3%

Total votes: 33

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Werewolf Hunters?

Post by Terastas »

So I was watching the Sci-Fi channel last night (yeah, I do that too much), and it appears that every possible supernatural myth or urban legend -- ghosts, UFOs, Bigfoot, Elvis, etc.) has it's own heavilly-equipped followers, that is, people going from one sighting to another to prove or disprove their selected legend's existence. That got me to thinking (yeah, I do that too much) that maybe werewolves would also have people compulsively searching for them.

So what do you think those people would be like? Obsessive monster hunters like Quent from Wolf's Rain? Paranomal researchers out to prove the existence of werewolves or, if they accomplished that already, to learn more about them? People that want the lycanthropic virus to achieve their own ends?

If you think of any more possibilities that wouldn't fit one of those three categories, feel free to list em.'
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Yes, there WILL be someone who dislikes werewolves in this film. To what end, I'm not sure I should say. And the motivations are original I believe.

But any such person in this film, no matter how cool, will NOT have chromium plated, or silver plated hi-tech armor piercing mechanical thingamagigs.. I want this to flow, not to become a werewolf tech fest.

Everyone has reasons for hating or liking something. I don't believe in two dimensional characters, weather they're protagonist, or antagonist.

Those is just my thoughts.

Anthony Brownrigg
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I could beleive that someone who became aware of the Werewolves would try to get a picture of them to proove they are not crazy. However, I am not fond of the Idea of having "Monster Hunters" in this film.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

Hmmm, I would say monster hunters is way too strong a word. That would denote someone who has a duty to destroy evil... I wouldnt want to go that far myself.

Anthony Brownrigg
Drake Arrokh
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Drake Arrokh »

I think That in real life people would want to prove thier existance (and some do) but it would have to take something major for hunters to come along and do what they do (ex. exessive deaths, actual proof). the other kind of people stated are out there in real life already. As for the film I think it would most likely be 2&3.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Right-Wing WarMongering Artsy-Fartsy Woof

Post by WolvenOne »

The idea of somebody trying to, expose werewolves, be it either by killing one and hoping these werewolves don't revert to human form in death.

(hmm, has anybody covered that issue yet?)

Or be it by taking a photograph, does indeed make sense. Though of course, the exact details are up to the director and writers.
ABrownrigg
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ABrownrigg »

I believe I'm going with something that will give someone a reason to do what he/she does, and yet have it be personal enough that they won't be as anxious to make it public, even if the COULD get proof.

and don't worry, it wont be. "A werewolf killed my love, so now I'm after revenge"

Anthony Brownrigg
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Although I think the presence of people who dedicate their lives to being Werewolf killers should be non-existant, people who see a werewolf and think ."Ahhhhhhh! ...Monster. Kill It!" would be fairly common. Even if the WereWolves in this movie are not all Bloodthirsty killers, the general populous would still only have the old steriotype in their minds. Whether it was snarling at you or not, if you ran into a werewolf in th dark and you were carrying a gun, wouldn't you reach for it? ...if only on impulse.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Do you listen to coast to coast am?

Sometimes they have people talk about seeing bigfoot. I never heard them say anything about someone getting killed. Werewolves don't have to be killing machines. They can be gentle if they don't feel threatened.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Old legends aside, if you're walking along and you happen upon a large furry beast with big big teeth, your first impulse is gonna be, to run away screaming like a little girl. ;)

As they later process what they saw though, yeah, they'll think, werewolf, and then start thinking about the old legends about werewolves stealing away babies and attacking people and whatnot.

That's assuming though, they don't pass it off as themselves being drunk or on a drug high or simply insanity, something of that sort. I can easily see somebody trying to rationalize something they saw that doesn't mesh with thier view of reality.

Heck, I see people do it with fairly mundane things everyday. ;)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

WolvenOne wrote:Old legends aside, if you're walking along and you happen upon a large furry beast with big big teeth, your first impulse is gonna be, to run away screaming like a little girl. ;)
That or freeze in terror and stare ahead stupidly. :shock:
WolvenOne wrote:As they later process what they saw though, yeah, they'll think, werewolf, and then start thinking about the old legends about werewolves stealing away babies and attacking people and whatnot.

That's assuming though, they don't pass it off as themselves being drunk or on a drug high or simply insanity, something of that sort. I can easily see somebody trying to rationalize something they saw that doesn't mesh with thier view of reality.

Heck, I see people do it with fairly mundane things everyday. ;)

True. Very true.

=^.^'= ~
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Imperial Weirdo And Insect Expert

Post by Apokryltaros »

What do you guys think of the idea of a deranged hunter who's out to bag himself a werewolf for his dinner?
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

"Dem da-gum wore wulves taste lik chiken?"
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

WolvenOne wrote:"Dem da-gum wore wulves taste lik chiken?"
Actually, more like gamey goatmeat.
I figure that if werewolves have been around since the dawn of history, the Chinese probably have a recipe for them.
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

That's assuming that Werewolves ever made it to China, the closest mythalogical equivelent I believe is the Kitsune.

A shape shifting fox spirit.

There might be a secret hobo recipe though, complete with secret hobo spices. ;)

"We start with the best part, the neck!"
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Kitsune are Japanese, though there are tales about fox spirits in China. There are also tales about wolves in China, given as how they do range into China.
I mean, if the Chinese have tales about turtles, cranes, tigers, dragons, pigs, dogs, cats, foxes, ravens, swallows, rats, and snakes turning into people, and visa versa, I would find it farfetched to think that one would find a person turning into a wolf to be farfetched.
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

ABrownrigg wrote:But any such person in this film, no matter how cool, will NOT have chromium plated, or silver plated hi-tech armor piercing mechanical thingamagigs.. I want this to flow, not to become a werewolf tech fest.
LOL. Don't worry, that's not what I was thinking, though I will admit I'd originally thought about dividing hunters into two categories; werewolf experts that either have a personal vendetta or fancy themselves as heroes, and the more common Van Helsing wannabes that to a werewolf are no more than an irritation (sort of like the difference between the SETI program and all those people running around with the "take me with you" signs).
Maybe a wannabe would wear something like that, but nobody to be taken seriously would.

Maybe that'd be a great way to distinguish between a freshly-bitten werewolf and a veteran. A newbie might break into a cold sweat if in the same room with a wannabe or two (remember the elevator scene I suggested? ;)), but afterwards a veteran would assure him that their not even worth thinking about.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I think their would be different people searching for werewolves for different reasons. Hunters who somehow now about them and want to 'purify' the world; people who want to take pictures of them to proove their exsistance and those who wish to be a werewolf for power.
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Silverclaw wrote:I think their would be different people searching for werewolves for different reasons. Hunters who somehow now about them and want to 'purify' the world; people who want to take pictures of them to proove their exsistance and those who wish to be a werewolf for power.
Or those who are simply out for a nice square meal...
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Yes of course. All would gather 'round for an old fashion werewolf eatin' Thanksgiving :lol:

Hmmm, those who eat the flesh of a werewolf would most likely turn into one themselves.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Apokryltaros wrote:What do you guys think of the idea of a deranged hunter who's out to bag himself a werewolf for his dinner?
does it come with fries?
Apokryltaros
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Apokryltaros »

Silverclaw wrote:Yes of course. All would gather 'round for an old fashion werewolf eatin' Thanksgiving :lol:

Hmmm, those who eat the flesh of a werewolf would most likely turn into one themselves.
That's only if you don't cook it.
Figarou wrote:
Apokryltaros wrote:What do you guys think of the idea of a deranged hunter who's out to bag himself a werewolf for his dinner?
does it come with fries?
I've unfortunately found out that you have to bring your own.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Silverclaw wrote:Hmmm, those who eat the flesh of a werewolf would most likely turn into one themselves.
................. :shock: ...................now there is a question I've never considered.
How about, if you were grabbed by a werewolf and you bit ITS paw to make it let go, what would happen then? (I mean, if you bit hard enough to draw blood...which would be pretty hard now that I lthink about it. :? )

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote:
Silverclaw wrote:Hmmm, those who eat the flesh of a werewolf would most likely turn into one themselves.
................. :shock: ...................now there is a question I've never considered.
How about, if you were grabbed by a werewolf and you bit ITS paw to make it let go, what would happen then? (I mean, if you bit hard enough to draw blood...which would be pretty hard now that I lthink about it. :? )

reverse psychology

A werewolf bites human, human become werewolf.

Human bites werewolf, werewolf becomes human.

er.......umm.....that didn't make any sence. :roll:
WolvenOne
Legendary
Legendary

Post by WolvenOne »

Mmm... if a human bites a werewolf hard enough to draw blood, it's a possibility, but only if the human gets a cut in his mouth in the process. Saliva is corrosive and stomach acid is even more so, I don't think any virii would fare well in unless it found a way into the bloodstream.