Scientology STRIKES AGAIN!!

The place for anything at all...
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Scientology STRIKES AGAIN!!

Post by Anubis »

You remember that video on YouTube where Anon declairs war on scientology that came out last year?

well, today it was pulled due to "terms of use violation". Also the account it self was 'suspended'!

here see for you self!

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... r-vymZR0HO

Spread the world, and email youtube and call out the bullshit!
THE GAME

My Armory
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Mood: Happy

Re: Scientology STRIKES AGAIN!!

Post by Gevaudan »

It took the Church of Scientology a year to take down a YouTube account? Usually they're faster than that...
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

The CoS is wacky like that. Really, they've done a lot worse than pull vids and pulling vids is something they've done a lot before this. It's nothing new, really.
Spongy
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Spongy »

Did the CoS take over the account?
Grey
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Grey »

Lets not find out. I like this place.
Life's too short to be sad. So go roll around in the grass.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

well it was pulled once before but it was reinstated soon after.

any way, I have re-uploaded the video in protest to the removal and i posted some e-mail addresses in the description so you can demand it's reinstatement to the guys running YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ml-1bgasPe4
THE GAME

My Armory
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Next, the Church of Scientology will go after Professor Stephen Hawking, since that's his voice in the video.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Grey
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Grey »

It Izzz Possible.... Stran-ger thingz have happ-hened....

Sorry Mr Hawking, but I had to. :D
Life's too short to be sad. So go roll around in the grass.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Scott Gardener wrote:Next, the Church of Scientology will go after Professor Stephen Hawking, since that's his voice in the video.
Actually I'm pretty sure it's mircosoft mike :P
THE GAME

My Armory
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Truthfully Anubis, I think the removal of the video was exactly what the original creator had intended. Like it said, "for each one of us that falls, ten more of us will take this place." (At least I think that was the exact quote).

Evidently, you're now one of those ten.

I thank you for sharing this Anubis. Scientology is very much a cult driven by the information network; they use it to spread their poison ideas and also exploit legal fallacies and loopholes to prevent the sharing of contrary information. An anonymous assault will prevent them the luxury of being able to attack someone in their personal lives, or to otherwise alienate them from any and all other aspects of life which should not otherwise be applicable.

"We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us."
:D Awesome! I am so-o-o-o-o-o-o using that in my writing.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anubis »

Terastas wrote:Truthfully Anubis, I think the removal of the video was exactly what the original creator had intended. Like it said, "for each one of us that falls, ten more of us will take this place." (At least I think that was the exact quote).

Evidently, you're now one of those ten.

I thank you for sharing this Anubis. Scientology is very much a cult driven by the information network; they use it to spread their poison ideas and also exploit legal fallacies and loopholes to prevent the sharing of contrary information. An anonymous assault will prevent them the luxury of being able to attack someone in their personal lives, or to otherwise alienate them from any and all other aspects of life which should not otherwise be applicable.

"We are Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us."
:D Awesome! I am so-o-o-o-o-o-o using that in my writing.
Thanks Terastas, :D

I know that was the creator's intention in the first place, and i'm proud to be aprt of it! :D

The reason why me and other advocates are demanding it to be put back up. It's to show Co$ that they can no longer suppress the our right to "say we don't approve of your actions, and we are not going stand for it". Sending the powerful message that their tactics nologer work, which hopefully will make them desprate and hopefull do something increadably stupid in the process to incriminate them selves.

Also making a big deal of it is going to spread the message further and thus. More people will watch scientology and demand that justice will be served. Also keeping it freash in the public's eye.

(also again sorry about Obama thing :( )
THE GAME

My Armory
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Religions in general have at least the potential to evolve into viral memes. If an ideology carries with it the need to reproduce the ideological belief structure in other people, then the ideology is behaving like a living organism, or at least like a virus, except in the medium of consciousness rather than in DNA. Thus, a militant religious belief, that one must convert others at the expense of the host's free will, particularly if the motivational imperative advocates the destruction of rival ideologies, then the belief is in effect a parasite. Militant fundamentalism fits this description; Islamic extremists blowing themselves up represent an example of the most aggressive form of viral meme, though Christianity has produced its fair share of extremists as well. Scientology is a little more unusual in that it purposefully engineers itself rather than simply spreading willy-nilly from person to person. The system of Scientology, therefore, would seem to be a more highly evolved meme that populates multiple people and specializes them into subtypes.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Gevaudan
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Music Lover
Additional Details: Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!

Post by Gevaudan »

Scott Gardener wrote:The system of Scientology, therefore, would seem to be a more highly evolved meme that populates multiple people and specializes them into subtypes.
I once read somewhere that there are three different "orders" of people in Scientology. I'm sure what you're talking about, Scott, is OT levels, but what you said reminded me of this:

3rd Order: Common people. This is where the money is raked in. These people pay lots and lots of their money without having half a clue what the CoS's beliefs are. I feel sorry for these people.

2nd Order: Extremists and Propagators. The voices of Scientology. They are the confrontational ones that you see in so many informational videos. They are adamant about their beliefs, but they never quite tell you what those beliefs actually are. Often use specialized tactics to either convert you or ward you off. Quite annoying, but not the real problem.

1st Order: The Head Honchos. Yes, this minority of people gets all of the money, and they control every facet of the CoS. These are the people who have committed the various criminal acts and lawsuits of which the CoS is well-known. These people are the ones who are committing the crimes, and so they are the ones that should be stopped.

I am very tolerant of other people's beliefs, but criminal acts are just unacceptable.
And everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.

Find me under my new username @RhyeRhythm on Twitter, Telegram, FurAffinity, Weasyl, and Furry Network!
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

The basic idea is that they withhold information from newcomer Scientologists while they continue to have them pay for their "services" and ration out information in small portions, usually on the grounds that the newcomers are "not ready yet." By the time someone has contributed enough financially for them to even have half a clue of what Scientology represents, they've already invested their entire lives into the church and either A) feign belief and continue to buy into the church, or B) die penniless.

Anonymous repeats the phrase "knowledge is free" in protest of this. To this day, all most people know about Scientology is that they are opposed to psychology. Everything else the CoS has tried to withhold from the public. To the best of my knowledge, they are the only organized religion ever which actively advertises itself and attempts to recruit followers by the masses, yet withholds all possible information regarding its teachings.

The CoS is nothing more than a massive pyramid scheme with a religious theme.

Really, have you seen their commercials?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVruyhtvvlQ
Were these people advertising a religion, or a miracle product on the home shopping channel?