Glowing Eyes

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Do they glow? and how?

Normal reflective eyes, eye-shine
80%
No eye-shine at all, human eyes
2%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
4%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
14%

Total votes: 50

neoritter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Dogfighter

Post by neoritter »

Lupin wrote:
neoritter wrote:Its not because they have the ability to see in the dark. Its because of the configuration of rods and cones in their eyes that allow them to see in the dark that causes the reflection.
Actually the reflection has nothing to do with rods and cones, it's caused by a layer called the tapetum lucidum, who's only purpose is to reflect light back at the retina to improve night vision (though at stronger levels, the retina itself will reflect light.)
Woops! Got confused for a second there. My point is still getting acrossed though.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

neoritter wrote:This is a wolf not a squid. This random s*** has to be created from nothing. Which you can't make matter from nothing without a whole lot of energy.
You are a hard person to read. One moment you're stuck on the mytical folklore side, the next a purely biological side.

The werewolf is a creature that never existed, mixing in features to make those not found in either species. In fact some biological scientists believe that the codes for everything possible can be found in the DNA of all species.

There is no telling what strange extra features may mutate into the werewolf when trying to combine such different life forms as humans and wolves. For all we know attempting such a thing could result in makeing the third eye (light sensitive spot in the top of the brain for higher life forms but an actual eye on lower ones) visible. Awakeing some archaic un-used strands of DNA not seen since our common ancestors had scales.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
neoritter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neoritter »

Rhuen wrote: There is no telling what strange extra features may mutate into the werewolf when trying to combine such different life forms as humans and wolves. For all we know attempting such a thing could result in makeing the third eye (light sensitive spot in the top of the brain for higher life forms but an actual eye on lower ones) visible. Awakeing some archaic un-used strands of DNA not seen since our common ancestors had scales.
See what you are saying here is called bullshit science. There is always a slight chance, about the same chance as me getting hit 25 times by lightning when I walk out my building in about ten minutes from now. People have crossed animal species before. There is a genetically altered monkey that glows in the dark. We know what our DNA and other animals DNA is like now. A werewolf would never have any form of biolumnescence because neither a human or a wolf have it. Pure and simple. Restate "for all we know" for "for all I know".
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

mapping the genome and knowing what all the little bits of it do is not the same thing.

We have no clue what happens when we mix things around. Take the corn for example, they thought they could just alter one little thing, which set off a domino effect creating an allergin that wasn't there before.

and its not BS science when it involves things we can't know. We can alter this or that but in the end we are still in the dark about what the long term effects are, or what would happen if a major change were to be made.
neoritter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neoritter »

Your a little behind in the times then. Scientists have created mice in which 2% of their brain cells are human. And there are goats that have human blood flowing through them in China. Genetics has progressed significantly since we mapped out the human genome years ago.
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Rhuen »

Then I want them to put the Reflectin protein in somethings eyes and see if it actually can improve night vision.

I must surmise all these human/animal crossing are out-side the USA. As our not so wise minded government has issues even with using animal egg-cells to host human embryos. the only thing that would have been animal in the fetus would have been its mitochondria.

But all that is a far cry from a werewolf.
neoritter
Legendary
Legendary

Post by neoritter »

Rhuen wrote:Then I want them to put the Reflectin protein in somethings eyes and see if it actually can improve night vision.

I must surmise all these human/animal crossing are out-side the USA. As our not so wise minded government has issues even with using animal egg-cells to host human embryos. the only thing that would have been animal in the fetus would have been its mitochondria.

But all that is a far cry from a werewolf.
The human brain cells in the lab mice was done in I think Oxford. And the goats were on a ranch in Idaho or some other mid-western state. While there are supposed rumors of actual organs being attempted in pigs in China. Where they did it isn't really the point.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Reflective eyes. They heighten night vision and look cool.

Glowing eyes only make you look cool, but they make it easier for others to see you, not the other way around.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

Aki wrote:
Glowing eyes only make you look cool, but they make it easier for others to see you, not the other way around.
like those goggles on Splinter Cell :splinterwolf:
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Timber-WoIf wrote:
Aki wrote:
like those goggles on Splinter Cell :splinterwolf:
Yeah I always wondered about that when playing splinter cell. I only played the first one, but it was cool at first but then it got old quick.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image