This Is My Idea Of a WEREWOLF

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Re: This Is My Idea Of a WEREWOLF

Post by Wingman »

All those counters seem to rely on the defender having significant amounts of speed, and enough presence of mind to react. From the looks of things, I'd be about equivalent of knocking someone's hand away as they try to punch you. Certainly possible, but unless you're prepared for it then it doesn't look like you'd be able to pull it off without having trained for that type of thing.
Unless the werewolf is standing there and extending its head to bite you with, then you're still probably going to have a couple hundred pounds of werewolf tackling you, which almost guarantees that you're going to be knocked or dragged to the ground, regardless of if you knock the werewolf out with a single hit. That's when the rest of the pack tears you apart.

They're pack animals for more than just being roommates to save money on rent.

It occurs to me now that I've never actually sat down and thoroughly designed a werewolf of my own.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Berserker wrote: A werewolf bite therefore would be more of a grapple, in which case their claws and grasping hands would actually be extremely useful.
That's kind of what I mentioned. It's a lot easier to grab someone after they're dazed either due to blood loss (From claws) or from being struck with werewolf-sized knuckles (s***/no claws).
Wingman wrote:All those counters seem to rely on the defender having significant amounts of speed, and enough presence of mind to react. From the looks of things, I'd be about equivalent of knocking someone's hand away as they try to punch you. Certainly possible, but unless you're prepared for it then it doesn't look like you'd be able to pull it off without having trained for that type of thing.
Uh, yeah. It's combat. The guy with the most training and/or the best toys wins.

It's generally not a good idea to bank your neck (and thus, life) on the idea that your target doesn't have that sort of speed, however. You don't exactly get a Do-Over when it turns out they can move that fast.
Unless the werewolf is standing there and extending its head to bite you with, then you're still probably going to have a couple hundred pounds of werewolf tackling you, which almost guarantees that you're going to be knocked or dragged to the ground, regardless of if you knock the werewolf out with a single hit. That's when the rest of the pack tears you apart.

They're pack animals for more than just being roommates to save money on rent.

It occurs to me now that I've never actually sat down and thoroughly designed a werewolf of my own.
"They're pack animals" is kind of a cop-out. Humans are pack animals of a sort as well. So if the werewolf gets backup because he's a pack animal, then the human would too. Now suddenly it's a human-vs.-werewolf gang brawl and things are just getting silly.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

Aki wrote:Uh, yeah. It's combat. The guy with the most training and/or the best toys wins.
Not always, which is where tactics come into play. It's far more likely to be multiple wolves attacking a single target, with at least half of them flanking it, rather than multiple wolves attacking multiple prey.
It seems logical that the same tactics would be used against humans. Wait for an opening, such as one of them leaving the group, and then swarm it from multiple directions at once.

Kitetsu's examples all seem to use a trained martial artist, probably of the sort who can crush a small car with his weak hand, rather than someone wolves, or werewolves, would pick out as a target. Going after the largest, strongest member of a group is only a good idea if the group will fall apart without his leadership, or if there are no other options.

Granted, increased intelligence may very well alter the werewolf tactics, especially some humans have guns, or phones, or whatnot, and the werewolves are intelligent enough to realize the significance of those items.
Aki wrote: "They're pack animals" is kind of a cop-out. Humans are pack animals of a sort as well. So if the werewolf gets backup because he's a pack animal, then the human would too. Now suddenly it's a human-vs.-werewolf gang brawl and things are just getting silly.
Not really. Things are getting realistic assuming there's multiple werewolves and multiple humans in the area. In almost all cases it's going to be the exact same tactic of going after whatever prey strays from the protection of the group, though, since they're werewolves it's entirely possible they might instead split up and attack as many targets as possible (either to a: infect/turn them via bites; b: wound as many of them as possible in as short a period of time to prevent the group from focusing on protecting a single target; or c: create as much confusion as possible, for whatever reason.).

I think I've really only seen a few movies that had more than one werewolf at a time, and them working cooperatively. Rise of the Lycans is probably the only one I can think of that has both at the same time.

Though, the topic is drifting a bit so I'll stop now.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Leonca~
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Cat who walks by Herself
Mood: Stressed

Post by Leonca~ »

Sombra avatar by Leopreston at deviantart.com
Werewolfdragon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Werewolf Lives

Post by Werewolfdragon »

Ok, First, Humans can work in a pack environment. Second, Wolves do work in a pack environment. So if both humans and wolves work in a pack environment, then it seems clear to me that werewolves, (both human and wolf) would work in a pack, even if they had to bite others in-order to create one? Now this would pose another problem, because those that they bite would have to be willing to become werewolves other wise they would view the gift as a curse and try to find a way to break it? Other then that only an outcast wolf, remains alone and most don't live long with out a pack of their own! As for the clawing, biting and other hand uses. If you factor in their speed, strength, ability to regenerate, and immunities to almost of things. Even if they did leave their neck open to attack's their wouldn't be enough time to take your shot at it. That's to say your not running for your lives or panicking, or even both at the same time?

I am tired of the some old fake looking werewolves, lets use all this movie making equipment and MAKE SOME REALISTIC WEREWOLVES! bring them on !!! :wink:
Werewolfdragon
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Werewolf Lives

Post by Werewolfdragon »

Any way this is what i would like to see, Who knows maby it could be done in such a way that it would make a really scary as well as One of the best movies Ever. It would be something somewhat new, as well as a real challange to pull off. What do you think? Do you think it could be done?
Silent Hunter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: PACK IS CREDIT TO TEAM!
Mood: Ruthless

Post by Silent Hunter »

MOD REQUEST: I ask for the whole fist fighting stuff of werewolves etc to be moved into its own topic, Its an interesting topic and I feel it would be a useful resource and good discussion value.

Okay: Redeye here. Give me some of the names and posts in this section, and I'll do that little thing.
You get to do the work, though.

That's called Division of Labor. I divide, you labor... :lol:
"Religion and politics
Often make some people
Lose all perspective and
Give way to ranting and raving and
Carrying on like emotional children.
They either refuse to discuss it with reason,
Or else they prefer argumentum ad hominem,
Which is a hell of a way to conduct a discussion."