Bush vs. Gog / Magog

The place for anything at all...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Bush vs. Gog / Magog

Post by Terastas »

*sigh* You know what? Somehow this doesn't surprise me at all.

http://wvgazette.com/Opinion/JamesAHaught/200907220060

:P
Sevena

Re: Bush vs. Gog / Magog

Post by Sevena »

craziness! I will never understand how we the American people let him keep office so long.
alphanubilus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by alphanubilus »

Interesting... however, the reality is, there is NOTHING mortals can do to prevent the apocolypse... That is about as plausible as stopping a Super Nova... Then again, Michael Bay could possibly find away to get a bunch of Red Necks on a doomed mission to try and stop it though. Lame... Read da Bible Bush! :lol:
Howlitzer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: yradnegeL

Post by Howlitzer »

Given the responses to that post I'm a bit confused....do you actually take that article seriously or not?

Excusing all opinions on Bush, the war, etc...both positive and negative....forgive me if I am more than a little bit skeptical of that article and its source. :roll:

I'm certainly not surprised I'm seeing it, though, as pretty much all manner of outlandish and not-so-outlandish claims on anything can be found if you dig around the internet long enough.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

ImageImageImageImage
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Personal opinions on the "Book of Revelations of St. John the Divine"...

1> Ergot poisoning. Historically, the images are almost identical.
(they didn't have LSD back then)
2>Political Gripes about Rome, done up in a semi-code for other "Believers".
(There is some real historical backup for this opinion)
3> Somebody with way too much free time on their hands.

Simple fact. The so-called indicators are pretty much status-quo for the world, then and now. "The Great Beast" was a commonly used name for Nero among the Romans themselves. Seven heads? Rome has seven hills. The "w****" of Babylon? The word means "Wanton" as in un-controlled sensual appetites, not "w****"; and Babylon was an opressor of the Jewish people just like Rome was.
The "Millenium"? Good times, which are always followed by troubled times. Economics.
Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera

Basically, this is one of those predictions that are so vague they could fit anywhere, anytime; and the so-called Judgement is common in many religions.
People see the "End times" coming - Usually - because things aren't going they way they want them to.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

I wouldn't attribute Bush himself to be that stupid, he did have a successful run exploiting the blind faith and stupidity of other people. So while I seriously doubt he actually believed he was fighting Gog and Magog in Iraq, it wouldn't surprise me if he thought the French prime minister would be stupid enough to believe it.

Don't forget that this was also the man who claimed to have been appointed by God. He might not genuinely be crazy, but he certainly made a killing by acting as if he was.