Languages of the Old

The place for anything at all...
WereDragon25
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The lovestruck wolf.
Location: Conway, AR. Such a big town for such a small wolf...

Languages of the Old

Post by WereDragon25 »

hey, I have been naming my dragons, except for my first, in old scandinavian and old norse, I have trouble finding these languages, since my computer doesn't have Flash, Java, or almost ANY programs like that. My computer is also WAY too old to download these things. I wanted to know if anyone has a link to a site with a translator or something that I can pick words that I want off. Like an old dictionary. :lol: I made a new topic, because... well, I'm pretty sure that no one has made a topic like this, yet. If there are no links, can anyone with some free time, like copy and paste the "dictionary" on here? Or pm it to me. If I can find any of these translations, and it isn't posted on here, ask any name you want, and I will try to get them PMed to you. If I get it.

Right now I'm looking for "Smoke-Circle" (or anything like that), "Silverback", and "Storm-of-Ages." Anyone know these, or have a link to a translator without Java? I would prefer the translator, so I don't have to ask someone constantly.
Going crazy with all of the work I do, all of the practice I do, and all of the $@#% I have to deal with. God, please help and support Obsidian and I get through this mess.
Image Image Image Image Image

"And, thanks to Undercover Brother, the world was once again a funky place."
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Re: Languages of the Old

Post by Wingman »

Well, the only old language dictionary that I have on hand is this Sumerian one.

Can't really help with the other languages.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Use Google to find one of the translator bots available on-line. They usually only have a few languages in them, but they get the words mostly right, I'm told.
Couldn't you just use English?
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

RedEye wrote:Use Google to find one of the translator bots available on-line. They usually only have a few languages in them, but they get the words mostly right, I'm told.
Couldn't you just use English?
*nods* The good online translators will usually expect you to pay for them, but you can usually find some free ones that will be decent for just one-word translations. Since they're supposed to be names, they don't actually have to match the literal translations.