The Official Happy Birthday Thread (TM)

The place for anything at all...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

:o HAPPY B-DAY VRIKASATMA!!! :o

:howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :party: :party: :party: :wagtail: :wagtail: :wagtail: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester2: :jester2: :jester2: :pingpong: :badminton: :badminton2: :cafinated: :grinwiggle: :wiggle: :madhatter: :madhatter: :madhatter: :clown: :clown: :clown: :Jester3: :Jester3: :Jester3: :evilclown: :evilclown: :evilclown: :eviljester: :eviljester: :eviljester: :clownwolf2: :clownwolf2: :clownwolf2: :evilclown2: :evilclown2: :evilclown2: :eviljester2: :eviljester2: :eviljester2: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :music: :music: :music: :thpt2: :thpt2: :thpt2:

:happybday: Have a bone :jester: :bone:
Shadow Wulf wrote:
Someone is getting old...
I don't look at it as being old, but more wise :grinwiggle:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Yeah, my parents are actually older than she is.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

The grey 'n wizened elder, now there's an image for ya! :o :spiritwolf: :lol:

46 isn't old. 15,000 is old. :grinp:

Cake? Can't stand buttercream. I'm going to Coldstone and getting a Love It something-or-other in a chocolate-dipped waffle bowl. :pocky:

And now, for some gratuitous Wolficonness...

:blush: :badminton2: :splodey: :duckbomb2: :party: :roflmao: :lovestruck: hwlwnk
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Many happy returns, youngster. :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

46 had better bloody not be "old", as I'm not too many years off that myself.

Hope you had a great birthday Vrik'.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

:o HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAK!!! :o

:howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :party: :party: :party: :wagtail: :wagtail: :wagtail: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester2: :jester2: :jester2: :grinwiggle: :grinwiggle: :grinwiggle: :madhatter: :madhatter: :madhatter: :allears: :allears: :allears: :cafinated: :cafinated: :cafinated: :clown: :clown: :clown: :Jester3: :Jester3: :Jester3: :evilclown: :evilclown: :evilclown: :eviljester: :eviljester: :eviljester: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :clownwolf2: :clownwolf2: :clownwolf2: :evilclown2: :evilclown2: :evilclown2: :eviljester2: :eviljester2: :eviljester2: :music: :pupduckling: :wolfkiss: :cake: :scream:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Already an Admins birthday? And its the day after my sisters birthday! :o

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAKYOJI!!!

:missed: :wagtail: :cyborg2: :ducktoss3: :party: :party: :duckie :wolfclock: :pacwolf: :badminton: :badminton2: :wetwolf8: :PC: :woof: :cafinated: :gangster: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: :cake: :thpt2: :wolfkiss: :beerwolf: :idea2: :science:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary

Post by takyoji »

Thank you Teh_DarkJokerWolf and Shadow Wulf for the acknowledgement. I still feel rather young... As I'm now merely 16 years of age yet. :P
If I didn't mention it was my birthday today to my one friend yesterday, then all of my friends probably would have forgotten. Then again, I guess I don't have many close friends. I dunno, it seems like another typical birthday, which I honestly don't mind. And since it's too close to Christmas time, my family is kind of out of ideas of what to get me. I suggested gift cards for a bookstore, so that's probably all I'm going to get. :lol:

Again, thank you all for the acknowledgement. :D
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Its amazing how young you are and how much about forums you know. Tell me how did you learn all the things you learned?
Image Image
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Happy Birthday, Tajyoji! Sixteen years old? You sound remarkably young for someone of your age... :lol: :lol: Keep your youth as long as you can! :wink:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Dont you mean remarkably old? :wink:
I would have guessed he was in hes twenties.
Image Image
takyoji
Legendary
Legendary

Post by takyoji »

[EDIT] I made this post a little easier for those who don't want to read the entire post. Just skip to the 6th paragraph. I honestly don't know if I should truncate it a little or something. xD

== Ignore the following if you don't want to read the deep specifics. ==
Yep, just sixteen. I learned everything I know by myself. From web development, web design, basic 3d modeling/animation/rendering, networking, basic transmission protocols, standards, graphic design, photography, basic encryption and security, simple database usage, web hosting, and a handful more. Though I do admit I lack knowledge on the very specifics of hardware components, and a little bit on networking. So yea, on the more specific end of forums, I run a little business-based forum on our business website (obviously very very quiet) and I'm the forum administrator for the International Landscape Alliance.

