lot of quality. Oh well. (grin)

AB
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

For shame Anthony... making QUALITY movies? I'm disapointed in you :wink:

Btw, whats HD? And that would be so cool if it does go theatrical! I'll be the first to see it over here :D
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Wouldn't it be it, if Victoria became the instant hit we've been wanting Freeborn to be. Not that we'd complain, mind you--especially your investors like Fig. It would not only make your lives better, but draw attention to Freeborn as well.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Silverclaw wrote:For shame Anthony... making QUALITY movies? I'm disapointed in you :wink:

Btw, whats HD? And that would be so cool if it does go theatrical! I'll be the first to see it over here :D
HD= High Definition.

ABrownrigg wrote:Very well so far, lots of planning, and makeup tests, and rehearsals going. We're now toying with this film going HD, so that it might have a chance of going theatrical. It was originally meant as a strait to video feature. Now it seems to be growing as well. (sigh) I wish I could just make a piece of trash horror film without mucking it up with a lot of quality. Oh well. (grin)

AB

:jawdrop: Coolies!! 8) I hope it goes to the theater!!

I've seen one of those HD cameras at Best Buy. Expensive!!! But worth it if you're a filmmaker!! Good luck on your project!! :grinwiggle:
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Hrm, its quite a bit late but I don't know what to say.

I don't know if I'm quite fond of it. I love horror, but I'm just to darn picky! Apparently you mentioned you just want to make a cheap as trash version, so maybe any comments wouldn't help just because of that.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Were is Freeborn in all this just out of curiosity, I hope this thing makes it to the movies It sounds better then some of the things that have come out lately. Script sorts reminds me of Stephen King's book Misery
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

:o

Sounds like a cool movie. I don't have any clue how i managed to miss this up till now... :lol: