Things humans can do that wolves can't

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Things humans can do that wolves can't

Post by NightmareHero »

Sweating. humans have a perspiration system that allows them to do without fur, and adjust to exerting themselves from too much activity.

This would be a great minute detail that could be incorporated into explaining how the werewolves maintain rigerous activity without their bodies overheating.

You could show their fur "damp" or maybe wet, with a few sweat perspirations.

This of course I believe, would be an incredible undertaking for the FX department, but it would add such intricate detail if they could pull it off. And allows us to associate with werewolves on an implicit level, because humans, not canines, are the ones that can sweat.

Ah well, wishfull thinking :-)

Feel free to name other things that humans can do that wolves, or canines can't besides stating what is overly obvious (EX: Talking)
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

Open doors. Talk. Count to ten without resorting to toes.

Humans can eat chocolate - big advantage!

More seriously, humanity's biggest advantage has always been the opposable thumb. Humans can kill from a distance thanks to the gun or spear or bow/arrow, none of which is usable without a thumb. Thus, even a smart werewolf would be at a disadvantage compared to a human that is actually *expecting* to meet a werewolf, because the human can set up an ambush.

The other big human advantage is the ability to talk. Body language can say a lot, as we've discussed in another forum topic, but it can't get across, "Hey, we really need to get the blonde girl with the gun. It's loaded with silver! Chocolate covered silver!"

And if you combine the two advantages, humans can get *really* dangerous. Walkie-talkies and cell phones would allow humans to coordinate attack and defense much better than howls would.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

Xodiac wrote:Open doors. Talk. Count to ten without resorting to toes.

Humans can eat chocolate - big advantage!
The other big human advantage is the ability to talk. Body language can say a lot, as we've discussed in another forum topic, but it can't get across, "Hey, we really need to get the blonde girl with the gun. It's loaded with silver! Chocolate covered silver!"

And if you combine the two advantages, humans can get *really* dangerous. Walkie-talkies and cell phones would allow humans to coordinate attack and defense much better than howls would.
All this talk of werewolves and chocolate has made me think of a chemical, two chemicals, even, that will have werewolves quaking in their fur...
Soy sauce and MSG.
Treads Lightly
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Treads Lightly »

The basic setup of humans and wolves is very different. Wolves are designed for cool to very cold weather; humans are designed for cool to very hot weather. Sweating dissipates excess heat. Wolves can only dissipate heat through their tongues.

A wolf’s coat is very thick and has guard hairs that make it almost completely waterproof. The reason for this is that the absolute last thing you want to be when you’re very cold is wet.

I would think that most transformations would happen when the weather is somewhat cool, to avoid the problems of sweat. However, if a transformation happened in say, Louisiana, where it is very hot, the were would be at a huge disadvantage due to the fact that he would be sweaty no doubt, and then covered in a thick layer of fur during the summer.

For a situation like this, I could see that the fur would cause the sweat to be trapped on the surface of the emerging fur. Thus, when transformed the were could simply shake it off. Otherwise, if the skin were actually wet and the were had all of his fur, it would be like driving a stock car without a body cooler, the poor thing would cook. There would be little it could do to make the situation better because the fur would prevent the sweat from evaporating very quickly. Even diving into a pond would help little, as that water would not easily be able to reach his skin. If it did, the precious problem would be even worse.
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

Ok these are all valid points, but remember, that a werewolf is BOTH human and wolf.

Remember the quote "All our strengths, none of our weaknesses?"

Wolves maybe allergic to chocolate, but that doesn't mean that a werewolf would be. Also, if these werewolves are bipedal and quadraped, who's to say that they won't have aposable thumbs? THEY could as well set up traps for humans, forest traps involveing pullys or rope, or maybe wooden stakes, in anticapation of a human hunting party.

Another thing that humans ARE and werewolves are not, is omnivores, NOT carnivores. IT would be very interesting to see a werewolf cub take a bite out of a fruit and munch it down, when they can't find any live animals to hunt, that's not to say they would NOT prefer the taste of meat to fruits and vegitable in their transformed state.

Remember, when you do things that have never been done before onscreen, by inovation, by carefull thought, and by creative ideas that are plausible and work, you REINVENT the conceptions of old things. Such was the case when Star Wars came out.

