Lone Wolf

Here you can role-play as your favorite character in a loose and informal setting.

Moderators: Silvermoon, Silver Predator Wolf, Wingman, Thunderclaw

Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Mother
Mood: Meh...

Lone Wolf

Post by Silvermoon »

I'm bored so I'm using my werewolf character (one of them) to create a random role play. This guy has been through Hell, but he still tries. He's an alpha male with white hair that goes down to his shoulders. He has a scar over his right eye where he was held captive and horrible expiriments were preformed on him. He finally escaped by jumping through a window, thus the scar. His left leg is also starting to weaken because he was stabbed at one time and it never really healed properly. He has amber eyes and is a white wolf. His name is Yami Light, and he has some slight ESP. He has visions and can slightly read other peoples thoughts when they don't have their mind blocked. He stands at about six foot three.

His wolf form sort of looks like my avatar.

Anyone interested just post a character. :D

Ja ne,
Silvermoon
Life gives you lemons, you throw them back.
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Packmate of Sabbatis
Mood: Happy

Re: Lone Wolf

Post by Cyberwatt »

Sounds like it could be fun, Silvermoon! :) This gives me a chance to import a character generated by a new story bible I’m compiling. We’ll see where this goes.

Erhard is a lithe muscular werewolf whose gold-brown fur is highlighted by black streaks at his shoulders and flanks. His height of seven feet and wild mane contribute to the look of a wily predator. His mane is strangely wide and seems to conceal a neck that is thicker than normal. But more than anything else, the rune etched into the flesh of his left hand mark him as one of the Benandanti, the “Good Walkers” of European legend. His eyes are narrowed and his face betrays a haunted expression as if he has seen too much.
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Okay! :D I'm assuming that his human form looks similar to his wolf form except not as fury. :D

Ja ne,
Silvermoon
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

Silvermoon wrote:Okay! :D I'm assuming that his human form looks similar to his wolf form except not as fury. :D

Ja ne,
Silvermoon
:lol: You assume correctly.
http://thevindicad.blogspot.com/ - The new apocalyptic serial novel. With werewolves!
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Let's get this show on the road until others come in.

Yami threw his duffel bag on the ground and sat down in a huff. He took the bandana that covered his right eye off and wiped his forehead before putting it back on. He had been traveling for a long time and he had finally given into his aching body. He leaned against a nearby tree and pulled out a box of cigarettes and a lighter, igniting one and sticking it between his fingers to take a puff.

Ja ne,
Silvermoon
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

A tall, somewhat thin man approaches after having emerged from the door of a local coffee shop. He comes to stand before Yami dressed in a flannel shirt, jeans and denim jacket. His sandy brown hair and glasses make him look thoroughly ordinary and his pronounced adam's apple lend him an air of bookishness. For all that, though, the eyes betray more: they constantly seem to be focusing on something other than what he is looking directly at. There are bags under his eyes that betray a lack of sleep.

"Excuse me, I know this is going to sound odd," he says, "but do you know what day it is?"
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami glanced up at the man and smiled. "I don't even know what town I'm in let alone what day it is. Sorry." He stood and held his hand out. "I'm Yami Light, I've been wandering randomly for a while now. God knows how long."

Ja ne,
Silvermoon
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

The thin man's brows knit together, whether in confusion or frustration it was impossible to tell for his face made no other discernable expression. "That's what I was afraid of."

He sniffed the air and his eyes narrowed, as if he was searching for some unknown and disagreeable odor. "You're not from around here, I assume. Well, for what good it will do, you should know that neither am I. Call me Erhard. Kyle Erhard."

There was a slight but noticeable hesitation in his voice as he spoke his first name, his large adam's apple bobbing somewhat as if the appellation was almost foreign to his throat. However, he then smiled and held out his hand to shake. Perhaps he was harmless.
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami shook it firmly. "Yami Light. Is there some where you looking to go? If not, stay awhile. I haven't had one of my kind to talk to in a while." The amber eye not hidden behind his bandana sparkled with friendliness.

Ja ne,
Silvermoon
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

Erhard smiles wanly. "Actually, leaving is the last thing on my mind, Yami. Especially since you're here."

Just then a passerby of decidedly strange complexion slouches past. This pedestrian's gait is odd, shuffling his feet at almost random intervals. His face is blotched with what looks like livid birthmarks or angiomas. Erhard eyes this newcomer suspiciously. A low sound emanates from his throat. The air seems thick with menace.

Then the stranger moves off at last. Erhard sits down next to Yami and his face is grave, though without any hint of a threat. "My friend," he says in a quiet tone, "I sense you're possessed of a good heart. May I be frank with you?"
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami nodded. "Go right ahead." He stood back slightly, leaning on his good leg. (His left leg is limp from the expiriments preformed on him when they injected some crap into it.)

Ja ne,
Silvermoon
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

Erhard clasps his hands and exhales slowly. Then he looks at Yami. "It's obvious we both... know each other. If you know what I mean." He chuckles quietly and for a moment, his eyes flash an amber light that reflects Yami's own.

"And because we belong to same... club... I suggest we hike into the hills where we can talk freely. The sun will be down soon, and you deserve to know what you've gotten yourself into."

His face then grows serious and his eyes flicker to the retreating pedestrian who is still shambling oddly away. "It's not safe here. Not even for our kind."
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

(FYI, Yami was born werewolf, just thought I'd let you know. :) ) Yami followed him his duffel bag thrown over his shoulder. He was curious as to what had lead him to this town, and why it would be different from other places. He's always been cast out, by humans for being a monster, by werewolves for being weak. It wasn't that he was weak, it was just the fact that his leg was beyond repair and he was blind out of his right eye.

Ja ne
Silvermoon
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

Silvermoon wrote:(FYI, Yami was born werewolf, just thought I'd let you know. :) )
Silvermoon
(OOC: Interesting. Thx for filling me in. May be useful to know. Btw, sorry for switching tenses. I'm used to present tense when RP'ing. I'll try to keep it in the past. :oops: )

The sun was like a red eye as it began to set behind the hills, and the moon was already showing its white face from behind dark and wispy clouds that floated languidly across the sky. An owl hooted from somewhere in the woods as the failing solar rays bathed the town below in a bloody patina.

The eyes of both of the companions began to shine with a preternatural light as the evening advanced and the moon gained dominance of the night's canopy. "This town is, or was, called Woody End," Erhard said, his voice taking on a hoarse and growling tone. "That was fifty years ago. About that time, it... there's no other word for it... disappeared!

"The town sheriff was one of us. He disappeared along with the village. We heard his howl of pain and terror from miles away. Then nothing.

"Since then, we've kept a watchful eye on this area of the country. Then two weeks ago, the town reappeared. And there's something wrong with it."

Erhard sniffed the air. "Do you smell it? That odor. It offends the forest."
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

"I had wondered if that was pollution, but you're right. From my experiences, it doesn't smell right." He stepped up closer to the other. "What are we going to do about it? Is there anything we can do? We don't even know what is-!" He doubled over, falling to his knees, clutching his head. Rapidly, images shot through his mind and he snarled, baring his fangs painfully. (You try having images go through your head at the speed of sound, it's not fun. :P )

Ja ne,
Silvermoon
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

Erhard sprang to the side of his companion and laid a hand reassuringly on Yami's shoulder. "What is it? What's wrong?" he asked, his voice tinged with urgency as well as concern.
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami eventually calmed down and sat down entirely, catching his breath. "A battle... There's going to be a battle of vast porportions... " He bowed his head. "I'm sorry. This has always happened, where I'll get a 'vision' as I call them. They're normally triggered by something, and this one must have been triggered by the smell."
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

Erhard's look was sober and unsmiling, though his voice indicated only calm resolution. "It's as I feared, then. And with so many of my brothers away attending to other affairs..."

Then his head snapped up. The smell was worse. Both companions could taste the earthy savor in the air, like a boil of worms emerging from polluted ground.

"Stregoika...," Erhard breathed.

Then he looked at Yami with a frantic urgency in his face. "Can you fight, my friend?"
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami bared his fangs smirking. "I was born to fight." He stood next to his new companion, relishing the oncoming battle. "Do you know who, or what, it is? This smell is new to me."
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

"Good. I'll need your help," Erhard said. "I hope you have a spare change of clothes. I know it's hard, but try to make the shift as quietly as you can. When we've both changed, circle around to the right. I'll take the left. What you see will appear as an old woman, a crone, possibly in rags. Don't let her see you. I don't have time to explain, but trust me: she's not what she appears to be. Above all else, remember: she is your enemy!"