And slowly learned about the patterns of spam, how they get through, and basically how to use the forum software itself and how to modify it. I started out from just reading various sources on the Internet (tutorials primarily) parallel to having one or two Internet friends who have such knowledge, then went on to using books since it's more portable that way. I don't have a laptop; besides, you don't need to plug in/charge a book to read it :P

As for being young, I wish I could be a couple years older, since some people won't really take me seriously at my current age for doing certain tasks, which can be rather irritating. As for my grammar or whatever you prefer to call it, I guess it just came to me or something, I'm not exactly aware why I seem a little more mature or literate for my age. I'm just lucky I guess, I used to have a friend where we'd logically debate on how something fictional could be true. He knew his vocabulary, so I guess I caught on a little bit.

I'm still very unaware of what to do as a career. I know I like to fiddle around with technology, but honestly, I'd like to do something a little more creative and a job that usually involves simply working with others. Currently I sit at my desk day after day programming or working on mindless tasks on our business website. While making sure we're complying with standards (which 95% of folks DONT do..) and thinking in the aspects of Search Engine Optimization. But, that involves me sitting at my chair, at home, all alone. So if winter break comes along, I slowly get stripped of my social abilities from working through most of it (since there would be no school), which I regret.

As a career it might be fun to be a 3d graphic artist or something, perhaps. I've played around with it a little before, and actually have played with software that is used in the video production industry. I know it sounds stupid, but I /really/ don't care about making millions of dollars. My brother is always encouraging me to become an architect or something huge. Architecture is interesting, however it's a difficult industry, isn't much demand, and it involves plotting something all by yourself for a period of long time. Just as long as I do something creative and with other people, then I'd be content. Contributing to the production of Freeborn or similar projects would actually be a dream job, but I'm far too young for such things yet, I suppose.
== Ignore the above if you don't want to read the deep specifics. ==

Other than that, I really have no idea of what the future will hold. *notices 5 paragraphs so far*.. Blargh, I have to stop writing endless posts, lmao. Just a reply to a "happy birthday" acknowledgment, and I practically turn my reply around to being a whole post on what I plan to do in my future life. :lol:

But yea, as far as my birthday went.. It was basically with my immediate family. They randomly took me to a Mexican restaurant (no, I don't have a Mexican heritage). Then ate a little. Later some of the staff came out singing, put a sombrero on me, and smudged me with whip cream. After that I opened gifts and received a 12-24mm aspherical lens for my Nikon D50 (Hint: it's a lens for my camera). And also got a radio transmission scanner (which I didn't really ask for, but is interesting). Which was pretty much everything I received, of which does probably total up to like $500 although. At the end, they let me drive one of the vehicles home (even though I didn't exactly desire to) and made a few stupid mistakes. :P (I have a provisional license currently!)

Overall, it was a unique birthday. Sorry for forcing you all to read a 7 paragraph post. :lol:
Avatar original image by "sometimesong" of Flickr, released under the Creative Commons license (share-alike, attribution, non-commercial, no-derivatives)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Thats very interesting, I see your not a slacker like I am. :lol: You are what they call a jack of all trades, you don't know a lot of a thing or two but you know a little bit of everything, kind of like my dad.
takyoji wrote: Overall, it was a unique birthday. Sorry for forcing you all to read a 7 paragraph post. :lol:
Ha, 7 paragraphs? Don't worry about that, its short paragraphs anyway, we had members who's post was a lot longer than that. heck even I have posted a lot more and longer paragraphs than that. It doesn't bother us.
:D
Image Image
RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Hmmm... Considering your interests, you might want the advice of an older and more experienced advisor.

Talk to Kaebora. He's all of the above. :lol: He'll be back next week.
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

Happy birthday, Renorei!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Thanks Lycanthrope! :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

Happy Birthday ravaged_warrior !!!! :party:

here, have some cake! :cake:
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

Happy Birthday Sabre!!!!!! I hope you have a great one!!! :party:
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Happy Birthday Joker! :party: :jester: :wagtail: :superwolf: :bounce: :pacwolf: :innocent: :wolfclock: :badminton: :badminton2: :pingpong: :ducktoss3: :jester2: :bone: :thumbsup: :happybday: :dizzy: :beerwolf:
Image Image
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Happy birthday joker!
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Happy birthday Joker!
(and a belated birthday gift art! :P )

RedEye

Post by RedEye »

Happy Birthday Joker...and may each birthday be happier than the one before.. :wink:
Anónimo Juan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Anónimo Juan »

If the site is correct then...

Happy b-day Shadow Wulf :party: have a great day!
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Image Image
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)