Werewolf vs Wolfwere, preferred primary form.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Which form do you like best if it is born a werewolf

Human
49%
Semi-biped wolf (mostly wolf with some human features)
12%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
21%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
14%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
5%

Total votes: 43

Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Werewolf vs Wolfwere, preferred primary form.

Post by Rhuen »

Which of the five forms do you prefer as the primary form for a shapeshifiting werewolf if it is born a werewolf? As in which form is the form it is born in.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i always figured it would be dependant on what form the mother was in. One species giving birth to another might draw attention...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

complete wolf, this is definitely my overall favorite. Sure, the “gestalt’ form has its very own unique characteristics which draw favorable attention, no doubt. However I like the original the best.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I voted "Human" because it was the closest option to my real answer.

I think (or rather 'prefer' [s]more often[/s]) that they are born mostly human, say 95%, but with subtle clues that they are not a normal human that dissapear within the first six months, like subtle points on the ears, a fuzzy lump over the tailbone, more "peach fuzz" body hair than is typical for a newborn, unusually colored eyes, thick fingernails, etc.

Generally, stuff that would stand out as unusual if you noticed it, but are fairly easy to hide and/or explain away in public. ("It's a hormone thing...the doctor says it will go away by his first birthday")

...that is not to say that I don't find the idea of werewolves giving birth to Wolf-Pups interesting and amusing in it's own right, when used well in a story.

However, I am really not fond of the idea of the children being born in different forms depending on the form of the mother at the time of birth. ...which means, if the children are born human, the mother would be unable to birth them in Wolf Form, for obvious biological reasons, but if they are born as pups, they could probobly be born when the mother is in any form.

...again, only [s]MOST of the time[/s] do I prefer it that way. For somewhat more 'mystical' and dramatic werewolves, I think it could be facinating if the form a werewolf was born in would have lasting effects on how they develp for the rest of thier lives, with HUMAN born having distinguishingly different qualities than WOLF born in adulthood, both physically and mentally.

( [Edit:] Just a side note... I think a more accurate thing for me to say would be, 'these ideas represent the way I would most likely write a werewolf story if I were to make one myself right now'.

To say I like it to be This Way "More Often" would actually be incorrect. I Do Not believe that 4 out of 5 werewolf stories should be this way, and only the occasional ONE should vary. I actually would prefer that all authors and creators should create thier stories whichever way THEY think is best, allways. ...just so we are clear on that.
)
Last edited by Vuldari on Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

Werewolf born as a human Thats the way for me rvt
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html
neoritter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Dogfighter

Post by neoritter »

Its always human. Thats were the basis of the myth is. In an abstract sense you can say the wolf side represents the beast within the sophisticated human.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

My answer is easy: Self Preservation. If a child is born a wolf, it would either be killed or taken away for study by Humans. That incident would either directly or indirectly affect all other werewolves.

But then again, the way to disprove this (theoretically anyway) is to ask, why a werewolf would even go to a hospital to give birth?
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Wonder what happened to those poor people that had tails when born, during the time people believed in werewolves.

(yes, some people are born with tails, its considered a rare natural phenomenon<spelled><)
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

This is another one of those questions that can only really be answered by "it depends", but since that option isn't there, I choose 'Human'.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

For all those saying human giving birth to wolf pups. That really isn't what I meant.

I meant as in the parent has the same form as the offspring. As in their original natural state of being is such and such a form. Not giving birth to such and such, although that would be a given, that one born as a human would have human children.
or one born as a wolf would have wolf children.

I really meant. A human who becomes a wolf vs a wolf that becomes a human, or a few choices inbetween as their natural state of being, I wouldn't think those that are none-human, thus would be none-human while pregnant and giving birth would even imagine going to a hospital.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Human, with a tail. (Only cause mine have tails in all forms :lol: )

I guess if she were in wolf form at the time...I'd prefer born a wolf. I think it depends on what form she is in, and it's 4:39am (I got up to look at Saturn this morning at 3) hence I can't be bothered going into science of it.

Also I do have a scientific writeup to complete :( it's due at the lab today.

------------ EDIT

I misread it sorry.

I hate the idea of giving birth to something with odd shapes and sizes...like a wolf pup, on that side note.

And it depends on my circumstances what form I'd rather be in when I gave birth to my baby. If I want to be human in hospital, its to keep the norm up. So if friends want to see me with my child, I guess I ought to be in the right place!

If I gave birth in wolf form, I have the feeling people would question when and where I had my baby.

