werewolf nationality

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

werewolf nationality

Post by Anubis »

i just thought of some thing would a person's nationality would effect the color of a werewolf's fur? i mean would a mexican's fur be brown. a white guy's fur would be grey and/or white. i'm not racist i'm just asking so please don't say mean things
THE GAME

My Armory
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Nah, the fur color wouldn't be effected by skin, that I know of, but that one person's hair color. Whether it effects the skin color or not I'd just wait untill a knowlaglible person comes by here.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: werewolf nationality

Post by Figarou »

wolf marine wrote:i just thought of some thing would a person's nationality would effect the color of a werewolf's fur? i mean would a mexican's fur be brown. a white guy's fur would be grey and/or white. i'm not racist i'm just asking so please don't say mean things

No, it depends on the DNA structure. Not nationality.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Human body hair is not always the same as hair color up top. But, there is a general correlation; not many blonds have black hair in other places.

I'd picture nationality making a difference, with Africans and Orientals, as well as Hispanics (who are hybrids) having predominately darker fur colors, while caucasians would vary, depending on how much lighter (Scandinavian or Germanic blond, or Celtic red) genetics they have, compared to darker Mediterranean genetics.

Then again, human genetics is screwy enough. Adding in something hypothetical but plausibly complicated like werewolf genetics, and who the heck knows?

And no, it's not racist to talk about races, as long as you're not claiming that yours is better. It starts getting touchy when one starts going into debating cultural ideology, but basic physical facts such as genetics of eye color is pretty benign.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Dreamerwolf
Pack Leader
Pack Leader

Post by Dreamerwolf »

I think that nationality would make a difference. Subspecies of wolves take on different colors of fur depending on where in the world they live. Nationalities are basically 'subspecies' of humans. I think it would also effect size, just as in regular wolves. (And I do apologize if this post makes no sense since I'm writing it on very little sleep)
~A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes~

~For a Dreamer, Night's the only time of day~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Ummm...are we talking about this type of nationality?

5 a : a people having a common origin, tradition, and language and capable of forming or actually constituting a nation-state b : an ethnic group constituting one element of a larger unit (as a nation )

Because I am sooooo confused here. ??

What does that have to do with the color of the fur?

Confused one wants to know. :D

What I know is that humans has adapted to the part of the world they live in. There is a reason why each of us has different skin and hair color. Why do Africans have darker skin? Is it because of thier nationality? That can't be the right answer.
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

I think nationality would make a small difference, though it would depend more on genetics.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Figarou wrote:Ummm...are we talking about this type of nationality?

5 a : a people having a common origin, tradition, and language and capable of forming or actually constituting a nation-state b : an ethnic group constituting one element of a larger unit (as a nation )

What I know is that humans has adapted to the part of the world they live in. There is a reason why each of us has different skin and hair color. Why do Africans have darker skin? Is it because of thier nationality? That can't be the right answer.
when i say nationality i meen race you know black, white, portarican
THE GAME

My Armory
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Wolfhanyou wrote:I think nationality would make a small difference, though it would depend more on genetics.
Thats what I just said above.

*points up*

:D
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

I think it's more ethnicity we're talking about here than nationality. I'd say that if your ethnicity influnces the color of hair you have as a human, it would also influence your fur color as a werewolf. Unless the virus does (more) crazy weird things and has its own genes for fur pigmentation or something.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

wolf marine wrote: when i say nationality i meen race you know black, white, portarican
The way I see it, a guy with black hair will be a black werewolf.

Guy with redish hair will be a redish werewolf.

Now if a guy with black hair becomes a white werewolf because his skin is white, then something is not right.
Darth Canis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Darth Canis »

Yeah i agree. I think the color of a persons hair would have more effect on their coat color then their nationality. So that brings up yet another question. What happens if that persons hair is dyed? Would they have a funky design on their head then their natural hair color on the rest of their body. Imagine if a werewolf dyed their hair blue.... or pink :lol: That would be a great joke to have in freeborn lmao.
The little girl who always wanted to fly an x wing and be raised by wolves... Come to think of it she still does.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Darth Canis wrote:Yeah i agree. I think the color of a persons hair would have more effect on their coat color then their nationality. So that brings up yet another question. What happens if that persons hair is dyed? Would they have a funky design on their head then their natural hair color on the rest of their body. Imagine if a werewolf died their hair blue.... or pink :lol: That would be a great joke to have in freeborn lmao.

I think that was brought up once before. Dying the hair a different color as a werewolf. When the hair recedes under the skin when shifting back to a human, you're bringing the die along with it. Not a good thing to do.

No sirrrrrr.....eeeeee Bob!! :D
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote: I think that was brought up once before. Dying the hair a different color as a werewolf. When the hair recedes under the skin when shifting back to a human, you're bringing the die along with it. Not a good thing to do.

No sirrrrrr.....eeeeee Bob!!
Well, that would be an interesting way of giving yourself a tatoo... paint the design on your fur and rvt.

I've given myself an "accidental" tatoo a couple of times while reaching for my croquill pen
Vehemori
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Vehemori »

:lol: It would be an interesting werewolf pastime to transform into wolf form and run around with fur dyed with all kinds of colors and patterns.

Little girl: "Mommy! I just saw a pink wolf with flaming tail"

Mother: "..."
working on avatar...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Vehemori wrote::lol: It would be an interesting werewolf pastime to transform into wolf form and run around with fur dyed with all kinds of colors and patterns.

Little girl: "Mommy! I just saw a pink wolf with flaming tail"

Mother: "..."
Heh. I forget what thread it was in, but one of the things we suggested in an alternative thread was that a werewolf wouldn't want to dye his/her hair because shifting into a werewolf wouldn't wash it out. So yeah, I could picture an otherwise normal colored wolf with splotches of green on top of his head.

The werewolf's skin might be similar to that of their human form, but it wouldn't be all that relevant to discussion since the only way it would ever be seen would be if the wolf or werewolf were somehow shaved (which I doubt either or would ever allow). So their color would pretty much be determined predominantly by their hair color.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote: Heh. I forget what thread it was in, but one of the things we suggested in an alternative thread was that a werewolf wouldn't want to dye his/her hair because shifting into a werewolf wouldn't wash it out.
Same here. I read it somewhere. Can't remember where though.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Hell! Ofcourse nationality matters! And since I'm from the Netherlands, I'll be wearing these as a werewolf:

And instead of hunting in a forest:

:lol:
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Morkulv wrote:Hell! Ofcourse nationality matters! And since I'm from the Netherlands, I'll be wearing these as a werewolf:

http://www.hollandsbest.com/wooden_shoe ... lompen.jpg

http://home.hetnet.nl/~julianadorp/bloe ... d-1-mt.jpg

well...since werewolves are on thier tippy toes, you'll be tip toeing through the tulips.

Heh...couldn't resist. :jester2:
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Figarou wrote:
Morkulv wrote:Hell! Ofcourse nationality matters! And since I'm from the Netherlands, I'll be wearing these as a werewolf:

http://www.hollandsbest.com/wooden_shoe ... lompen.jpg

http://home.hetnet.nl/~julianadorp/bloe ... d-1-mt.jpg

well...since werewolves are on thier tippy toes, you'll be tip toeing through the tulips.
That could get a bit ugly in those shoes. :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

wolf marine wrote:

when i say nationality i meen race you know black, white, portarican
Its Puerto Rican, to be precise :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Ethnicity would play as much as a role in fur color as it does in your hair.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »