countdown to christmas!

The place for anything at all...
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: More to me than what your eye sees
Additional Details: Gender on profile no longer specified. Reason: There is no genderqueer option.
Mood: Happy

countdown to christmas!

Post by Flatline »

its 5 days to christmas! is anyone else excited?
Friendship is a precious thing.... Until it is abused and you are rendered unloved. Few remain at my side, one of them is the most compassionate man I have ever met. I love you silver1, thank you for being at my side when i need you the most. I will try, if only for you.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Re: countdown to christmas!

Post by RedEye »

Meh. I guess so. I've just been informed that I get to cook the Christmas dinner...
For anywhere from six to fifteen people. Either we're having portion control or lots of leftovers.
I just LOVE it when I get these last minute surprises. I may just make meatloaf, canned potatoes and veggies and to Heck with people who wait until the last minute on these things.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

Cripes, I feel for you, RedEye. Not to mention that there's so much tradition involved in Christmas dinners, they're not that exciting to cook, and usually if one does cook something too exciting, then it's no longer traditional and people are disappointed. Oy.

Serves 'em right for dumping that on you at the last moment though if their meal isn't exactly what they wanted.
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: More to me than what your eye sees
Additional Details: Gender on profile no longer specified. Reason: There is no genderqueer option.
Mood: Happy

Post by Flatline »

that sucks redeye.

4 days to christmas.
Friendship is a precious thing.... Until it is abused and you are rendered unloved. Few remain at my side, one of them is the most compassionate man I have ever met. I love you silver1, thank you for being at my side when i need you the most. I will try, if only for you.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

RedEye wrote:Meh. I guess so. I've just been informed that I get to cook the Christmas dinner...
For anywhere from six to fifteen people.
Well...I have to cook for a total of THREE people, myself included.
And trust me, it ain't all that fun. I used to cook for 100 people, that's a lot of fun :)
Since Aunt Maddie, Nana and Dad died in a six-month timeframe, the family just scattered and holidays have sucked. I have to practically turn into a kitchen Nazi to raise any spirits; except for that, Mom would just share a piece of cheese-toast with her dog and drink a small glass of cranberry juice cocktail for Christmas dinner.
So count your blessings, Red-Eye. Trust me, the other way is all kinds of FAIL.

The good news is, my second-cousin's coming in from Boulder and we're going to have a gingerbread house competition :) I spent $10 on candy a couple nights ago to decorate it with.

Anyway...as you can see, I'm seriously into the foodie side of the holiday, even though I don't celebrate the birth of Yeshuah Ben Yosef. I made three cookie doughs last night and I'm waiting on the dishwasher to get done so I can bake them off and make a few more doughs before I get dressed for The Nutcracker.

I spent all night last night doing the Solstice vigil. No real rituals unless you count making cookies and reading up on various traditions online. But I managed to stay awake until the Sun came up.
ImageImageImageImage
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Five days until my Birthday!

Which is a lot more important than the insignificant day that comes before it.
:grinp:

(just kidding, don't take me seriously)
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

Two more days until my birthday! (24th.) Mine was almost the 25th even, but not quite, it was a hour or two off. Would've been fun though, considering what Christian lore says about being born on Christmas day.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I bet it was Christmas somewhere in the world. If you were born in the United States, then it was already December 25th over Bethlehem. So, you may yet get to run with the Neuri.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

UK in my case, so there would've been a very narrow window there...

Anyway, it's wonderful that you actually know of that. It was something my Great Grandmother told me of when I was a pup, and I'd never really forgotten about it. Birthdays are always a reminder of that tale, for me. So they're not all that bad, even if they do mean I'm getting older, and going bald.

Modern medicine really needs to find a way to cure male pattern baldness, but I digress...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Finished buying and wrapping(most) of the Christmas presents I got for my family.
We got a new puppy who knocked over our Christmas tree a week ago. Tree water got everywhere. Luckily, only one ornament broke. :P She is a cute dog though(most of the time, lol)
Looking forward to Christmas Eve, I'll go to a family party and feast, then work it all off after Jan 1st :wink:
Our computer has a nasty virus on it as of now, so in case I can't get back on till then, Merry Christmas everyone! :howl:  :oo
:santa:
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Last edited by Midnight on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

Silverclaw wrote:We got a new puppy
Ooh! Are you going to take photographs?
Silverclaw wrote:(most of the time, lol)
I can relate to that, my canine companion is a Samoyed, they're beautiful and good-natured creatures but as a pup he was a total hellion, you wouldn't believe how much skirting board had to be replaced around my house.

