Looking for an artist

Commissions offers, art for sale, auctions, etc.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Looking for an artist

Post by Darth Canis »

Hey guys. I would really love to have an artist draw me a nice rendering of Darth Canis. I am willing to pay you and all of that. Just putting it out there that i am interested. Pm me if you are interested. I know many artists don't like to do commisions which i don't blame em. I just know we have lots of talented people sniffing about around here I don't have lots of money i am a college student after all but yeah. Thanks for the interest.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I will draw your hooded WereWolf for you no problem!! I had started drawing hooded WereWolves last year because I got some inspiration from Star Wars and also a movie called: The Last Unicorn, so you've got my skills. I will be your offical artist :D
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

:o wow thanks so much.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

No Problem My friend :D :wink:
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

FINALLY!!!

After 6 days of work, it's done! Whew!

Okay... so it's not nearly as dramatic for anyone else, since no one (not even Darth Canis) had any idea I was even working on it, but I'm glad to have it over with.

Comments and constructive criticisms welcome!

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Very good!! I see that as her new avatar. :D

Question--Is this an edit from another picture? Or all done from scratch?
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Figarou wrote:Very good!! I see that as her new avatar. :D

Completely from scratch. I did use a lot of reference pictures, of course (for example, I took the paw-pad design from Goldenwolf). To tell the truth, I have very little knowledge and experience when it comes to drawing, so I always do lots and lots and lots of research -- bones, muscles, skin, clothes, hair, lighting, and so on. That's part of the reason it took me so long.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:
Figarou wrote:Very good!! I see that as her new avatar. :D

Completely from scratch. I did use a lot of reference pictures, of course (for example, I took the paw-pad design from Goldenwolf). To tell the truth, I have very little knowledge and experience when it comes to drawing, so I always do lots and lots and lots of research -- bones, muscles, skin, clothes, hair, lighting, and so on. That's part of the reason it took me so long.

-- Vilkacis
oh...did you use the same method with Vuldari's Rubber duckie to make this? I can't remember where you posted it.

Sure wish I knew how to do something like that. I have no idea how its done. ??
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

hey i was wondering can some one do one for me a werewolf soldger black fur, muscular, husky, very big gun and few scars here and there
if some one would do it, i would be very greatful a avatar fit for the coomanding officer at U.S.W.S.F. please!!!!!!
THE GAME

My Armory
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Figarou wrote:oh...did you use the same method with Vuldari's Rubber duckie to make this? I can't remember where you posted it.

No, not at all. I didn't do any tracing -- it's all original. I only looked at pictures of wolves, cloaks, capes, etc. to see how they worked in general. I built this picture up from the skeleton, added muscles, skin, then the clothes. After that I made the lightning balls, then filled in the base colors, added shadows and finally highlights.

-- Vilkacis
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

That's reall cool, Vilkacis.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Lupin wrote:That's reall cool, Vilkacis.
Thank you :D

I'm not entirely happy with the way the force lightning came out, though. Ah, well.

I think it's about as good as I'll be able to get with my current level of experience (which is next to nothing).

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:
Figarou wrote:oh...did you use the same method with Vuldari's Rubber duckie to make this? I can't remember where you posted it.

No, not at all. I didn't do any tracing -- it's all original. I only looked at pictures of wolves, cloaks, capes, etc. to see how they worked in general. I built this picture up from the skeleton, added muscles, skin, then the clothes. After that I made the lightning balls, then filled in the base colors, added shadows and finally highlights.

-- Vilkacis
Well, you're a natural born artist. And a very good one at that. I honor those that takes the time to make someone else very happy. You should be proud of yourself, Vilkacis.

As for me, I have no skills when it comes to drawing. I can't just grab a pencil and piece of paper and expect to draw a masterpiece. Same goes for drawing in photoshop. I know there are special methods and tools to use. But trying to learn on my own is extremely difficult. I'm tempted to take a class on it. That or read a book.

Doing wolf icon edits is easy compared to what you did above. After I made that werewolf cuckoo clock, you said you couldn't top it. I think you can. And you just did.

Again....you did a fantastic job on that pic. Darth Canis will be very proud of you. :D
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Figarou wrote:Well, you're a natural born artist. And a very good one at that.
I'm not so sure about that. For the longest time I believed I couldn't draw worth crap. Then, recently (within the last year), I found out that my problem this whole time was lack of confidence and patience. Talent means nothing. Skill comes with time and practice.

I found out that it's OK for it to look like crap when you first start because there's always something you can do to make it look better. There's always a step you can take to make it look a little bit more like you want it to. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't look good now, all you have to do is keep stepping forward. Make this look better; make that look better. Just keep going. Don't settle with 'good enough,' because it's not good enough. Keep going and you'll eventually reach a point where you're actually happy with it.

The other thing I learned that helped me a lot is that most artists use reference material. And why not? What better way is there to learn than to look at reality? If you sit down and try to draw something without having a firm idea of exactly how the thing you want to draw is structured, then of course it's not going to work out very well. It really helps to have a few dozen pictures around to look at in order to get those details stuck firmly in your head. And then, once you are familiar enough with the subject, you won't need to look at the reference material so very often.

So: learn everything you can about what you're going to draw, be patient, keep moving forward, don't get discouraged, and don't give up. It's hard work and it takes time, but you can do it.

It took me six days to create that thing. Three of those days were spent on the sketch alone. It took me that long just to get something I was happy with. If you give up after only an hour or two, then you really haven't tried.
Figarou wrote:After I made that werewolf cuckoo clock, you said you couldn't top it. I think you can. And you just did.
These are two very different things. I still say I can't top the clock. Why? Because it's a very good idea, and it would take an equally good idea to top it. How original is my picture above? It took very little thought -- the subject and setting were given to me; the pose was trivial. There really wasn't much creativity involved.

