"Werewolf" DVD

The place for anything at all...
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

"Werewolf" DVD

Post by Howling Fan »

I just read this in a press release about bringing back the T.V. cartoon "Family Guy" and thought it was hilarious. Let's just say we're not going to get to see the '80s T.V. show "Werewolf" (with special effects by "Howling" and "AWIL" maestro Rick Baker) on DVD for awhile:

"Beyond that, studios sometimes struggle to gauge how much fan demand there is for shows. DVD producers at Sony Pictures briefly considered issuing "Werewolf" (1987-88), a show starring Chuck Connors, after being deluged with hundreds of e-mail requests. But then they discovered that the e-mail was coming from four sources - three fans in North Carolina and Chuck Connors, the star."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Re: "Werewolf" DVD

Post by Figarou »

Howling Fan wrote:I just read this in a press release about bringing back the T.V. cartoon "Family Guy" and thought it was hilarious. Let's just say we're not going to get to see the '80s T.V. show "Werewolf" (with special effects by "Howling" and "AWIL" maestro Rick Baker) on DVD for awhile:

"Beyond that, studios sometimes struggle to gauge how much fan demand there is for shows. DVD producers at Sony Pictures briefly considered issuing "Werewolf" (1987-88), a show starring Chuck Connors, after being deluged with hundreds of e-mail requests. But then they discovered that the e-mail was coming from four sources - three fans in North Carolina and Chuck Connors, the star."

Heh, e-mails from Chuck Connors himself? What a trooper!! :lol:
Howling Fan
Legendary
Legendary

Re: "Werewolf" DVD

Post by Howling Fan »

Figarou wrote:Heh, e-mails from Chuck Connors himself? What a trooper!! :lol:
Actually, I was thinking more like, "What a desperate, out-of-work actor." That's why I found the news piece so hilarious. He's his own fan club.
SnowWalker
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Suck it up, cupcake

Post by SnowWalker »

it must have been a joke, Chuck Connors is dead. Has been for a very long time!
and damnit, i would have liked a Werewolf on dvd!

~Snowy
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

If you go to a comic book convention, you can find the TV series "Werewolf" on DVD (I'm guessing it is a transfer from VHS to DVD), the quality is....o.k. I like the pilot for that show a lot.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Bete wrote:If you go to a comic book convention, you can find the TV series "Werewolf" on DVD (I'm guessing it is a transfer from VHS to DVD), the quality is....o.k. I like the pilot for that show a lot.
you can also find it on ebay.
Bete
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Bete »

Figarou wrote:
Bete wrote:If you go to a comic book convention, you can find the TV series "Werewolf" on DVD (I'm guessing it is a transfer from VHS to DVD), the quality is....o.k. I like the pilot for that show a lot.
you can also find it on ebay.
Yes, they can be found on Ebay from time to time also (I just checked, but I don't see anything on Ebay tonight for it).
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Yet more reasons to spam Sony!

Post by Scott Gardener »

I saw it once there as well not too long ago. But, it looks like a bootleg. The fact that Sony's considered releasing it but didn't implies that it's not officially released. And, illegal stuff with a digital trail leading to your house is a little risky, to say the least.

But, if they got deluged with hundreds of emails from The Pack and others, then maybe they'll reconsider!

So, where do we send email?
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Noel
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Noel »

I've heard this story about Chuck Connors sending e-mails a couple of times now. I have no idea where it comes from, it's odd as he's been dead since 1992 ...

But yeah, this was a really great series. And if Sony were smart enough to check out the online community over at www.werewolftv.com then they'd realise that there actually IS a lot of demands for these DVDs.