After puberty, better transformation control?

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

I think the idea of werewolf children is perfectly reasonable, and not bad at all. Sure, some people don't like it, but that's really more of a preference thing, not so much a logic thing.

I think a child born as a werewolf would be able to change easily and control their TFs, and as Terastas said, better than an adult bitten werewolf.

As far as children who are bitten, this is what I think. I think they would have as much difficulty controlling it as an adult who has been bitten, but after a year or so (or however long it takes an adult to adjust to TFing) they would be able to control it as well. Unless of course they die. Though I'm not really inclined toward the idea of people dying from the bite, because what if they did an autopsy on the person who died? Lycanthropy exposed to the world. I'm more in favor of them getting really really sick at first, and then if the full moon was shortly after, their first TF would help their health get better, but if it was a few weeks away, they'd have to get better on their own.

I am not opposed to children TFing. Of course, they would have to be wearing clothes and the clothes would rip. Child TFs would have to be carefully done, so as not to do anything dirty. I guess a reasonable solution would be to not show the actual TF, but maybe have the kid disappear for a few minutes and then burst into the room later, a snarling, pint-sized, canine monster. Small things can be scary. Those scary little dinosaurs from Jurassic Park? The gremlins? Yeah, small things can definitely be scary.

I think that if a mother is pregnant, and she TFs, her child would TF too. There is no scientific basis for this, but I think it's an easy and fairly logical solution to pregnancy complications. When I say that it's fairly logical, what I mean is I don't think anyone would leave the theather shouting "That's not logical!! They have no scientific basis for that!!" Especially not when they chose to go see a WEREWOLF movie in the first place.

Obviously, there is no actual way to decide any of this from a scientific point of view, so I think we should just go with whatever is best for the plot.
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Excelsia wrote: I am not opposed to children TFing. Of course, they would have to be wearing clothes and the clothes would rip. Child TFs would have to be carefully done, so as not to do anything dirty. I guess a reasonable solution would be to not show the actual TF, but maybe have the kid disappear for a few minutes and then burst into the room later, a snarling, pint-sized, canine monster. Small things can be scary. Those scary little dinosaurs from Jurassic Park? The gremlins? Yeah, small things can definitely be scary.

I woud like to expound on my own comment. If a child in gestalt form is shown, sheaths and all other distinctive sexual features should be omitted. Excess fur there could take care of that problem. Plus, a kid's penis isn't that big anyway, so it wouldn't be much of a problem. Or they could be partially dressed or something.

Some people will disagree with me, but my reasoning comes from the audience point of view. If they see a little canine penis on a gestalt form child, that will likely freak them out. If it is omitted, I don't think it'll bother them too much, and in fact they may be relieved. Sure, it's a little illogical, but sometimes it's necessary to be illogical to satisfy audience desires.

So I say if the plot calls for a child werewolf in gestalt form, go for it!! But no genitals, or have them covered.

(Or the child could be female. No breasts would be present, cause she probably wouldn't have 'em yet, fur completely covering vulva, as it would in an adult female.)
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

As far as Freeborn goes, I do believe ABrownrigg made it clear earlier that no underage werewolves will be appearing, so you don't have to worry about that kind of thing in the movie.

-- Vilkacis
Renorei
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Renorei »

Vilkacis wrote:As far as Freeborn goes, I do believe ABrownrigg made it clear earlier that no underage werewolves will be appearing, so you don't have to worry about that kind of thing in the movie.

-- Vilkacis

Coolness. That's good to know. But I'm glad I posted anyway, in the event that some other director or novelist comes along looking for ideas.
Celestialwolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Werewolf at Heart
Additional Details: Used to be Lazywolf

Post by Celestialwolf »

Well, I have read almost the entire thread (that's a lot of reading!), and I have to say that people can be born as werewolves, and if so can shift from birth (though not controlled until age 2 or 3 - like learning how to drink from a cup or walk or whatever. Also, if the mother shifts, the fetus would too (although without any say in the matter) and there would be no harm done to either one).

If a child got bitten, they would be fine because their cells are still fairly new and they could take it.

Also, the longer one has had the ability to shift, the better they are at it (control, shifting without full moon, etc.).

Yeah, so whatever.

Also:
Vuldari wrote:...yup. Teenagers are crazy. :wink:
Yeah, we are. So what? Who decided sanity was the best course to follow? I'll bet it was the sane... :lol:
Founder, Werewolves At Heart group.
--
My DeviantArt profile and Character Sheet
howlbigbadwolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by howlbigbadwolf »

Well i feel as though a young kid could turn in to a werewolf but the parents as smart as they are, and will give the child wolfbane or tell him that its vitamines to keep his bones strong. The bane would be strong enough to last for a few week to help supress the werewolf urges. That seems to be a somewhat of a safe box idea. What do you guys think. Pluse like most people said the transformation would kill most kids, i thinking about a 20% survival rate. :shift:
I live for the Moon
If you love werewolfs and Comics http://www.alphaluna.net/index.php
http://www.peteristhewolf.com/adult/home.html