Feedback of vid's

The place for anything at all...
akujiwolf

Feedback of vid's

Post by akujiwolf »

Ok, so Anthony, the Director, finally posted the video's. We will be having more video's from several of the people involved in this project. If I didn't have such a lo-res piece of crap camera I'd probably post one too.... sorry. :? Anyways, everyone feel free to post comment's about the video, the paw and what-not. We wanna know! 8)
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
Treads Lightly
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Treads Lightly »

The paw looks really good. I want to see it furred! :)

You mentioned that that was for a bipedal stance; I assume that this is a forpaw.

I would also assume that the pad configuration of the hind paws would be closer to that of a real wolf, as they would be standing on them all of the time whether bipedal or quadpedal.

Awesome update, Thanks!
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

I love it...
Though, perhaps the claws could be a bit longer?
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

Perfect. I don't know if there is any difference between male and female hands, other than size perhaps, but you should take that into consideration. Maybe for the female the paws could be "slightly" slender. Great paw by the way.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

I mentioned this elsewhere, but I thought I'd put my thoughts down here as well.

The paws darn good, though I keep looking at that thumb and think that it must be too short or something. I'm not sure though, sometimes it looks too short to really be useable, and other times it looks fine. Maybe it just seems short because the finger tips are longer then I'm used to..... well, it's a thought at least.

The claws look, about right, they're a little longer then I expected but, once the paw is covered in fur they shouldn't stand out as much.

So, they're very good, but of course this isn't the final project, as far as I can tell. If the effects guys think they can improve on the design somehow, and if it doesn't consume too many resources or whatnot, then I would assume to turn them loose.

That's the directors choice, of course.
Lasthowl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lasthowl »

Bit early to tell. Nice to get some feedback though.

Are they sculpting to use as reference for the CGI, or are there going to be some prosthetics as well?
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

Judgeing based on what I heard someone say elsewhere about what this FX company has handeled before, I'd say CG with some prostetics, but I'm not sure.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Thank you for your comments. And now I can answer some direct questions.

1. Yes, that particular paw is planned on being a prosthetic, as well as used in any CGI shots we might use. Again, the use of CGI is up in the air as we get testing done. The makeup or CGI issue is one that is based entirely on what looks the most real, and that may depend on not only the quality, but shot angles, lighting, and weather or not its in a transformation sequence or not. I do plan on using a lot of prosthetics for the tf sequence.

2. The thumb.. hmmm.. too short? hmmm, I can see how that might look that way. Oddly enough the test on this is used on a cast of MY hand. The fingertips are actually the length of my fingers, no longer. Now the fingers 'are' thicker, due to necessity of being able to drop to all fours if need be. Thinner fingers just look too flimsy to me on a creature like this. Not to mention to support healthy claws, there would need to be a more stocky structure to the forepaw in general. A foot test is being constructed this week, I'll put that up when I think its ready.

3. Claw length, hmmm.. I like the length. One thing that *I* don't like on many werewolf films is the decision that longer wickeder claws makes for a scarier beast. I just don't feel thats the case. Its not the claws, or the appearance that can be frightening, (well maybe some), but its the atttitude. If anyone looked down the road and saw a real wolf standing there just looking at them. There's a curiosity as well as nervousness. "Is it going to attack me? is it looking for food? Is it friendly?" .. I like the not knowing. And making a wolf that now stands on two legs and looks at you like that, really can make your heart thump a bit. The expression of the creature is key in all this. If something looks at you and snarls, you know to run immediately. But if its not snarling? if its just looking at you, expressionless? maybe just sniffing the air? Now you don't know weather to run or say hi. It puts the results of what happens next in the werewolves court instead of the humans... And THAT is where I want to be.

Anthony Brownrigg
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

Hmm,.... I never saw it that way regarding the paw structure, works for me.
TakeWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The big one-one

Post by TakeWalker »

I'm a tad late, but I will mention that I noticed the pads almost immediately upon seeing the paw. Somehow, they stood out as something quite well done, a good detail.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

ABrownrigg wrote:
snip snip

If anyone looked down the road and saw a real wolf standing there just looking at them. There's a curiosity as well as nervousness. "Is it going to attack me? is it looking for food? Is it friendly?" .. I like the not knowing. And making a wolf that now stands on two legs and looks at you like that, really can make your heart thump a bit. The expression of the creature is key in all this. If something looks at you and snarls, you know to run immediately. But if its not snarling? if its just looking at you, expressionless? maybe just sniffing the air? Now you don't know weather to run or say hi. It puts the results of what happens next in the werewolves court instead of the humans... And THAT is where I want to be.

Anthony Brownrigg

I'm totally with that. There is no sence making the werewolf extremely ugly with crooked bloody fangs, long misshapened claws, and fur missing in certain spots on the body.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

The thumb is probably just my eyes playing tricks on me. That can easily happen, especially with modestly sized quicktime videos.

Actually, after looking at my own hand for a little while and comparing it to the film it looks about right.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I really like the paw/hand. It looks good, very real. I cant wait to see the finished product. It will look great with fur on it 8)
Werewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Werewolf »

I like the paw a lot, very nice work there ^..^

Now that is how the werewolf paws should look to me, not like the ones that have skinny fingers and long nails, they look so aweful :x

I can't wait to see what it looks like finished though, now if only I could find a nice pair of paws like that so that I could buy them... most of the ones they have are like the others I mentioned :(... I would love to get my paws on those kind of paws :wink:
akujiwolf

Post by akujiwolf »

Anthony and I talked earlier about how the models for heads are pre-snarled. A wolf doesn't always snarl. To unsnarl the face and give it a more nonchalant look is really more firghtening in my opinion. "Is it freindly or not?" Adds and air of uncertainty. Wow, I guess the Director has short thumbs or something. jk. :D
~Request Entertainment Member~ (we get T-Shirts!) Also if there is a problem that you feel needs to be addressed please contact me immediately.
Lurch
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Lurch »

I like the model of the paw but would like to see one more to scale. The pad placement is perfect. When do you see adding fur to it?
"If you love someone, set them free" - Gordon Sumner
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Lurch wrote:I like the model of the paw but would like to see one more to scale. The pad placement is perfect. When do you see adding fur to it?
I think that WAS to scale. It was modeled around one of their hands.
...though I could be wrong. It did look a tad big.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Okay so I have big hands.. There! I said it! now the world knows! I hope you're all happy!

Anthony Brownrigg
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

ABrownrigg wrote:Okay so I have big hands.. There! I said it! now the world knows! I hope you're all happy!

Anthony Brownrigg
I look like I have big hands too... when I'm wearing heavy gloves. I think this is just a bit of a reality check. If the fingers get thicker and the hand/paw gets meatier overall, then what you wil end up with is huge paws.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Well, make sure the werewolf is not wearing any rings in human form when shifting. Not sure if the muscles is strong enough to break it.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Well, make sure the werewolf is not wearing any rings in human form when shifting. Not sure if the muscles is strong enough to break it.
Ouch! :shock: My ringfinger hurts just thinking about it.

=^.^'= ~
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

Yes, again congradulations on making a perfect werewolf hand! Very well done.

I can't wait to see the foot! Please do as good a job as you did the hand! As Figarou will tell you, I'm extremely picky when it comes to proper digitigrade legs. They have to be just right...

Anyways, good luck! Can't wait to see more!
Werewolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Stressed

Post by Werewolf »

What are the chances that you would sell some werewolf stuff?... I mean like the hands and feet costume stuff etc...? I know building a detailed costumed is really costly, but I was thinking maybe you could sell unfinished werewolf costume parts (such as unpainted and no fur) from the molds once you have them, I'm sure a few would be interested in them myself included ^..^

Is that a possibilty, maybe just see how many would be interested in that and if that is something that is possible of course... but it would be really cool for us werewolf fans ^..^

Just a thought, but I hope you do have some cool stuff to buy even if they are some cool posters :D
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

Werewolf wrote:What are the chances that you would sell some werewolf stuff?... I mean like the hands and feet costume stuff etc...? I know building a detailed costumed is really costly, but I was thinking maybe you could sell unfinished werewolf costume parts (such as unpainted and no fur) from the molds once you have them, I'm sure a few would be interested in them myself included ^..^
Ooooh no you don't! That werewolf paw will be MINE! Actually though, they should manufacture them and just make resins of their sculptures/models that are made that way we all can have some movie history without the cost of buying a limited "one of a kind" scuplt that will cost no doubt tons and tons of money.
LoupGarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LoupGarou »

Yeah the paw looks good,but seeing as how big that paw is ,i can only assume that the werewolf would have to be a pretty large one.
"The Wolf in Me...desires the Sheep in you."