Now I don't expect the creators of this movie to take all of what I say into consideration, but to offer other aspects that have never been seen before elevates old concepts, not put them down, provided they make sense, and if necessary are explained. I don't expect this movie to have the same effect as Star Wars had on reinventing myth, but it COULD have a similar effect on reinventing the concept of what werewolves ARE, while staying true to everything that came before, only with some reinterpretation, from a certain point of view.

Just some food for thought, take it as you will.
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

Treads Lightly wrote:The basic setup of humans and wolves is very different. Wolves are designed for cool to very cold weather; humans are designed for cool to very hot weather. Sweating dissipates excess heat. Wolves can only dissipate heat through their tongues.

A wolf’s coat is very thick and has guard hairs that make it almost completely waterproof. The reason for this is that the absolute last thing you want to be when you’re very cold is wet.

I would think that most transformations would happen when the weather is somewhat cool, to avoid the problems of sweat. However, if a transformation happened in say, Louisiana, where it is very hot, the were would be at a huge disadvantage due to the fact that he would be sweaty no doubt, and then covered in a thick layer of fur during the summer.

For a situation like this, I could see that the fur would cause the sweat to be trapped on the surface of the emerging fur. Thus, when transformed the were could simply shake it off. Otherwise, if the skin were actually wet and the were had all of his fur, it would be like driving a stock car without a body cooler, the poor thing would cook. There would be little it could do to make the situation better because the fur would prevent the sweat from evaporating very quickly. Even diving into a pond would help little, as that water would not easily be able to reach his skin. If it did, the precious problem would be even worse.
Yeah you make a good point, I didn't know that. Hmm. makes it more difficult for them to handle hot nights. However, I wouldn't want to see them slobering with their tongues out. The reason being it would make them look more like average dogs than wolves. The solution could be that they only live in areas where there is cool wether, but that's cheating sort of. Ah well, I'm not a biology major, so I don't know of a better answer, but as an astethetic effect, if they WERE in a cool environment, and they were doing some heated activity, such as mating or fighting, then it would make sense that they sweat, since the sweat on their fur could help them cool down. Think about it, when your hair is wet, doesn't you scalp feel cooler?
Treads Lightly
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Treads Lightly »

Think-Harder wrote: Yeah you make a good point, I didn't know that. Hmm. makes it more difficult for them to handle hot nights. However, I wouldn't want to see them slobering with their tongues out. The reason being it would make them look more like average dogs than wolves. The solution could be that they only live in areas where there is cool wether, but that's cheating sort of. Ah well, I'm not a biology major, so I don't know of a better answer, but as an astethetic effect, if they WERE in a cool environment, and they were doing some heated activity, such as mating or fighting, then it would make sense that they sweat, since the sweat on their fur could help them cool down. Think about it, when your hair is wet, doesn't you scalp feel cooler?
Wolves pant, you simply can’t avoid it. The water evaporating off of the tongue is what cools their blood, which why they have enormous tongues.

I pointed out above why sweating is a bad thing. They would need thinsulate clothing to live in cold climates the same as humans if they did.

In hot weather wolves are not very active. That is one reason why wolves have been given the distinction of creatures of the night. The further south they live, the more they have to hunt at night to avoid overheating, otherwise they’re active whenever they feel like it.
Treads Lightly
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Treads Lightly »

Think-Harder wrote: Remember the quote "All our strengths, none of our weaknesses?"
I really don’t agree with this, everything has a price.

Think-Harder wrote: Another thing that humans ARE and werewolves are not, is omnivores, NOT carnivores. IT would be very interesting to see a werewolf cub take a bite out of a fruit and munch it down, when they can't find any live animals to hunt, that's not to say they would NOT prefer the taste of meat to fruits and vegitable in their transformed state.
Actually, wolves love just about anything that isn’t sour. Real wolves eat apples, peaches, strawberries, watermelon, muskmelon, and just about any fruit. The distinction between being a carnivore and an omnivore is that carnivores get the majority of their nutrients from meat. That doesn’t mean they don’t eat any plant products.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Think-Harder wrote:Remember the quote "All our strengths, none of our weaknesses?"
Unfortunately, that came from a vampire movie and was speaking of a freak of nature among vampires at that. While sweating and chocolate might not be the most realistic of weaknesses, we do need to give werewolves some weaknesses, especially since a heavy emphasis is going to be on the fact that these are people that turn into werewolves.