---- Edit

I still think I misread it. I get it now, but Id better get to my essay. Eh. But I think if born a wolf, it's primary form should still be human...ie human more of the time. Though it depends because they might use the two forms completely equally, regardless of birth, and not have a 'primary' form. I mean you could technically say a were born a wolf would be primary form wolf, but would they become a human on the full moon or due to emotions, etc? It'd make an alright story but I'd prefer to be primarily human. More guitar playing!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Timber-WoIf wrote:i always figured it would be dependant on what form the mother was in. One species giving birth to another might draw attention...

same....if the mother is human then the offspring will/should be more human like.....if the parent is wolf then a wolf pup it should look like.... :)
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

a wolf gives birth to a wolf

a human gives birth to a human

a half form gives birth to a half form.

This is not what I intended to be debated.

What I intended was which version do you like best as the werewolf?
Not what it gives birth to.

As in do you prefer humans that turn into wolves.
or wolves that turn into humans.
or some other between the two type of creature that can turn into either one.
ect...
hence the title, werwolf vs wolfwere. Not baby wolf from human or what not.
(where is the emoticon for exasperation)?
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Werewolves are Humans who transform into wolves or wolf-like creatures. That is what 95% of the legends say, and that is allways how I automatically assume they are.

The idea of a werewolf that is actually a wolf that takes on the shape of a human instead (like Kitsunes, or the wolves from "Wolf's Rain") is a strange alternative that pops up as a creative oddity now and then, but is never really considered the Norm.

...that is how I see that.

IMHO...Werewolves are allways "Human" first, regardless of whether they are born as werewolves or otherwise. Human is their base form...it is thier core identity. The "WOLF" is an alternate identity and form that is imbedded within them.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
neoritter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neoritter »

Vuldari wrote:Werewolves are Humans who transform into wolves or wolf-like creatures. That is what 95% of the legends say, and that is allways how I automatically assume they are.

The idea of a werewolf that is actually a wolf that takes on the shape of a human instead (like Kitsunes, or the wolves from "Wolf's Rain") is a strange alternative that pops up as a creative oddity now and then, but is never really considered the Norm.

IMHO...Werewolves are allways "Human" first, regardless of whether they are born as werewolves or otherwise. Human is their base form...it is thier core identity. The "WOLF" is an alternate identity and form that is imbedded within them.
Like in Dragon Ball. Master Roshi blows up the moon and this guy is a werehuman.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Human.

Wolf-to-human is nifty and all, but it puts the werewolf at a massive disadvantage for fitting in amongst humans. He won't know english (Or any other language) well, if at all, he'll be accustomed to lupine customs and greetings, moving on all fours, have no money, clothing, etc.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

neoritter wrote:
Vuldari wrote:Werewolves are Humans who transform into wolves or wolf-like creatures. That is what 95% of the legends say, and that is allways how I automatically assume they are.

Like in Dragon Ball. Master Roshi blows up the moon and this guy is a werehuman.
I love Dragonball Z! Which guy is the werehuman? I remember a Wolf Man guy who fought in the tournament. Goku was a were-oozaru though. I can't remember the were-human...it's vague! I haven't seen the first series for a couple of years. (Dragonball).
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

In dragon-ball I remember two wolf guys in the tournaments. There was the guy beaten in the preliminaries, and the guy called ManWolf who turned into a human at the full moon, Roshi hypnotized him to think it was a full moon so he would stay human. He was in the tournament for revenge as the previous tournament say Roshi blow the moon up.

PS: DBZ never bothered to explain how the moon came back. Plus this means Roshi also killed that Rabbit guy Goku stuck on the Moon.
neoritter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neoritter »

Yes the moon magically reappeared and was destroyed again by Piccolo. And let's not get into the enviromental ramifications of destroying the moon.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

neoritter wrote:Yes the moon magically reappeared and was destroyed again by Piccolo. And let's not get into the enviromental ramifications of destroying the moon.
Its just one of those things that happens when you have a different writing team for each of the three series. As good as DBZ was I felt it ignored too much from the original series "which seemed to be more magic Slayers era type of anime and DBZ went the Sci-fi direction" and Dragon Ball GT just out right annoyed me with its utter lack of concern for continuity. "Roshi was 300 years old in the original series so why all of a sudden is everyone getting really old really quik and dieing off?"
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I hate DBZ it has no real story to it.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Jessie-Simone
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shewolf
Mood: Happy

Post by Jessie-Simone »

:) I think werewolf is better in full forum of a wolf.
Thanks to Sae-Kurosawa
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

to me, full wolf forms are just good for like mystical fantasy and things like that. A Gestalt I prefer cause its more fitting for action and horror. Plus I was hoping that in freeborn would have more gestlats than full wolf cause you never see a gestalt thats all good, but a full wolf you have.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Amarok
Pack Member
Pack Member

Post by Amarok »

A werewolf is not a wolf who turned into a human its a human turned into a wolf so it should be born in human form for that is the original form of the mother.
Amarok the wolf spirit will watch over you...

I am a writer what are you??
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

Depends. If we're talking about werewolves who generally stay in half form, then they should have half form babies. But if they are normally in human form, they should have human form babies and so on.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend