WAR OF THE WORLD

Talk about movies, and whatnot, upcoming flicks, and current releases.
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

WolvenOne wrote:
Howling Fan wrote:
Scott Gardener wrote:Who the crap would take little kids to go see War of the Worlds? It's PG-13, meaning it could be a bit much for someone young enough to need daycare or to bring a squirt gun to the theater and fidget with it randomly.
That's nothing. I've seen 8-year-olds at "R"-rated movies. People don't care here on the Island.
As a conservative Mormon, the concept of taking an 8 year old to at R-rated film is not only near-unfathomable to me but also repugnent. No wonder the nations youth is so screwed up so often.
You'll be talking about me than, if the movie I have in mind is rater-R. I'm not sure. Heck, I was so young that I don't even remember the title of the movie. Only the fact that it had this one really creepy guy who I think was supposed to be the devil. :?
WereDog
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Hell-hound From outer regions of pluto

Post by WereDog »

i dont believe that violence in movies effects people alot, i watched the thing when i was 9 years old, it scared the crap out off me but it havnt affected anything.

btw the us rating system is crap, they have nothing between 13 and 18, i mean if youre 15 and dont want to watch those damn pg13 kids movies, then what? youll have to go to europe to see good movies with a 15year limit.

also i liked war of the worlds alot.
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

The scary movie thing must be common because I saw It when I was five, yes the Stephen King Version of Bozo, scared for life now. My parents raised me on horror movies, you name it I've seen it unless its foreign.

And what the point of naging on something stupid like a country's rating system, there is no point. So what if you can't see a certain movie because your not 17 (not 18 you should check your info) we may not be able to see it but at least we can drive when we're 16. :lol:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

whem I was in kindargeden, i use to watch Terminator 2 almost every day when I came home from school, and I havent gain any more violent. I dont think the voilence in video games and t.v. realy effects kids if the parents knows how to raise them. Most of what Ive seen on the news where kids try to be all matrix and GTA, If you see there parents, its no wonder why they have video games as there role model instead.
Last edited by Shadow Wulf on Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

Shadow Wulf wrote:whem I was in kindargeden, i use to watch Terminator 2 almost every day when I came home from school, and I havent gain any more violent. I dont think the voilence in video games and t.v. realy effects kids if the parents knows how to raise them. Most of what Ive seen on the news where kids try to be all matrix and GTA, If you see there parents, its no wonder they video games as there role model instead.
exacly, the parents are the real problem, and I hate it when somebody blames violence on a video game

I have played video games since I was 5 and im one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, all video games can do to you really is raise your reflexes and raise your aim, thats about it
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

:o A canadian talking about violence, my universe just went down the toilet :lol:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

WereDog wrote:i dont believe that violence in movies effects people alot, i watched the thing when i was 9 years old, it scared the crap out off me but it havnt affected anything.
oh...its has affected some kids.

The old cartoons had the characters point a gun at thier head and shoot themselves.

The cartoon character says..."Now I seen everything!" *Bang*

To an adult...its funny. But if a very young child sees that cartoon then gets a hold of a real gun.......

Thats why there is a rating in place today. So young children won't see stuff like that. Also the old cartoons has been edited to where you see them shoot themselves in the head.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Edited cartoons? You're joking right? The only "cartoons" this country edits are anime, which weren't meant for the audeinces they try to sell it to. Yu-Gi-Oh!, for example, is horribly edited and they try to sell it to kids when it was originally meant for older teenagers. However they still show Tom & Jerry to anyone who will watch it and you would be hard pressed to find a cartoon more violent.

As for ratings, no one pays attention to them. People still took their kids to see movies like Sleepy Hollow and Batman Begins because they stupidly thought that "it was for kids".

...What was this topic about again? Oh right. War Of The Worlds. Haven't seen it.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Reilune wrote:Edited cartoons? You're joking right? The only "cartoons" this country edits are anime, which weren't meant for the audeinces they try to sell it to. Yu-Gi-Oh!, for example, is horribly edited and they try to sell it to kids when it was originally meant for older teenagers. However they still show Tom & Jerry to anyone who will watch it and you would be hard pressed to find a cartoon more violent.

As for ratings, no one pays attention to them. People still took their kids to see movies like Sleepy Hollow and Batman Begins because they stupidly thought that "it was for kids".

...What was this topic about again? Oh right. War Of The Worlds. Haven't seen it.

I'm talking about the old Bugs Bunny cartoons from the 1930s and 1940s.

They had characters that shot themselves in the head. They either don't air that cartoon or they edit that scene out.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Reilune wrote:Edited cartoons? You're joking right?
No he isn't. They have actually edited Looney Tunes shorts to be more politically correct.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Figarou wrote:I'm talking about the old Bugs Bunny cartoons from the 1930s and 1940s.

They had characters that shot themselves in the head. They either don't air that cartoon or they edit that scene out.
They've also edited a couple of cartoons where the characters appear in blackface and whatnot.
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Oh. Well you learn something new every day I suppose.

Still haven't seen War Of The Worlds. :P
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Lupin wrote:
Figarou wrote:I'm talking about the old Bugs Bunny cartoons from the 1930s and 1940s.

They've also edited a couple of cartoons where the characters appear in blackface and whatnot.

yup...they did that with some of the old Tom and Jerry/MGM cartoons.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Reilune wrote:Oh. Well you learn something new every day I suppose.

Me neither. I'll just wait for the DVD.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Reilune wrote:
I havn't seen it either. I'm waiting for the DVD. :D
Miguel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Keep it Copacetic!
Mood: Happy

Support

Post by Miguel »

I support Wolvenone completely. When he was talking about the movie I agreed with every remark. What...when you see a robot come out of the ground...sure lets all just stand there. Mabe Osama Bin Ladin will get out. Come on use common sense.
Great job Wolvenone I support you. Other than that it was a pretty good movie
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Howling Fan wrote:Maybe my message confused people, but I was referring to the annoying kids in the actual movie, not the movie theater, though I've been to many showings when the kids in the audience ruined it. A group of young teens during a showing of "The Village" were kicked out; they were so loud, you couldn't hear the movie at all. And when I was a kid and saw "Lady in the Tramp," after the old dog is run over by the car at the end, a kid screamed, "He's not dead!" Apparently, he saw the movie before.

heh. This reminds me of something. One of my friends went and saw The Sixth Sense, and then went and saw it again. In the beginning of the movie he stood up and shouted [spoiler]"Bruce Willis is dead the entire movie!!!!!!!!"[/spoiler]. Hilarious. :lol: (except for the poor chaps in the audience.)
Doruk Golcu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Doruk Golcu »

Heh, a friend of friends of mine (say that three times fast) did that to them... The police is still looking for his corpse :roll:

Not seen War of the Worlds.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

DVD release date

Nov. 22, 2005
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Figarou wrote:DVD release date

Nov. 22, 2005
And it was worth seeing it in theaters instead of that brother grimms :evil:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

You haven't seen it yet have you Fig? :P

-Satyricon
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Fenrir wrote:You haven't seen it yet have you Fig? :P

nope
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lupin »

Shadow Wulf wrote:And it was worth seeing it in theaters instead of that brother grimms :evil:
You didn't even see it. :P
Akela
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Glimmerwaik

Post by Akela »

Figarou wrote:
Reilune wrote:Edited cartoons? You're joking right? The only "cartoons" this country edits are anime, which weren't meant for the audeinces they try to sell it to. Yu-Gi-Oh!, for example, is horribly edited and they try to sell it to kids when it was originally meant for older teenagers. However they still show Tom & Jerry to anyone who will watch it and you would be hard pressed to find a cartoon more violent.

I'm talking about the old Bugs Bunny cartoons from the 1930s and 1940s.

Hitler watched too many american cartoons.......
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Lupin wrote:
Shadow Wulf wrote:And it was worth seeing it in theaters instead of that brother grimms :evil:
You didn't even see it. :P
Brother Grimm? Nah I knew it was only worth wacthing as a DVD rental.
Image Image