"Thing! I see thing! I must gnaw thing! GRRRR!"
Silverclaw wrote:Our computer has a nasty virus on it as of now
In situations like that, if you're running Win2k/XP/Vista and don't have anti-virus software, is to run a system restore from before you were infected and hope for the best. You'd be amazed how many viruses on family machines I've defeated the worst of like that, so it's always a good place to start.

If you're successful with a system restore, the worst of it will be gone but you'll still need to make sure it's no longer lingering on your system, so a good anti-virus program should be used to clean it up. If you're not sure whether your current anti-virus program is any good, or you don't have one and you don't know how to check, take a look at Virus Bulletin's comparatives. I've come to rely on that place a lot, they've saved me from using some bad software.

Beyond that, I'm not sure what to suggest. I really hope you get it under control, getting infected is a horrible thing... because if it's got too far then the only solution is to salvage what you need and format (preferably killdisk) the machine. :(
Midnight wrote:You're still in with a chance then...
Well, I can hope, anyway. If nothing else, it makes a fun talking/bragging topic with which I can alienate anyone willing to listen, but to me it's always been iconic, now moreso than ever with all I've been given to think about.
Kami
Pack Leader
Pack Leader
Custom Title: Kamikaze
Mood: Depressed

Post by Kami »

I'm excited that Christmas is coming so soon. I can't wait for my family to see the gifts I got them. ^^
Lycaon
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change
Custom Title: Berserker Prince, and he who sees red.
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Lycaon »

I get to go be nice to my in-laws.... :x
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

Only 26 hours in my time zone!

Hmm. There's something kind of familiar about the new kid Lycaon, but I can't quite place it... Oh, here it is:

http://scottgardener.deviantart.com/art ... 76-5778681

Quick word of caution: most artists are pretty picky about use of their artwork. I'm a bit more open, but still, I do ask for credit--maybe something in your .sig file along the lines of "avatar design by Scott Gardener." Still, I appreciate your support of my imaginary organization, the Lycanthrope Global Freedom Federation.
Kami
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Kami »

It's strange to think that tomorrow is Christmas Eve. It just doesn't feel like it..
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Oi - at least this year I had a great excuse to skip Christmas shopping.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

I think Lycaon's icon is cute, I've come to think of him in my mind as "Little Scott", because of the smaller version of the icon. It has to be flattering though that someone liked it that much, eh?

And it's the 24th today, hooray! Not only does that mean it's my birthday, which also means I get to celebrate and ramble at people about Werewolf stuff, given the time, such is my right, et cetera ... but the first issue of the Invincible/Astounding Wolf-man crossover comes out today, and I'm really looking forward to that!

I'll have to write and thank Mr. Kirkman for delaying that from the 17th, and releasing it on my birthday instead.
Kami
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Kami »

Well, happy birthday Vagrant. ^^

I'll have to write and thank Mr. Kirkman for delaying that from the 17th, and releasing it on my birthday instead.
That's probably the first and only time anyone will ever be thanked for delaying something. xD
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

Kami wrote:Well, happy birthday Vagrant. ^^
Thanks!
Kami wrote:That's probably the first and only time anyone will ever be thanked for delaying something. xD
Oh, I don't know so much, there are a few games I've been glad about the delays of, so those games can be more polished. Like the upcoming Ghostbusters game, for example. I really want that to be good, so delays to make it all the better are fine by me!
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I shall call him, "Mini Me."

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Merry Christmas, everyone, and Happy Birthday to all you lycanthropes out there who were born feet first today.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

Nor could I blame you Scott, and I appreciate that you did, it was amusing.

So ... Christmas over, who's looking forward to the New Year, anyone have plans?
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

I plan to count down again... starting today!

364 days until Christmas!

Other plans include moving. Woohoo. I'll let The Pack know when I hit the road.
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vagrant »

Will you be gone for long, Baph? I'd certainly miss your presence around these parts. But moving is still usually a good thing, nonetheless.

My last move took me away from neighbours who played stereos indoors and outdoors so loudly that whatever they were playing degenerated into trash, life is much better without having to deal with those wastrels.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Hehe. I could be gone for a few months. But I might not be. There's a Pack member or two I'll visit on the way, along with two other Elite Veterans of Rock and other random folks and friends I've made around the intertubes.