If sweating is a problem, werewolves would probably have avoided places like Texas and Louisiana when the first lycanthropes immigrated to America some two hundred years ago (who would have been attracted by the promises of a 'land of tolerance' like so many other immigrants were). Assuming everyone they infected was also a Northerner, the lycanthropy syndrome wouldn't have ever been introduced to the Southern regions in the first place.
Even with modern-day implements like air conditioning, werewolves would still want to avoid the South as the people would be even more intolerable than the weather. To clarify, racism is much stronger in the South than in the North, so both the climate and the culture would be more appealing to a werewolf. Canada would be appealing because of it's cold climate and smaller population density, but if a werewolf (or this movie) had to stay in America, a werewolf would most likely choose to live in an unspoiled rural area like in Wyoming, an unpoliced (or to the werewolf, unoppressed) slum like Flint or somewhere else in Michigan, or an extremely liberal society like New England.
Right now I'm leaning towards New England, and not just because the climate is cool and the society is liberal. On top of all that, you have Salem MA, AKA: Halloween Town. Salem is essentially a culture built entirely around the concept of witchcraft, as well as other related phenomena like vampirism and (drum-roll) lycanthropy. In other words, it's where a werewolf would be most likely to find people tolerant of his/her condition.
And then, what the heck, a fifteen minute drive away from Salem is a town called Ipswich, which is the largest town in MA in terms of square miles but one of the smallest in terms of population, which could be the werewolf's preferred habitat. In fact, just to top things off, the only notable attraction in Ipswich is, of all things, a wolf sanctuary. :wink:

So, uh... Yeah, I rambled out one idea after another again. :oops: The point I was trying to make, anyway, was that if a werewolf had a problem with sweating, there wouldn't be any werewolves living somewhere where that would be a constant problem.
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

Treads Lightly wrote:
Think-Harder wrote: Remember the quote "All our strengths, none of our weaknesses?"
I really don’t agree with this, everything has a price.

Think-Harder wrote: Another thing that humans ARE and werewolves are not, is omnivores, NOT carnivores. IT would be very interesting to see a werewolf cub take a bite out of a fruit and munch it down, when they can't find any live animals to hunt, that's not to say they would NOT prefer the taste of meat to fruits and vegitable in their transformed state.
Actually, wolves love just about anything that isn’t sour. Real wolves eat apples, peaches, strawberries, watermelon, muskmelon, and just about any fruit. The distinction between being a carnivore and an omnivore is that carnivores get the majority of their nutrients from meat. That doesn’t mean they don’t eat any plant products.
Oops my bad, I stand corrected. :-) Still it would be nice to actually SEE that, for a change, instead of them munching down on human flesh.

And as to your "price" that would have to be the allergic reaction to silver when introduced to the bloodstream.
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

While animals can't process chocolate, they can have small amounts of it. It's based on body weight, and that werewolves have in spades.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Werewolves could in theory end up in a small town in the south, they'd probably avoid being active during the day though.

Simply put, Werewolves are useually in human form, and useually are going to live as humans, and humans cannot always help where they live. Plus, if they're living in secret the entire racism point is rather moot.

Besides, the idea that people are more intollerent in the south is an oversimplification of things. People in all regions have certain intollerences, why, even Minnesota, the furthest north State in the lower-48, has members of the KuKluxKlan in it's borders.

As for sweat, humans primarrily sweat undernieth the arm-pits and on the fore-head. Since werewolves are niether human or wolf, then it'd be fairly resonable to say that thier summer coats are strategically thinner in places prone to sweating.

Suspension of disbelief is perfectly fine to use in cases of little details like that. Especially considering that most people probably arn't experts on wolf fur, plus the situation probably isn't too likely to come up in the middle of a movie.

In the case of walky-talkies, you don't necceserilly need to talk to use them. What one can do is use morris code to communicate, it's a bit time consuming and takes time to learn but I seem to remember that some walky talkies allow you to do that.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Yes, racism is everywhere, but you also have to factor in what majority of the population is racist and to what extent in that society is racism tolerated. In Texas, for example, it wouldn't be uncommon to see someone beating his gums about "those damn n-----rs," whereas in a place like California or New England, the people they have the hardest time tolerating are ignorant racists.

Also, a werewolf would be concerned about how tolerant of others a society is (or at least tries to be), as keeping secrets in American society is extremely difficult, especially when it's something we can't change like in regards to our appearance. For example, try wearing a pink T jersey for a day, but try to keep everyone you encounter in a 24 hour period from knowing that's what color it is. You would have to wear a jacket all day to do that, and more often than not that would raise some questions. Maintaining a sense of secrecy as a werewolf would be even more difficult since most American cities are active 24/7. No werewolf would be able to live in the city for over a month without running into a few homeless people in mid-shift. A werewolf would therefore most likely count on being seen by the humans and will feel only capable of prolonging his detection for as long as possible. The person that discovers him might be intrigued and/or sympathetic to the werewolf like we would, or let loose a movie scream that would alert the whole neighborhood to his presence. Naturally, the werewolf would want the odds to favor the former as much as possible.

Also, I understand that few people have the freedom of choice concerning where they live. What I was thinking was that the first werewolves that came over to America some 100+ years ago would have had the choice of a warmer or colder climate, and therefore most of the people their lycanthropy would be passed down from would have been Northern-born as well and, if offered the chance to move further South, would always opt against it due to the reasons specified above. If both the climate and the culture were incentives not to go, the only reason I could see one going South would be if it was against their will (like if sent to Alcatraz or abducted by the circus, for example).

And could we please please stop talking about chocolate? It was introduced as a potential minute detail when it began -- enough already!
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

First off, I'm going to have to take issue with your characterization of the south and southerner. I have no personal stake in the matter, I just don't feel it to be a completly fair characterazation.

With that out of the way, here is my formal response.

Simply put, I don't feel that werewolves would avoid the south like the plague. I'll reiterate that most of the time they're human, so climate isn't the overwhelming factor here. Plus, not everybody shares your view of the south, our your politics. People come in all shapes, sizes, and temperments, it's very concievable that simply put, for poltical reasons or whatever, that werewolves moved to the south for some reason.

Who knows exactly why, maybe thats simply the direction the rest of thier family moved, or perhapes a werewolf from the north defected to south during the Civil war, who knows.

It doesn't really matter why, because simply put, it's a silly notion to assume that all werewolves would stay in one part of the country. Heriditry aside, Werewolfism is passed onto people in a virus like manner, and virii don't really care about cultural climate and politics.

It's a pretty darn simple scenerio, somebody from the south travels to a northern state to meet family or for a buisness trip, or whatever. During thier time there, they become infected, then the guy goes back to him home in the south, and bam, you've got a Werewolf living in the south.

If I allow myself, I think I can think of a dozen or so scenerio's as to why there would be a pack of werewolves in the south. I cannot think of any realistic scenerio to explain why there wouldn't.

However, I feel I've pushed the issue more then enough. Suffice to say, I don't wish to start a flame war, there-fore I'll simply opt to let it rest now.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Yea' gawd, I'm not trying to villainize the South! Yes, that was an unfair characterization of the South, but guess what? Regardless of what either sides of the country is really like, both sides have their own stereotypical viewpoints for the other; Southerners think of Northerners as being liberal pinko weiners and Northerners think of Southerners as being racist right-wing lunatics. Both of these stereotypes were enforced by humans, werewolves are humans, so it would only make sense for a werewolf to be regionally descriminant as well. Also, when you think about it, if just so much as one werewolf goes on the rampage, that would provoke a monster hunt that would get them all killed, so any werewolves that are still alive today would have survived by being selective in who they bite. That's how the virus would stay regional. The virus could spread to other regions, but for the most part, the only werewolves that would have survived all the witch hunts, red scares and overall lunacy that America has endured in its history would be close-knit packs that are choosy about who they infect, or the bite victims of werewolves that went wild.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Not necceserilly, werewolves spend most thier time in human form, so it's certainly very possible that werewolves can go thier entire lives without being discovered.

Infact, assuming that this worlds history mirrors our own fairly well, I would guess that they've done a pretty good job.

As for, being selective upon whom they infect. Well, I would guess that very few werewolves would intentially infect somebody else, maybe a couple mentally unstable werewolves would but I would assume that most people infected with werewolfism, would be infected accidentally or unknowingly.

Even if a werewolf did decide to infect another for company, the criteria would differ dramatically from werewolf to werewolf. After all, different people, different values.

Anyhow, I can see werewolves having a higher population in cooler locations, not dramatically but every once in awhile people do get to choose where they live.

Assuming that a certain werewolf holds its romps in high esteem, they'd probably choose somewhere that's cooler, and has a somewhat sparce population. However, if they don't hold thier romps in high esteem, and they believe thier time in human form is far more importtant, they'd probably choose a different criteria.

I cannot see many werewolves completly ignoring thier condition, but, well there are all sorts of different people.

Anyhow, my overarching point throughout these past through posts is that, mainly, not all werewolves are the same, they're as diverse as people are.

So with this in mind, I cannot see werewolves inherently limiting themselves to one part of the country.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Terastas wrote:Also, when you think about it, if just so much as one werewolf goes on the rampage, that would provoke a monster hunt that would get them all killed, so any werewolves that are still alive today would have survived by being selective in who they bite. That's how the virus would stay regional. The virus could spread to other regions, but for the most part, the only werewolves that would have survived all the witch hunts, red scares and overall lunacy that America has endured in its history would be close-knit packs that are choosy about who they infect, or the bite victims of werewolves that went wild.
This could be an explanation why the red wolf (the subspecies of timber wolf native to the southern US) is mostly, if not wholely extinct.
Sporty Fox
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Sporty Fox »

Canids stay cool by panting and radiating body heat thru thier ears, desert foxes and mexican wolves have larger ears than thier northern counter parts for just that reason. So maybe a southern werewolf would have the same features? They also handle heat very well, think for a moment, a cat is also covered in fur and yet will find the warmest place it can to lay down.
Wolves can and do ambush prey, and are very good at it. I've never taught my hybrids to hunt, yet they will instinctively hide behind an object ( a tree, a stump, thier house) and wait for something to come by. They will also pair up, where one will hide in ambush and the other will chase the victim (usually me or a squirrel) into the trap. They are very skilled thinkers, if you've only been around dogs than you're in for a shock the first time you play with a wolf. They learn to open doors, latches, kitchen cabnets, refridgerators, jars of food, I've even had my hybrids learn to remove the clevis pins from thier runners to get loose. And all with-out an opposable thumb! Grasping with your paws and using your teeth can do a lot more than most people think. They also learn how to turn lights on and off, turn on radios that have push buttons, one learned to pull the string on a action toy to make it run across the floor on his own. I would have no issue with werewolves having a high thought capacity WITHOUT having any human thought capabilities.
What could they not do- drive, fly, run advanced mechanical machinery, complex actions that require training,
Xodiac
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Xodiac »

Think-Harder wrote:Ok these are all valid points, but remember, that a werewolf is BOTH human and wolf.

Why? Why would, or should, a werewolf have none of the weaknesses? It makes no sense. Even if you take out the idea of silver and the moon, there would still be weaknesses and shortcomings. Otherwise it's not a story, it's wish fulfillment.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Sporty Fox wrote: Wolves can and do ambush prey, and are very good at it. I've never taught my hybrids to hunt, yet they will instinctively hide behind an object ( a tree, a stump, thier house) and wait for something to come by. They will also pair up, where one will hide in ambush and the other will chase the victim (usually me or a squirrel) into the trap. They are very skilled thinkers, if you've only been around dogs than you're in for a shock the first time you play with a wolf. They learn to open doors, latches, kitchen cabnets, refridgerators, jars of food, I've even had my hybrids learn to remove the clevis pins from thier runners to get loose. And all with-out an opposable thumb! Grasping with your paws and using your teeth can do a lot more than most people think. They also learn how to turn lights on and off, turn on radios that have push buttons, one learned to pull the string on a action toy to make it run across the floor on his own. I would have no issue with werewolves having a high thought capacity WITHOUT having any human thought capabilities.
What could they not do- drive, fly, run advanced mechanical machinery, complex actions that require training,
On the other hand, if the werewolves had no human-thought capabilities, how would the audience connect to them?
Xodiac wrote:
Think-Harder wrote:Ok these are all valid points, but remember, that a werewolf is BOTH human and wolf.

Why? Why would, or should, a werewolf have none of the weaknesses? It makes no sense. Even if you take out the idea of silver and the moon, there would still be weaknesses and shortcomings. Otherwise it's not a story, it's wish fulfillment.
I think he was talking about a werewolf's new-found ability to enjoy chocolate and ice cream.
Coyote
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Coyote »

My suggestion is that werewolves _not_ be "weaker" than humans.

