No.
3%

Total votes: 33

WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

Here's a thought, if there are people out hunting werewolves, isn't it possible that there are Werewolf protection activists?

Like say.....

People Expressing Thier Indignation over Werewolves Intentional Endangerment.

Or, P.E.T.I W I E

;)
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

WolvenOne wrote:Here's a thought, if there are people out hunting werewolves, isn't it possible that there are Werewolf protection activists?

Like say.....

Or, P.E.T.I W I E

;)

"save the whales" has become "Save the werewolves." :roll:

So instead of "Devoured," we'll call it something like "Free Willy"

Ummmmmm.... Free wolfie :wink:
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

WolvenOne wrote:Here's a thought, if there are people out hunting werewolves, isn't it possible that there are Werewolf protection activists?

Like say.....

Or, P.E.T.I W I E

;)
"Let's pelt him with our bricks of love!"
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Wow. I never thought this sort of topic would get that diverse.

Umm... Lemme' try to address this piece by piece:

Werewolves a food:
:? It'd take somebody heavy into Satanism to fathom something like that. That might be too deep a plot even for Devoured.

Biting a werewolf:
If lycanthropy is infectuous, the fluid it would most likely transmit through before any other is blood, so drawing blood from a werewolf would likely infect the biter.

Werewolves in China:
It could be that, when lycanthropes were first seen by humans, the Europeans thought they resembled wolves while the Asians thought they more closely resembled foxes.

P.E.T.I.W.I.E:
I don't know if they'd be that open about it, but I definitely imagine there would be some kind of group trying to protect werewolves, either one run by a local pack leader or a group of sympathetic purebloods like ourselves. I can't picture it being very active though -- probably a system of safehouses like the vampires had in Blade; all the members would put something innocent yet indicative (like a rubber duck, a lava lamp or a Homer Simpson plushie) in their window to indicate their hosue/apartment is a werewolf safehouse. You know, a place where they can get dinner, a bed for the night, a spare change of clothes and hang out in werewolf form until they can shift back without one of those lunatics mentioned in the poll bothering them.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Like say.....

Or, P.E.T.I W I E

;)
Hmmm....I don't know about an entire national organization, but now that you mention it, I suppose there would surely be sympathisers somewhere. Since WereWolves would surely work hard to keep themselves secret, it would be nearly impossible for any large group to find each other. Using the internet would be too risky since you could never tell who is telling the truth and who is just role playing. :?
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

The Petewie bit was mainly a joke, you know, petewie being the sound of spitting in cartoons.

Still, I do think there are probably humans that aid werewolves. They probably not actavists in the traditional sense of the word though. At least about the subject of Werewolves.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

WolvenOne wrote:The Petewie bit was mainly a joke, you know, petewie being the sound of spitting in cartoons.

Still, I do think there are probably humans that aid werewolves. They probably not actavists in the traditional sense of the word though. At least about the subject of Werewolves.
"Let's pelt him with our bricks of love!"
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

ABrownrigg wrote:Yes, there WILL be someone who dislikes werewolves in this film. To what end, I'm not sure I should say. And the motivations are original I believe.

But any such person in this film, no matter how cool, will NOT have chromium plated, or silver plated hi-tech armor piercing mechanical thingamagigs.. I want this to flow, not to become a werewolf tech fest.
Everyone has reasons for hating or liking something.

I don't believe in two dimensional characters, weather they're protagonist, or antagonist.

Those is just my thoughts.

Anthony Brownrigg
Ah plausible motivations, goooooooooooooood.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

ACK! Bricks of love! Run~!
NightmareHero
Legendary
Legendary

Post by NightmareHero »

LOL you guys are a riot!
Treads Lightly
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Treads Lightly »

Figarou wrote:
Human bites werewolf, werewolf becomes human.

er.......umm.....that didn't make any sence. :roll:
I have this scene in my mind of a werewolf spinning around in a circle with a human clinging to his back, its teeth firmly in the werewolf’s neck. All the wile the poor were is screaming, “get it off! Get it off me!”
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Treads Lightly wrote:
Figarou wrote:
Human bites werewolf, werewolf becomes human.

er.......umm.....that didn't make any sence. :roll:
I have this scene in my mind of a werewolf spinning around in a circle with a human clinging to his back, its teeth firmly in the werewolf’s neck. All the wile the poor were is screaming, “get it off! Get it off me!”

And I can picture Gary Larson drawing that scene. :P

woo! 100 posts!! I'm catching up to you WolvenOne. :mrgreen:
ShadowFang
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Happy

Post by ShadowFang »

Human beings are a strange bunch. Something that walks upright and has any level of intelligence most humans will fear and hate what they do not understand. So, the majority of humanity will want all werewolves exterminated. (it's kinda like if aliens ever landed). Then, you'll have people who want to study them and find out what exactly makes them tick followed by the people who love them and believe they are the missing link between man and nature. It'll be chaos. Fun chaos.

EDIT: Correct rather large grammical error,
Last edited by ShadowFang on Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

people ARE catching up to me... hmm...

This birds gotta fly! *zoom*
LoupGarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by LoupGarou »

The Catholic Church back in the 16th century actually hired vampire hunters as well as werewolf hunters ,back in the dark days where anyone could be a heretic.
So yeah why not.
"The Wolf in Me...desires the Sheep in you."
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

LoupGarou wrote:The Catholic Church back in the 16th century actually hired vampire hunters as well as werewolf hunters ,back in the dark days where anyone could be a heretic.
So yeah why not.
Horray, we're back on topic. I swear, if anyone mentions lycan gumbo again I'll *inaudiable snarling.*

Anyway, when I thought of the possibility of werewolf hunters, that's what I imagined. Nobody ever really pursecutes an entire race (or in this case, species) just out of some bizarre desire to be evil -- it's possible that anyone that was egotistical or too religious for their own good that discovered werewolves might fancy themselves as some sort of holy crusader. Then you have the people with personal agendas, which I imagine are the ones we're going to be seeing in this movie...

And I suppose you have the billionaire big game hunters like the lunatics in Boa vs. Python, but I'm pretty confident nobody will want to see that one. :lol:
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Terastas wrote:
LoupGarou wrote:The Catholic Church back in the 16th century actually hired vampire hunters as well as werewolf hunters ,back in the dark days where anyone could be a heretic.
So yeah why not.
Horray, we're back on topic. I swear, if anyone mentions lycan gumbo again I'll *inaudiable snarling.*

Anyway, when I thought of the possibility of werewolf hunters, that's what I imagined. Nobody ever really pursecutes an entire race (or in this case, species) just out of some bizarre desire to be evil -- it's possible that anyone that was egotistical or too religious for their own good that discovered werewolves might fancy themselves as some sort of holy crusader. Then you have the people with personal agendas, which I imagine are the ones we're going to be seeing in this movie...

And I suppose you have the billionaire big game hunters like the lunatics in Boa vs. Python, but I'm pretty confident nobody will want to see that one. :lol:
I wonder how a werewolf would take to the idea that an eccentric multi-billionaire wants to capture/domesticate a pack of werewolves with the idea to turn them into the ultimate family pets?

(And what about lang ren chow mein?)
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

Apokryltaros wrote:(And what about lang ren chow mein?)
:?

Apok. You're scaring me.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote: I wonder how a werewolf would take to the idea that an eccentric multi-billionaire wants to capture/domesticate a pack of werewolves with the idea to turn them into the ultimate family pets?
he he

I can see one as a lap werewolf. :lol:
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Terastas wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:(And what about lang ren chow mein?)
:?

Apok. You're scaring me.
On the one paw...
Eggsellent...
On the other paw, don't worry, I'd never eat anyone here... Wolf/dog meat is said to taste like goat meat, and I'd figure that werewolves would be too gamey for my tastes.
Figarou wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote: I wonder how a werewolf would take to the idea that an eccentric multi-billionaire wants to capture/domesticate a pack of werewolves with the idea to turn them into the ultimate family pets?
he he

Hmmmm...
I wonder if he'd take to wearing a leash with a little bell?
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:
Figarou wrote:
he he

Hmmmm...
I wonder if he'd take to wearing a leash with a little bell?
sure, he is going to need it. When company comes over, you'll have ample warning that a werewolf is about to jump in your lap. :lol:
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Terastas »

You know... As strange and off-topic as the whole notion of a werewolf as a pet might be...

The scarriest part of all is that I can actually picture it. :oops:

Well... More precisely, I can picture a girl with a cub or a werewolf boyfriend and treating him like a pet; petting, cuddling, face-licking, tummy-rubbing and the like... But I'd really rather not expand on that because it doesn't feel like we're discussing anything moderately related to the horror genre anymore. :P Can we go back to the villains again?
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Terastas wrote:You know... As strange and off-topic as the whole notion of a werewolf as a pet might be...

Well... More precisely, I can picture a girl with a cub or a werewolf boyfriend and treating him like a pet; petting, cuddling, face-licking, tummy-rubbing and the like... But I'd really rather not expand on that because it doesn't feel like we're discussing anything moderately related to the horror genre anymore. :P Can we go back to the villains again?
Horror?
You want horror?
You try giving a 300 lb wolf-man his worm-medication.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Terastas wrote:You know... As strange and off-topic as the whole notion of a werewolf as a pet might be...

Nothing wrong with a tiny bit of humor. It doesn't have to be 100% horror.

Apokryltaros wrote:

Horror?
You want horror?
You try giving a 300 lb wolf-man his worm-medication.
or try taking him to the vet.
ChaosWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ChaosWolf »

The vet? I can see it now...

"Whoa, whoa, whoa... I'm gonna get NEUTERED? Oh HELL no!"
My Werewolf Code!:
WWC1.0 SSHb LNAn SPDbsh SILt WTRn GDRs UNQd EATafvy SGNepcy SPKw STCb WLL+ HRT++ DLY+++++ STY+++++ INT0 RGN+ JMP+ STR+ BIG+ COL++ AGE+ CMN- AGL+ IRT+ EYE+ FUR+