Be wary of links posted by new users...

The place for anything at all...
Baphnedia

Be wary of links posted by new users...

Post by Baphnedia »

I'm not sure how it slipped past us, but it is a small duty of mine to inform you that a recent user (whose account is pending deletion by the admin team) posted a link to what appears to be 'lmageshack.com' with his personal photo. Unfortunately, the site (spelled in all caps) is LMAGESHACK, and it forwards to a domain in China that immediately attacks your system with a trojan.

If a link looks suspicious, please report it to members of the moderator or admin team. In this case, I know of two user's computers that were attacked (mine and Wingman's), and also recall that Flatline and one other user responded to the particular thread.

So, even though we do our best to catch stuff like this; some bots have well-enough written posts that we give it a thumbs-up before we find out that its really a bot, posting malicious code.
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: More to me than what your eye sees
Additional Details: Gender on profile no longer specified. Reason: There is no genderqueer option.
Mood: Happy

Re: Be wary of links posted by new users...

Post by Flatline »

i got mentioned... this cant be good. im really sorry if i did something wrong!
Friendship is a precious thing.... Until it is abused and you are rendered unloved. Few remain at my side, one of them is the most compassionate man I have ever met. I love you silver1, thank you for being at my side when i need you the most. I will try, if only for you.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

It's nothing you did, but me and Baph both clicked on that link, and while my shields managed to deflect the junk, it killed his laptop. As you were one of the other people who posted in the thread, we thought there was a good chance you might have clicked on the picture as well, and maybe got infected with something.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Man, them Chinese hate us.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

MattSullivan wrote:Man, them Chinese hate us.
Not necessarily. You know Evony? That game with the tasteless ad campaigns with supermodels and mammary display? That game is also of chinese design. The only difference is that one guy is already getting sued for calling in on Evony's ultra-invasive ads.
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary
Additional Details: Gender on profile no longer specified. Reason: There is no genderqueer option.

Post by Flatline »

ok wingman. thanks for clearing that up. what thread was it? i cant remember
Friendship is a precious thing.... Until it is abused and you are rendered unloved. Few remain at my side, one of them is the most compassionate man I have ever met. I love you silver1, thank you for being at my side when i need you the most. I will try, if only for you.
Wingman
Game Master
Game Master
Custom Title: Dastardly ne'er-do-well in search of a lickspittle

Post by Wingman »

I don't really remember, but it was something along the lines of "Hi, here's a picture of me." Chances are that if your computer isn't going into digital seizures, you're okay, as it killed Baph's laptop in just a day or two.
http://stevebot-7.deviantart.com/
Quod sumus hoc eritis

Aspirant writer-artist.
Flatline
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Flatline »

i might have clicked it but my psp i think is immune to computer viruses and thats what im usually using the internet through