The main reason (in my mind) not to go running around as a werewolf, in a body with "all the strengths and none of the weaknesses" of human and wolf would be that people seeing werewolves would freak out and probably send lots of bullets, torches, and pitchforks their way.

In other words, to me, the main reason for a werewolf going back to being human would be to fit in with the normal world... not because there's something their human body is better at.

As for sweaty werewolves... ick. : p

Coyote
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

No sweat

Post by Scott Gardener »

My werewolves sweat in human form but not in any form that has fur. Growing fur transforms the skin into one that doesn't have sweat glands. Granted, that's just my take, but my take I feel fits with extrapolated biology.

Overall, werewolves I would expect to be advantaged over humans, but I would think some trade-off happens, even if it's nothing more than the social stigma of being something weird that the human civilization must never discover. Still, I kind of tweaked my lycanthropes a bit--if they are left alone too long, on the order of months to years, they gradually become more and more feral as their humanity slips away. Makes for good role-playing.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Silver
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Silver »

HUMANS CAN DO THAT WOLVES CAN’T

Wolves can’t sweat. This can be an advantage or disadvantage. Personally, I’d like to say wws in wolf form couldn’t sweat either. The thought of stinky fur. Eeeewwwwwwwwwww. And no sweat means retention of a lot of heat without panting. Slobber isn’t classy or awe inspiring. If I were a ww, then I’d definitely move to a cool climate. My character came from Washington State but settled in New England.

Wolves could eat chocolate in small amounts, but they could never digest it. So it would stay in their systems til the right amount killed them. Wws? I would think that it and caffeine would be like strong liquor at least and high allergic reaction at worst, like anyflactic shock. So no chocolate or Dr. Pepper. Ahhh, paradise lost.

Wolves can’t get a suntan unless under extreme conditions. On the other hand, they can’t get a sunburn unless under extreme conditions.

Wolves can’t play bridge, be a cat burglar (well not if they have to pick locks), give you a decent haircut, or do the hussle. Bet they could make some righteous picks at the dog track, though.

Seriously, the biggest disadvantage would be the loss of opposing thumb. And sorry, but I don’t think a full canine ww would have one. That’s huge.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Wolves don't burst into tears when a loved one dies. :cry:

wolves have no funerals.

Wolves don't laugh at funny jokes. :lol:

Wolves are not ticklish. :lol:

Wolves don't have a confused look on thier face. They tilt thier head instead. :?

Wolves don't wink at each other. :wink:

wolves don't have a smerk on thier face. :|

wolves don't get embarassed.

Wolves don't pick thier nose. Nasty human habit!!

Wolves don't use tools.

wolves don't think before they act. Example: looking both ways before crossing the street.

Wolves can't read and write.

wolves can't draw

Wolves can't cook food.

Wolves don't have a practice of religion.

wolves don't have a government.

wolves don't vote

Wolves don't farm or ranch other animals.

Wolves don't plan for retirement.

Wolves don't take a vacation.

wolves don't use body decoration.

wolves don't decorate thier home.

wolves don't study.

wolves don't use mathematical calculations.

wolves don't keep track of time.

wolves don't look beyond the stars.

wolves don't engage in commerce.

wolves don't have a fashion design.

wolves have no mode of transportation. (yes, they walk. But seen them on the bus? train? car? plane?)

wolves have no use of stored power.

wolves can't invent things.

wolves don't go shopping.

wolves can't build a fire.

wolves can't go sailing.

wolves has no practice of medicine and veterinary medicine.

Wolves can't avoid or inhibit the spread of natural diseases.

wolves don't use artificial light.

wolves don't play musical instruments.

wolves can't whistle.

wolves don't smoke

wolves don't drink alcohol

wolves don't distill alcohol

wolves don't cuss

wolves don't "wish"

wolves have no worries

wolves have no bills

wolves have no pets.

wolves don't pretend to be other life forms.

Wolves have no storytelling.

Wolves don't role play.

wolves don't watch films.

Shall I go on?
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

Figarou wrote: Wolves don't pick thier nose. Nasty human habit!!
Ah, but they can lick certain places where most humans can't reach. Imagine being able to lick your...uh...nose.