Anook
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dogs are miracles with paws

Post by Anook »

Its good to have you back! :D :o hwlwnk
I'm glade you had a great time. :D

I would like to see your sand werewolf. :lol:

Hopefully I'll be going to the beach sometime this summer. My family and I usually go to gulf shores.
I could care less if I am a "freak". I don't care what other people think about me. I am me. I am different from the masses of society in unique and profound ways, anyway. Being physically different would trouble me not
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Here's my updates:

This past weekend I took Meritage to the NWAHA Andalusian breed show in Boring (yes, there's a town called Boring, Oregon). We entered him in two classes and he took the blue in both! One (Baroque English Pleasure) was kind of disappointing because he was the only entry in the class, so it was a default blue and we couldn't really gauge his quality in a vacuum like that. The other one (Baroque Halter, 5 years and older) was pretty much a win-by-attrition because there were three horses in it, and the other two were a stallion and a mare. The stallion went postal when he smelled the mare, tried to mount and knocked down his handler, and consequently took third (handler escaped injury but was supremely and understandably pissed off). The mare didn't act up as much as the stallion and took second. Tagie behaved like a pure gentleman and took the blue. There's going to be another regional breed show in August and we're going to that.

Tangentially-related news: Tagie's younger sister Andiama was in her first big show this weekend too, back in New England. She took the High Point and Championship at her show and a grand prix dressage rider offered her owner $30,000 for her!!! We're definitely a blue-ribbon family here :)

Personal news:
My cataract is getting worse. I pretty much can't make out details with that eye, even with glasses and contacts. I just see hazy blobs and colours. We'll do the surgery in September, after I get back from the Andalusian Festival and Burning Man. It won't be major surgery, it's outpatient and will take about a half-hour in the ophthamologist's office. Plus they'll implant a lens in my eye so it won't need a contact lens in there anymore. That'll be nice; I'll just have to buy lenses for my right eye, which will mean less money, and one box will last me longer. But DAMN! Four surgeries in a year!!

I'm hiding inside today because we're getting hundred-degree temps outside. Holed up with cat, laptop, orange smoothies and Mozart :)
ImageImageImageImage
Syzygy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wergild Collector

Post by Syzygy »

I'm back from Cape Town after a very long 12 hour car trip. I had a nice time and we ended up looking at property and at UCT [University of Cape Town(amazingly original name, huh)] for when I go to university.

I still have no idea what I want to study though... :?
Eat more tobasco.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Hey, just wanted to say I'll most likely be around even less for a while :( (hopefully not too long)
Our computer is acting badly. The keyboard at least. Its one of those keyboards with no wires to it. Well, it stoped working for some unknown reason; not the battries, we tried a couple different pairs. So I can't do simple things like type in a password to even log on to the internet. :( Hopefully my dad can get it fixed soon; really hope it is not something serious.
For now, I'm using the library computer.
Hope to be around regulary again soon!

(btw, good luck with your eye vrikasatma!)
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

My Internet access has been a bit spotty for the past week, though it should improve by the evening of July 3rd, when the new house gets broadband through Charter Cable. If you don't see my posts then, though, then I may have a problem, in which case, it'll stay spotty for awhile. Hopefully this time I won't be stupid enough to leave my laptop behind again.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

Just ta let you all know: its fixed. In a way. We are using an old keyboard instead of the broken down wireless one. :D
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

wireless = unreliable devil
cords = not your enemy
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Guys, I have a problem.

Today, I just got word that my grandpa from my mother's side is dieing. They found a clot in his heart, and they had to operate on him. I guess something went wrong and is now on a respirator. I have to leave the BBQ early so we can pack and drive four or five miles to go to St. George where my grand parents are.

So can you please pray for him to get out of this alive, that would be greatly appreciated. Most likely I'll be back at thursday night. I'll inform you further then.

-Anubis-
THE GAME

My Armory
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

A prayer has been said for a smooth process, and the energy to power it has been amplified by the fireworks of a major nation. If it is his will to receive healing energy, then let his recovery run smoothly.
Shadowsaber
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Silver shadowsaber the six tailed

Post by Shadowsaber »

To Figarou

You sleep ?? Your off ?? You No way I thought you live here Duckie :lol:
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

live here?

Naaaa. :wink:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Anubis wrote:Guys, I have a problem.

Today, I just got word that my grandpa from my mother's side is dieing. They found a clot in his heart, and they had to operate on him. I guess something went wrong and is now on a respirator. I have to leave the BBQ early so we can pack and drive four or five miles to go to St. George where my grand parents are.

So can you please pray for him to get out of this alive, that would be greatly appreciated. Most likely I'll be back at thursday night. I'll inform you further then.

-Anubis-
Sorry to hear that Anubis, :( well, you know my prayers are always with you and along the rest of the pack and its family. :mourn:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Sorry to hear that, Anubis.... I had a slightly less poignant announcement to make... Paradice Net is disabled until the transfer to the new servers is completed.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Sorry to hear that Anubis. :(
wolfenknight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolfenknight »

Sorry to hear about that Anubis. I hope that things go well for you. If you need someone to talk with I'm always here to talk with buddy. :)
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I am sorry to hear about that Anubis..I have the same thing happening to my grandpa as well at the moment..I just heard news of it recently..He is losing his memory and his health is awful..What makes it so much worse is he keeps asking to see me, but I can't afford to get there to him..Me and my grandpa were extremely close and even with his fading memory he remembers me and it kills me that I can't get down there at the moment..

Me an my grandpa used to go fishing all the time when I was there and we always talked about any and everything..I haven't seen my grandparents in many years and they are both in awful health..But my grandpa the worse..I am trying to do everything in my power to get to Detriot and see him..It seems everything is always in the way..My sister told me to draw out my feelings which I think I should do, because they now how bad I feel now..Eh I am sorry though Anubis..I will pray for you and your grandpa..
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

I know it's tough to watch a loved one die, this last year i lost my grandpas one in october and one in January, it was a terrible year for me and you have my sympathies.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I have no grandspa's left. they all died before I even got to know them well. :(

Alot of family member has been dying in the last year, my cousin who I was close to got killed by a drunk driver last month, and she had her son in the car who I use to take care of and always loved watching me play video games everyday. :cry:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

I'm really sorry to hear that. Anubis, your grandfather has my prayer. So has DarkJokerWolfeh's. Just be there for them you two.
:(
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:02 am : Vuldari wrote:I knew it would happen eventually...

...I was actually expecting it much sooner...

I registered here a mere 8 days after Calypso Blue, and a week after Anthony Brownrigg himself...

... I once stood as the #2 most talkative Member of THE PACK (after Figarou, of course)...but my reign has ended.

I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but it was aparently in the last 24-48 hours...

I am now...# 11...

I have dropped from the Top-10... surely forever, for there is no-way I will ever begin to post as frequently as those who have passed me by.

I know post count really does not matter, and I don't plan on leaving any time soon, but I can't help but feel a little sad to see myself fall off the list.

Sorry to interupt with such trivialities.

I was just amused to notice that I recently passed the 2,000 post mark, and though I can hardly believe it, I'm actually bumped up to #10 again. I guess I'm more of a chatterbox than I thought...

Image Image

---------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry about your Grandfather Anubis. I never got to know either of mine. One died before I was born, and the other shortly after. I have pictures of me with him as an infant, and I'm told we got along very well, but I don't remember him.

I only have one grandparent left...my Grandmother on my Fathers side.

I was present in the hospital the day my other Grandmother died. I held her hand when she was still breathing, then they asked us to leave, and a few hours later, they announced she had passed away.

The strange thing is, I did not cry a tear that day, or for at least a week afterward. I'm not sure if it just hadn't sunk in yet or what, but I feel really bad about not bawling my eyes out with my aunts, uncles and mother that day when we were all together in the waiting room.

She is the only person very close to me that has died, whom I have memories of. I miss her very much.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Scott Gardener »

I've got my new Internet connection, so both houses--the new one in Rockwall that's still kind of bare and the old one in Pasadena that's for sale (anyone moving to Houston?) have broadband cable Internet. So, more of my endless rambling.

Anubis: any updates?

DarkJokerWolfeh: Oddly enough, Cathey's father is in kind of the same state. He's losing his memory and has recently moved to an assisted living center, after having episodes of confusion and violence against family members he previously entrusted with his care before his mental state declined too far. My own father has been exhibiting early signs of the same problem.

Dementia is a horrible way to go; it destroys not just your body but your identity, the essence of who you are. Though research continues on diseases like Alzheimer's, it is known that repeated strokes can also cause dementia, as can the long term effects of alcohol and certain drugs, particularly tranquilizers like Xanax and Valium. So, please eat healthy, don't smoke, drink responsibly, and avoid dysfunctional reliance upon prescription mental drugs. You'll experience more of the world in the long run. No one deserves to miss a decade of innovation and discovery, stuck in a nursing home, not knowing their own immediate family.
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Yeah i got some, he died about 2 hours before i posted this.

He was in major pain, and my mom asked him if he wants to live or just let go, and my grandpa said yes, so they took him off the oxygen and and all of his meds and about 45 minutes later.... yeah. :cry:

The funeral is going to be on Wednesday morning so I'm not going to be here on Tuesday and I'll be back late Wednesday night.

thanks for being so supportive i really appreciated it. :cry:

:mourn:
THE GAME

My Armory
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I'm so sorry for your loss Anubis :(
:mourn: :mourn: :mourn:
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Oh Anubis that's so sad..I am so sorry..At least now he isn't suffering anymore.. I am truly sorry for your loss..

In life there are many pains,

hurts to see a loved one suffer so..

Though in death there too is pain,

your loved one now may rest in

peace..
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Im so sorry to hear that Anubis, and believe me I know what your going trough right now. :( I cried for a while when my grandpa died, but then I stopped cause I know he had a good life, and he was a very happy man. You have my symphony Anubis.
:mourn: :mourn: :mourn: :mourn:
Image Image