And before I forget: Happy 4th, everyone. :unclewolf:

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:
Figarou wrote:Well, you're a natural born artist. And a very good one at that.
I'm not so sure about that. For the longest time I believed I couldn't draw worth crap. Then, recently (within the last year), I found out that my problem this whole time was lack of confidence and patience. Talent means nothing. Skill comes with time and practice.
Well, I can't do what you just did even if I tried. To me, you're an artist. A very good artist. You have enough skills to create something that looks awesome!! Darth Canis is going to scream with joy!! Just you wait!! :wink:

Vilkacis wrote:
Figarou wrote:After I made that werewolf cuckoo clock, you said you couldn't top it. I think you can. And you just did.
These are two very different things. I still say I can't top the clock. Why? Because it's a very good idea, and it would take an equally good idea to top it. How original is my picture above? It took very little thought -- the subject and setting were given to me; the pose was trivial. There really wasn't much creativity involved.

And before I forget: Happy 4th, everyone. :unclewolf:

-- Vilkacis
I hope you can top my werewolf cuckoo clock. :D

and happy 4th of July to you as well. :unclewolf:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Figarou wrote:
I hope you can top my werewolf cuckoo clock. :D
Here, let me put it this way. You are more experienced than me. I know you can do something that'll blow what I did out of the water. What it is, who knows. I just can't wait to see it. :D

What I did looks as if a professional did it. Well, I'm no professional. I had a hard time getting everything to move correctly without losing momentum to the tail.

You're great with stuff like this. :D
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Figarou wrote:Well, I can't do what you just did even if I tried.
Bah. Forget books. Forget classes. They won't do you a bit of good if you have an "I can't" attitude.

If you expect to be able to just sit down and pencil out a masterpiece in just a few hours, then of course you're going to be disappointed. It doesn't work that way. Sure, some people can do it, but guess what: it took them years and years and years of practice, study and experience to get to that point. Not talent. Not talent. Hard work.

If you want to learn how to draw, take 1,000 pieces of paper, and when you've filled every corner of every page with a different picture, you'll be an artist, I guarantee it. And you'll probably be able to out-do my pathetic Darth Canis picture well before you hit 50.

But if you expect skill to come for free, or expect to have some mystical 'talent,' then you'll face nothing but disappointment and discouragement because There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

I don't like seeing people say they can't draw, because they can. What they are really saying is, "It's not important enough for me to work for," or, "I don't have the time." I can accept the second one, but the first annoys me because they are lying to themselves.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote: I don't like seeing people say they can't draw, because they can. What they are really saying is, "It's not important enough for me to work for," or, "I don't have the time." I can accept the second one, but the first annoys me because they are lying to themselves.

-- Vilkacis
Well, I tried to learn how to draw with a pencil just recently and failed. :( The reason, I have arthritis. My fingers hurt a lot. I can't hold a pencil for very long. It doesn't hurt as much when I use a mouse compared to a pencil. I'm also having trouble using my Xbox controller. It starts to hurt when I'm mashing the buttons in a fighting game. For Burnout 3, all I do is hold the button down. But i still can't play it for very long. :(

Also my back is giving me problems. Already been to the hospital twice. I hate it when every single bone in my body pops. The stiffness really irritates me.

And yes, I do exercise. I like to ride my bicycle on my days off.

I hope you can accept this excuse. :(

Vilkacis wrote:And you'll probably be able to out-do my pathetic Darth Canis picture well before you hit 50.
suuurrrrrre I will. :(

And I cannot allow you to say your Darth Canis picture is pathetic. Its awesome!! Why put yourself down when you put a lot of effort into it. I like it. In fact, I have it saved on my PC right now!!

Again.....you did an awesome job on it!!! :D
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

:o

Thats cool. 8)
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Figarou wrote:I hope you can accept this excuse.
Well, yeah... That one certainly fits in the acceptable category. :(
Figarou wrote:And I cannot allow you to say your Darth Canis picture is pathetic. Its awesome!! Why put yourself down when you put a lot of effort into it. I like it. In fact, I have it saved on my PC right now!!
Again.....you did an awesome job on it!!! :D
Haha. Thank you. But that was a relative 'pathetic.' I wasn't putting myself down -- I'm happy with the way it came out, and I think it came out well for my level of skill. However, when compared to what's possible in the world of artistry, I have to admit that it really is just beginner-level.

(And before anyone comments on this: I have no clue how that belt is supposed to come off.)

-- Vilkacis
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Aki wrote::o

Thats cool. 8)

-- Vilkacis
Hamster
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Hamster »

Very cool man! :o :D lck
Lycanthrop55
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

vary nice

Post by Lycanthrop55 »

i like it a lot.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Re: vary nice

Post by Vilkacis »

Allen wrote:Very cool man! :o :D lck
Lycanthrop55 wrote:i like it a lot.

Here are some avatar-sized pics:
Image Image

I had to reduce the quality somewhat in order to get them to fit under 10kb, but I tried to make it as unnoticeable as possible.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Re: vary nice

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:

Here are some avatar-sized pics:
Image Image

I had to reduce the quality somewhat in order to get them to fit under 10kb, but I tried to make it as unnoticeable as possible.

-- Vilkacis
Hmmm...which one will she pick. :D

I also wonder if Vuldari will continue with making a Darth Canis avatar. He mentioned it here.

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewto ... 5716#15716