The place for anything at all...
Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Exploring and expanding the mind.

Post by Vagrant »

Introduction

There are many ways in which one could become closer to their totemic/representative animal, and while not as fulfilling as finally receiving the gift, they can give us a stronger connection with and help us more understand our feral side.

This thread exists to define and understand that connection. Here, we can share both information as to how one may best achieve these goals and the vivid experiences that may arise from the effort. A good overall ambition for this thread would be to to strengthen our awareness of that feral aspect, and to aid anyone who's interested along with their journey.

It doesn't matter how bizarre your methods are, or how otherworldly your experiences were--so share it here, this is the place for that. This is a thread designed for open-minded discussion and progression, so don't be afraid to chip in!

Brief

This thread will cover a number of topics:
  • Mental-shifting.
  • Phantom-shifting.
  • Hypnosis.
  • Spirituality.
  • Lucid dreams.
  • Anything related to these.
Disclaimer

I would have this thread be a bastion for anyone who is open to the ideas described above and wishes to try them, and for those who know just how real they are. I would ask anyone who wishes to debate the validity of these topics create their own thread to do that.
Ceekur
Legendary
Legendary

Re: Exploring and expanding the mind.

Post by Ceekur »

Ooh, this thread caught my interest. :o
I haven't really tried purposely establishing a feeling of connection yet. It's something I'm curious to learn more about though.

Modern spiritual discovery and connection is a thing I'm slowly looking into. Posts such as Vrikasatma's vision in the Jingle talk thread are such posts about this subject that really catch my interest. Perfect timing for a thread like this (and honestly fitting for the boards too).

I may have a first contribution in fact.
I had a dream some months ago where I was a werewolf. I think I had just finished transforming (yeah, dream started just after, unfortunately :P ).
I distinctly remember the only light in the area was right where I was, while the surrounding area was dark (wasn't like a stage spotlight, just that the only light was where I was). I remember feeling an incredible urge to let out a howl. It's a little hard to describe such a feeling through words. It was like a strong internal pressure that I could practically tell where it was, yet something only possible to feel through emotions. It was a good feeling too. It was a feral drive that wanted me to howl with everything I had and wouldn't go away until I did. And it was a feeling I gladly accepted and gave in to. I howled and took in the sense of freedom and comfort it gave. The dream ended shortly after, but I can still remember just how strong that dream was.

As long as it took to be described, that is the only way to best convey it through words. I still wonder if what I felt was just a taste of what wolves may feel when they howl - the sense of freedom which little else can compare to - and the feeling which many therians and werewolf fans may long for.
' They have come to take my life...
Let us settle this 300 year-old war once and for all...
Who shall live...? Who shall die...? ' ~ Moonlight Symphony - Vampire Night

Vagrant
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Prolific Procrastinator

Post by Vagrant »

The howl, in and of itself is both a primal and very symbolic thing.

On one hand, it's a powerful statement of awareness, not unlike the Lion's roar. The howl, as the song, can also be a depiction of one's inner beauty; it becomes a declaration. On the other hand comes the response, and one knows that if one stands as a Wolf, one rarely stands alone--a truth that is made lucid as the howls of so many others court one's ears.

Given this, I can understand why the dream of a howl would inspire so much emotion, I could see it as being a very poignant and real thing, a singular experience.

Thanks for sharing, Ceekur!
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Post by Gevaudan »

Not much to add here, except that my dreams have been getting much more detailed (yet still random) in the past few weeks, especially after I returned after vacation and started posting on the Pack again. You guys must have rubbed off on me.

I do have one question about my dreams, and when I mention it to my friends they say that they've experienced it too but never really knew why it happens. Has anyone here ever foretold the future through their dreams? It seems to happen to me at least once every week or two, yet it always concerns the most mundane things, such as finding a spoon in the drawer or removing a Band-Aid. I also don't remember the dream until the event actually happens; only then can I recall having previously dreamt about it.
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."