Poll: Werewolves and Clothing: Yay or nay

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Should werewolves in Gestalt form be dressed?

Yes; formal attire including coat and tie for men and a dress for women
1%
Yes; clothing can be retained, but doesn't need to be
33%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
8%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
58%

Total votes: 79

White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Vuldari wrote:
lupine wrote:Also, If, during the TF, some fluids were secreted wouldn't this make the clothing unpleasant to wear?
Why would that happen? What fluids?

...NO WAIT...don't tell me. I really don't want to know. Image

Sweat glads work double shift .......maybe :D :?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

White Paw wrote:
Vuldari wrote:
lupine wrote:Also, If, during the TF, some fluids were secreted wouldn't this make the clothing unpleasant to wear?

Wolves don't sweat. If werewolves sweated at all, I would think it would be half as much or less...not MORE.

Besides...sweaty clothing would be the LEAST of a werewolves concerns on top of sweaty FUR.

Heavy, matted down hair...not to mention the "Wet Dog Smell"... Image

I just don't think werewolves would sweat. ...not like humans do anyway.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

eh.....it was just an suggestion :)
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

Hey, in Camp Lycanthrope I have both. A character who tears outta clothing AND wolves who have clothes that adjust to fit their size. Basically, i wante to appeal to all the fans, knowing some would want to see rippage, and others who wouldn't

*shameless self-plug*
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

White Paw wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

It could be sweat, it could be some fluid connected with the transformation. Keep in mind that the metabolism would be massively accelerated during the transition, Skin composition would be changing, bones stretching and reshaping, Hair growing, teeth growing, surely during all of this, there would be some sweat or other fluid maybe even a little blood. Vuldari says that Wolves don't sweat.....But, Humans do and the werewolf is a bit of both. Who's to say it doesn't inheret the human sweatiness? And if werewolves also retain there intelligence and morals etc when TF'd then surely they would keep any vanity or sense of personal hygiene that they have in Human form, so they would be concerned about a stained shirt or blouse.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

well.....us gay werewolves are very concerned with our appearences..... :lol:
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

MMMM yes, you've got to get your co-ordinates right :lol: You don't want your shirt clashing with your paws now do you? OOh, now a nice pastel would go lovely. :wink:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

:lol: :lol: :lol: smart a** :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

lupine wrote:
White Paw wrote:
Vuldari wrote:

It could be sweat, it could be some fluid connected with the transformation. Keep in mind that the metabolism would be massively accelerated during the transition, Skin composition would be changing, bones stretching and reshaping, Hair growing, teeth growing, surely during all of this, there would be some sweat or other fluid maybe even a little blood. Vuldari says that Wolves don't sweat.....But, Humans do and the werewolf is a bit of both. Who's to say it doesn't inheret the human sweatiness? And if werewolves also retain there intelligence and morals etc when TF'd then surely they would keep any vanity or sense of personal hygiene that they have in Human form, so they would be concerned about a stained shirt or blouse.
I don't think sweat glands and werewolves would play nice...

Armpits stinkl because the amonia in sweat sticks to them. This would happen with lycanthropic fur and you'd still to high heaven because your sweat glands would cause the rest of your fur to act like armpit-hair. :lol:
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Were's and Clothing.

Post by RedEye »

Sweaty Fur aside, Were's really don't need clothing, other than as a parking place for Pockets.
Then there's the simple fact that a Werewolf (if you go with the Wolf body type) would wind up splitting his/her shirt or jacket, while their pants would be in a pile around their feet, since they would lose their human style hips. Undies would, however, probably stay put, whether tightey whiteys or boxers or panties( on females or wierd males).
So, here's your picture: The Dreaded Werewolf: shirt split, underwear in place, and pants around their ankles.
Maybe that's why they're usually depicted naked: Respectability! :lol:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

why I don't think werewolves would wear cloths, even if they have human mind sets.

Ever see a really hairy guy on the beach? it seems the hairer someone is for somereason the fewer cloths they feel they need. So a whole body covered in fur may bring about this mindset.

Plus cloths were originally not for looks but for protection from the sun and temperature. So why wear all that stuffy cloth when your body is covered in fur? it would be sweltering.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

NA let it all hang out pluse you pubic hair grows so long and thick that you want be able to see your gentals unless you become turned on then i guess little big me would come out :lol:
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html