FRAUD

General convention type stuff.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

FRAUD

Post by ABrownrigg »

Well it's official folks. I have been a victim of Identity Theft, and Credit card Fraud. I went to pay for my tickets tonight on my 'brand new credit card' only to find it is already maxed out... It's getting fixed tomorrow.. So I will not be at AC until saturday morning.

I am deeply sorry, and If I find the sorry soul that did this. I'm gonna rip him up and serve him to you guys.. duckie or no duckie.

A Ticked off A. Brownrigg
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: FRAUD

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:Well it's official folks. I have been a victim of Identity Theft, and Credit card Fraud. I went to pay for my tickets tonight on my 'brand new credit card' only to find it is already maxed out... It's getting fixed tomorrow.. So I will not be at AC until saturday morning.

I am deeply sorry, and If I find the sorry soul that did this. I'm gonna rip him up and serve him to you guys.. duckie or no duckie.

A Ticked off A. Brownrigg

Let me at this guy!! I'll rip him up until nothing is left!! :x

I was a victim myself. He hacked into my WebTV account and took my credit card information. Then he opened a PayPal account under my name and paid himself using the credit card info he took. That was the day I wished I became a real werewolf so I can rip him to shreds.

I was glad I got my money back.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

:o noone rips off A. Brownwigg and gets away with it. I iwsh i can get a manhunt started and then were gonna torure him until he begs us to rip him apart. :x
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

That sucks, I hope you get everything sorted out with the credit card comapny.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:That sucks, I hope you get everything sorted out with the credit card comapny.
He should. The problem is that it takes time. The credit card company has to look into this matter.

How the thief managed to get Mr. Brownrigg's credit card info is the mystery. The thief either hacked into the account, or someone out there gave him the info by mistake when he claimed to be A. Brownrigg.

1st, Mr. Brownrigg needs to change the credit card account # A.S.A.P. Also, Mr. Brownrigg needs to find out how and where the credit card was used. If the thief paid himself through PayPal, then its possible Mr. Brownrigg has 2 PayPal accounts. (Thats if A. Brownrigg has one himself.) The credit card company will have a listing of purchases made with that card.
Last edited by Figarou on Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

This is part of the reason I don't want credit cards. I'd rather have all my money in a box under my bed, at least then I'd know it's safe. Unfortunately you can't buy anything you need without a credit card.

And if you find the guy, I'll bring the hot sauce.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:1st, Mr. Brownrigg needs to change the credit card account # A.S.A.P. Also, Mr. Brownrigg needs to find out how and where the credit card was used. If the thief paid himself through PayPal, then its possible Mr. Brownrigg has 2 PayPal accounts. (Thats if A. Brownrigg has one himself.) The credit card company will have a listing of purchases made with that card.
I just thought of this, should also get a copy of his credit report, just in case the theif had and other information, and decided to open up other accounts under his name.
Reilune wrote:This is part of the reason I don't want credit cards. I'd rather have all my money in a box under my bed, at least then I'd know it's safe. Unfortunately you can't buy anything you need without a credit card.
I'd rather have my mone in the bank, where it earns interest and is insured, unlike my bed, where the cat might get to it.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:1st, Mr. Brownrigg needs to change the credit card account # A.S.A.P. Also, Mr. Brownrigg needs to find out how and where the credit card was used. If the thief paid himself through PayPal, then its possible Mr. Brownrigg has 2 PayPal accounts. (Thats if A. Brownrigg has one himself.) The credit card company will have a listing of purchases made with that card.
I just thought of this, should also get a copy of his credit report, just in case the theif had and other information, and decided to open up other accounts under his name.
Yup...thats another thing that needs to be done.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Both the occurrence and the timing are truly unfortunate.

A couple quarters ago, someone broke into my math professor's house and stole his checks, his car and some other things. He got the car back, but he had nothing but trouble with the checks being spent. Every day he was talking to the police and his bank, and I don't think the matter was resolved even by the end of the quarter. It was a really frustrating experience for both him and the students.

Identity theft sucks.

-- Vilkacis
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Lupin wrote:I'd rather have my mone in the bank, where it earns interest and is insured, unlike my bed, where the cat might get to it.
Better the cat than a bank that loses all of its money. I know what happened in the great depression. People started withdrawing all of their money from the bank, but since the bank doesn't actually have all that in cash people couldn't get their money. Banks loan other people the bills while all you have is a number. No bank keeps enough money to give out if everyone withdrew all that they had put in the bank.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

That REALLY sucks! :(
I hope they catch the little peice of s*** :evil: Release the pack of ravenous werewolves on the guy(aka-us) :x :x :x

Well, I hope everything works out alright for you. Hope you can make it to AC soon :)
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Reilune wrote:
Lupin wrote:I'd rather have my mone in the bank, where it earns interest and is insured, unlike my bed, where the cat might get to it.
Better the cat than a bank that loses all of its money. I know what happened in the great depression. People started withdrawing all of their money from the bank, but since the bank doesn't actually have all that in cash people couldn't get their money. Banks loan other people the bills while all you have is a number. No bank keeps enough money to give out if everyone withdrew all that they had put in the bank.
I'm aware of all of that. The problem back then was that after the run on the bank, the bank would become insolvent and everyone else who had money in the bank was SOL. That isn't the case anymore. Besides, cash is just little pieces of paper. It has no value other than the fact that people are willing to give me things/do stuff for me once I hand it to them.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

The easiest way for identity theft is someone stealing your mail.

Sometimes the credit card company will send out checks that you can use instead of the credit card. Those checks needs to be safe guarded. If you don't like recieving them, ask your credit card company not to send you any.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:Sometimes the credit card company will send out checks that you can use instead of the credit card.
Oh man, I get those all of the time. Usually they're ripped up before I even get back into the house.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'd like the thief to wake up in the middle of the night, noticing movements in the room, and growling. He turns on the lamp on his night stand and finds a room filled with creatures, part human and part animal. And, that's the last thing he sees other than his own blood and entrails.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

ABrownrigg wrote:If I find the sorry soul that did this. I'm gonna rip him up and serve him to you guys.. duckie or no duckie.
Figarou wrote:Let me at this guy!! I'll rip him up until nothing is left!! :x
Shadow Wulf wrote:I iwsh i can get a manhunt started and then were gonna torure him until he begs us to rip him apart. :x
Silverclaw wrote:I hope they catch the little peice of s*** :evil: Release the pack of ravenous werewolves on the guy(aka-us) :x :x :x
Scott Gardener wrote:I'd like the thief to wake up in the middle of the night, noticing movements in the room, and growling. He turns on the lamp on his night stand and finds a room filled with creatures, part human and part animal. And, that's the last thing he sees other than his own blood and entrails.
Identity theft is just a pothole in the road of life, although quite annoying and possibly damaging, but death is ever so permanent. I'm sure you are all acting in the heat of the moment, but these things you are saying should not be suggested lightly.

-- Vilkacis
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Of course they're suggested lightly. I havent it in my heart to kill anyone.. To be honsest, its a pain in the rear, but life goes on.

Someone wants money, like always and decide to steal to get it, fortunately, my card is insured, and I won't have to eat the cost.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote: Identity theft is just a pothole in the road of life, although quite annoying and possibly damaging, but death is ever so permanent. I'm sure you are all acting in the heat of the moment, but these things you are saying should not be suggested lightly.

-- Vilkacis

You should know people don't always mean what they say. When I had my credit card maxed out by a thief, I wished I could kill that person for doing that. But I never actually gone out and did it.

Ok lets say you went home and found it to be burglerized. Everything you have is gone. Nothing left. Your prized items are irreplaceable. You might have the same thoughts as we did.
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

I understand that, and I don't believe any of us would do those things. I was just pointing out that those things being said weren't really appropriate, even if spoken thoughtlessly and without intent. This world takes too many things too literally.

-- Vilkacis
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vilkacis wrote:I understand that, and I don't believe any of us would do those things. I was just pointing out that those things being said weren't really appropriate, even if spoken thoughtlessly and without intent. This world takes too many things too literally.

-- Vilkacis
The world will be a better place if we all lived in peace.

No crimes, theft, ETC.

But that will never happen.

As Bowen said in Dragonheart.....

I no longer try to change the world, dragon. I just try to make my way in it.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I dont know bout the rest of you, but expressing anger makes me feel better. Get pissed off and say things instead of keeping it inside and act your anger out in rl :wink:
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Well, that sucks. Hope everything gets all sorted out and the theif gets whats coming to him. :evil:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

May the thief and his bloodline be forever cursed with erectile dysfunction and male-pattern baldness.
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that AB. Good luck on getting it fixed...
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Arania
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Arania »

YEesh, that's horrible, Abrownrigg!

I've always heard of it happening, but never to anyone I really knew. I hope that you were able to get everything straightened out that you needed to - and they cought whomever did it!!