Humans who can run on four legs??

The place for anything at all...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Humans who can run on four legs??

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Someone mentioned before in some movie thread here that humans can only run on all fours while on their knees, in the werewolf suit...this isn't true, because when I was about ten and younger, I used to pretend I was a shapeshifter or an animal of some sort, and I ran fast on all fours, my hands and feet (toes). I became very fast, perhaps faster than on two (Lets face it, skinny as I looked I was not a fast runner on two legs but I could out speed walk anyone). I could also leap over pretty high things. But don't try it because I think it can cause back problems...I wasn't the only one to accomplish this, my best mate did also. Also the wolf on Buffy, Oz, I think that one was a guy (Seth Green?) running in that way and they trained humans to run this way on Planet of the Apes. I found this extremely facinating because I found it easy enough to do alone without any sort of help! Maybe because they were adults and I was not? I was a really skinny small child though that might have helped. They managed to get them to really speed up, though with some help I think from conveyer belts I can't remember. It helps to curl your fingers in like paws but this can result in arthritis or life long habits, which I only just grew out of a few years ago.

Also, I am a girl despite my username...and someone had the topic of breasts being cumbersome for a female werewolf and they're dead correct because I found it very difficult...ahem...to run once I hit puberty...like that...I think thus 'animal' games lead into more violent swordfighting fantasy type games and shapeshifting was more pretended if our characters could shift (Running on fours became a little limited I guess. These games being the sort we used to play in the yard and shapeshifting or being half animal or anthro always came into it...we were wild children...computers and video games never came into our lifestyle until we got much older) :lol: However I think people must have thought us odd for playing such games even when I turned 15 which is when we stopped, the yard got too small...but ours were violent and realistic...we would become wolves and wrestle, and my mate almost killed me by throttling me as if she had my neck in her jaws. We had to improvise using our arms of course. Did anybody play these sorts of games when they were young? Come on surely you wanted to be a werewolf, or an animal, or a fantasy shapeshifter and swordsman/woman, or a dragon, or a bird of prey in flight...surely you all want to be a werewolf now hehehe!

A note to think about though: Humans on all fours can be very fast. But they are not graceful. Our backs arch up far too much, due to our legs being so much longer than our arms, and it hurts your head, you have to look mostly down, trying to run I remember looking up can be a bit of a strain. You have to run on the toes mostly, and it's easier to curl the fingers. You want to give it a try go ahead but I can't guaruntee it'll be much fun anymore... :cry:

By the way I'm quite new here, think I posted somewhere else, very impressed, a friend, a werewolf artist, showed me the forum and I cannot wait for this movie! The lack of tails has always angered me I didn't know anyone thought the same.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

i run on all fours all the time, not on my knees though... i do it the hard way :lol:
DarkWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Go My Tediz Go To Ze Trenchez

Post by DarkWolf »

:D Its fun
Last edited by DarkWolf on Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

:lol: welcome to my life :lol:
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

I can run real fast upstairs, and not as fast on level ground, where I have to think about it more than regular two-legged walking.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Lupin wrote:I can run real fast upstairs, and not as fast on level ground, where I have to think about it more than regular two-legged walking.
Same here. :D I can run on four legs if I tried, might take a few attempts though, seeing how clusmy I am.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I was watching Ripley's Believe it or not
and I don't know if this has to do with the subject,
But there was this guy who had a rare desease were his legs were facing the other way or something, but he was forced to walk on all fours.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

When I'm alone and no one sees me I sometimes try all fours, once you get the way to move it becomes easeir, but usaully I do that with stairs when going upwards.

Otherwise beastofoblivion had asked people in her journal whwther they had ever ran on all fours or not and then added a video of her doing it.

Heres the journal link; http://beastofoblivion.deviantart.com/journal/5764920/
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

I've replied to similiar threads, so here's another reply...

yes, I can "run" on all fours (mainly canter, walk is easy, trot is almost undoable unless i'm going up stairs).

I have been doing this since I was a little kid, but I never had much room to experiment with. Now that I rent a house and my room is much bigger, I can go back and forth w/out any trouble at all.

oh... to sorta add something to this conversation -- sometimes in movies where a person is in an animal suit (of any kind) what happens is that they give them arm extensions. This makes it much easier to go on all fours.

~Snowy
"Valve Radio," the debut cd from Nicole De Fino, is now available for purchase through cdbaby.com: http://www.cdbaby.com/nicoledefino

"There is no 'I' in 'team', there are two in "idiot" though..."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:I can run real fast upstairs, and not as fast on level ground, where I have to think about it more than regular two-legged walking.
Stairs are in an angle. Thats why its easier compared to a level ground.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Did anybody play these sorts of games when they were young? Come on surely you wanted to be a werewolf, or an animal, or a fantasy shapeshifter and swordsman/woman, or a dragon, or a bird of prey in flight...surely you all want to be a werewolf now hehehe!
I think just about everyone has done this, just some of us, inculding me, just did it excessively.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

outwarddoodles wrote:
Did anybody play these sorts of games when they were young? Come on surely you wanted to be a werewolf, or an animal, or a fantasy shapeshifter and swordsman/woman, or a dragon, or a bird of prey in flight...surely you all want to be a werewolf now hehehe!
I think just about everyone has done this, just some of us, inculding me, just did it excessively.
i when i was nine or something my friends play fight as their faverite super hero, power ranger :roll: and guess who was the werewolf :)
THE GAME

My Armory
DarkWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DarkWolf »

People were afraid of me :( I growled all the time,they didnt like it,... Mommy wonna be a werewolf i asked her,She said No,Now bugga off u little twat,then i crawl into a dark corner and cry :( Or was that in my dream :? Anyhow i felt depressed :(
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Wow! Haha I'm not the only freak here. I still have habits from playing those animal games. And I'm nearly 18. I growl, and I scent things before I eat them...such unladylike behaviour but I refrain from doing this in public. And yes I still run on all fours up the stairs it is easier to climb them on all fours because I'm pure and simple a lazy person hehe. I also growl at my dog but he's more dominant than me, unfortunately. He only really listens to my parents. [No I'm still living with my family pack I haven't set out on my own yet hehe].

I really wish I was a werewolf, but the cool kind ya know like Freeborn and stuff. I always like to write stories about them, but I usually fail because I get bored of writing the boring plot lines. I think I was born more to be a musician and to write stories and music and movies in my head...which poses another question who does this? You write full on movies in your head? With music, camera angles, voices, even subtitles? Mine usually have shapeshifting or some sort of cool fantastical creatures. Some people can't picture stuff in their head is that true? I doubt that'd be any of you if you're all into werewolves!

And yeah I've seen the person before on TV with the backward legs or something he is hell cool! Im gonna watch the film of the girl now. Thanks lck That wolf looks more hungry...hmm.

-Edit-

Yup that was similar to how I ran I suppose cept I probably had a fake tail, I still have one of sheep wool...very realistic but more of a snowleopard tail. It's too long to be a wolf one. Ohhh Halloween...ANY excuse to become a werewolf on Halloween!!!!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
DarkWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DarkWolf »

UR A GIRL? Sorry Didnt read further beyond "unladylike behaviour " :D
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Stairs are in an angle. Thats why its easier compared to a level ground.
Yeah, I also have a lot more practice at it too. Doing it on a flat surface its a bit different.
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Wow! Haha I'm not the only freak here. I still have habits from playing those animal games. And I'm nearly 18. I growl, and I scent things before I eat them...such unladylike behaviour but I refrain from doing this in public. And yes I still run on all fours up the stairs it is easier to climb them on all fours because I'm pure and simple a lazy person hehe. I also growl at my dog but he's more dominant than me, unfortunately. He only really listens to my parents. [No I'm still living with my family pack I haven't set out on my own yet hehe].
Heh, same here. Though being a kittycat at heart I growl at my dog because when I was little I used to hang out with just dogs all the time, so I really got to know them.
:D
Yup that was similar to how I ran I suppose cept I probably had a fake tail, I still have one of sheep wool...very realistic but more of a snowleopard tail. It's too long to be a wolf one
I wish I had a fake tail, but my parents would probaly think I'm weird when I wear it.
Ohhh Halloween...ANY excuse to become a werewolf on Halloween!!!!
Gawd, I love Halloween. Its the greatest, and also gives me the excuse for my love for customing, and ofcource my want to be in a werewolf custome. Unluckily I had never been a werewolf for halloween, I should probaly order a cheap mask and wear it this year for some fun. Geesh...its like only 4 months away!
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

Kirk Hammett wrote: I think I was born more to be a musician and to write stories and music and movies in my head...which poses another question who does this? You write full on movies in your head? With music, camera angles, voices, even subtitles? Mine usually have shapeshifting or some sort of cool fantastical creatures. Some people can't picture stuff in their head is that true? I doubt that'd be any of you if you're all into werewolves!
Yup. That's true. Though usually only when I'm thinking of writing a story or working on my comic. Lessee... I have two different stories currently that have main characters that are shapeshifters. One's a comic and the other one used to be a comic, but now I've changed it to a story format (haven't started on writing it though.)
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Hehehe I love comic books! And I love to read too! Which reminds me I got Robin Hobb's new novel and need to email her to say I got it.

Yeah I'm a she despite the username that's just my nickname because putting my guitar down is really hard. I'm like glued to it... 8)

And yes I wish I had a REAL tail...though I'd probably suit a sleeker leopard like tail, but a dark brown one. Or black even my hair is quite dark.

For Halloween, I never used a mask. The first year I did it, I glued fur to my face. That hurt trying to get it off despite the glue being for that purpose it was rubbish. I had a tail and some fur on my hands too and probably ears. Now I think I just have a tail and some sort of nice clothes more like an anthro, and a pair of ears. Never again will I clog the shower drains with fake fur!! Masks are good if they LOOK like wolves but we being in Australia we have the worst selection of Halloween stuff you have to go to a good store and even then, I might have to order from America. I just like any excuse to wear my fake tail! I have black elastic for it so its invisible on the black pants and so it looks like its coming out of the right place. Instead of cutting a hole in your pants. I'd like to make it a bit more realistic...it looks real but it just hangs. Like wire in it.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

I really want to get a wolf mask. I could order it online with my money if my parents allow me too. But I could also wait untill Octuber when my beleoved 'Halloween Express' comes to town (and the prson who dances outside with the sign in a Scooby-doo Costume!) and see if they have any masks, it would be much easeir. I do beleive I saw a wolf one last year but though I adored it I didn't ask to get it.
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

if you're ever in a forest ,try runnign half- way to all fours, using your feet mostly but using hands to help move ans much as you can with a sort of arched back. you wouldn't believe how fast you can go.
DarkWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DarkWolf »

I Go faster on all fours,but my a** looks up then :D
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Hmm I just noticed that when I walk on all fours I have a diagonal gait :coolshift:
outwarddoodles

Post by outwarddoodles »

Lupin wrote:Hmm I just noticed that when I walk on all fours I have a diagonal gait :coolshift:
You have a diagonal gait even when your walking upright on two legs. Just watch how your arms swing as such.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Enjoy running on all fours while you can. Once back problems settles in, it'll prevent you from doing it. :(