Erhard's thin frame hunched over and he looked at the disc of the moon with a fierce glee. With snaps of bone and the wet pop of reforming muscle, the gaunt man began to grow in height and mass, his hair billowing out into a mane and his hands and feet bursting forth into powerful claws. Yami could tell he was fighting to hold the joy of the change in check as his lupine ears, muzzle and tail sprang into existence under the shining of Luna. He also noticed that Erhard's neck seemed thicker than average, the adam's apple he had in human form turning into a bunched knot of corded strands that ran the length of his throat.

The brown and black-furred werewolf grinned a snarling set of gleaming white fangs as he stood to his full height. "We have some hunting to do."
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami nodded turning. He had many years of experience of being sneaky under his belt, so there was no difficulty being quiet. His white hair turned into the scruff of his neck, more white fur popping out everywhere else. His white tail stayed stiff in threatened pose and he bared his fangs, bounding off silently to the right. He had been on the run for a while now, so this was easy for him. So far.

He saw the old hag that his companion had talked about, and he bared his fangs, hiding in the brush. He didn't like the smell of her.
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

Yami's senses were assaulted as much by the crone's stench as by her appearance. Her fingers were gnarled and twisted, her eyes two yellow orbs that glinted with an unnatural light. And even though the night was warm, her breath exhaled in a visible vapor as if the air were frigid.

A moaning whine, almost ultrasonic, imperceptible it would seem by anyone but another werewolf, sounded from the bushes behind her and Yami recognized it as the clipped speech of his fellow lycanthrope. <<Beware. She knows we're here.>>

The hag snorted and uttered some horrible, gargling speech. She traced a sign in the air, and the very ether in front of her glowed with a blood-red sigil resembling nothing on this Earth. Yami felt revulsion at the sight of the unholy ward, the pure moonlight sullied by the hellfire of the hag's evil power. No, this creature could not be human. No human could create such a blasphemy.

Then she cackled aloud. A rushing sound and the symbol was gone. Then a series of thumps and Yami heard deep and threatening snarls. Then a sharp yip of pain and a loud howl that split the night. Erhard was under attack!

<<Forget about me!>> the howl cried out in the True Speech. <<Kill the hag!>>
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami snarled, leaping into action. He rushed toward the hag on all fours leaping upon her baring fang and claw letting loose a raging snarl as he tore into her. Her shrieks were inhuman as Yami tore her limb from limb.

Once he sensed her movements to be ceased, he pulled away from her, blood dripping from his muzzle. He went to Erhard, whimpering. <<Where does it hurt? What can I do?>>
Cyberwatt
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Cyberwatt »

A horrible roar issued from the bushes and Yami saw Erhard flying through the air, tossed by some invisible force. The brown-black werewolf twisted in mid-air, scrabbling for purchase, and dug into the ground as his claws fought to arrest his backward motion. Yami could see a red gash across his chest.

After he slid to a stop, Erhard spared a glance at the bloody rags that had once been the body of the crone. <<A good kill, Yami,>> he growled. <<But she called her playmates!>>

The ground trembled for a second and then a piece of scrub was unceremoniously uprooted and thrown clear. Three hideous forms emerged from the undergrowth. They resembled werewolves in a vague way, but their repellent shambling pace was made worse by their perverted features. One was festooned with eyes, filthy orbs that wept some pungent fluid. The second's limbs were canted at odd angles that were painful to see, and the third sported twin muzzles that snarled and drooled profusely. The fur of all three was spotty and mangy, foul parodies of the noble creatures who faced them.

Erhard uttered a piercing howl from his wide throat and the three abominations screeched, swaying for a moment as the sonic shockwave tore at their eardrums. <<They'll only be stunned for a moment,>> Erhard said. <<Help me take them down!>>
Silvermoon
Game Master
Game Master

Post by Silvermoon »

Yami wasted no time in helping Erhard destroy the abominations. He tore into them not giving them a chance to recover from the shockwave. <<What the hell are they???>>