Werewolf possibility limitations.

This is the place for discussion and voting on various aspects of werewolf life, social ideas, physical appearance, etc. Also a place to vote on how a werewolf should look.

Werewolf limitations on abilities/features

Only what is present in wolves/humans
24%
Only what is biologically possible for mammals
15%
2 - Doesn’t really care either way
3%
3 - They’re pretty cool I guess, but they aren’t an obsession
24%
4 - I like werewolves a lot but wouldn’t want to become one
21%
Report the incident to your pack’s leaders and let them decide what to do
3%
Magic, what ever, so long as the overall effect is a werewolf
9%
Werewolves are scientifically impossible and I shouldn't be here as I am a stick in the mud.
3%

Total votes: 34

Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Werewolf possibility limitations.

Post by Rhuen »

As I am getting sick and tired of this appearing in every thread recently (because of people who know who they are) I feel a poll like this may be needed.

The purpose is, how do you want to limit the abilities of YOUR perfect werewolf.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Well in my oppinion a werewolf should have access to only abilities that either a wolf or a human has. A cross of these abilities seem more then sufficient to support its monsterous power and cunning.

In other words I don't think werewolves need magical powers or .....attributes of a(n) ....<insert>

:shift:
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.
Mood: Indifferent

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

I often associate werewolves with hammerspace science, so my opinion isn't really relevant to begin with.
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

That depends on the setting of the story it's in, really. I just want it to be plausible within that.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

1. I don't have a single idea of a "Perfect" werewolf.

2. The answer that feels the most natural and commonly preferable to me does not quite fit any of these answers.

I like to Follow Physics and biology as much as is possible...BUT...

...I also have effects and features that I prefer to have that are not "Plausable" according to accepted scientific theories.

Therefore, for non-magical werewolves, I prefer that one tries to find the smallest and most believable possible way to bend-reality in order to make the desired effects possible to some acceptable degree, so that it appears to be completely scientificly sound...even if it really isn't.

...but other times, I like to just throw logic and science to the wind and allow for characters to change to any shape, size or form that can be imagined...from 2-inch mice, to 8-foot werewolves, to 50-foot dragons...
as slowly or quickly as the story demands.

ALL OF THE ABOVE exept that last one...
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

Vuldari wrote: ...but other times, I like to just throw logic and science to the wind and allow for characters to change to any shape, size or form that can be imagined...from 2-inch mice, to 8-foot werewolves, to 50-foot dragons...
as slowly or quickly as the story demands.
Agreed.

I voted for the second to last, but I think every option fits my ideals every now and then. And no, of course not the last option.
Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets

Post by MoonKit »

I want it to be reasonable. I voted for the one with the mammals. So that way they can still be strong and intelligent and scary hunters but not superhuman. Though, let me just add in that I believe the typical human can do small amounts of magic, so add that in with mammals for me.
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Who voted for the last option? :?
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Damn I was just about to ask the same thing.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
Rhuen
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Dark One of the Moon

Post by Rhuen »

For my own vote, I stated magic, but still basically a wolf/human.
While I may ponder ifs and this or that for freaky mutant werewolves or god wolves. The common perfect (best fits my own idea of a werewolf) utilizes a magical transformation (so can break a few physics laws like conservation of mass) and become eight feet tall or so. but overall while maybe a rare few could do some magic, like humans in the same world the majority would be limited to the same limitations of wolves and humans only bigger and stronger.

PS: I didn't think anyone would actaully vote the last one.
??

But a none of the above vote seemed necisary for this type of poll.
when I look in the mirror what looks back isn't always my reflection.
neoritter
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Dogfighter

Post by neoritter »

Vuldari wrote: I like to Follow Physics and biology as much as is possible...BUT...

...I also have effects and features that I prefer to have that are not "Plausable" according to accepted scientific theories.

Therefore, for non-magical werewolves, I prefer that one tries to find the smallest and most believable possible way to bend-reality in order to make the desired effects possible to some acceptable degree, so that it appears to be completely scientificly sound...even if it really isn't.
I can agree with this. The last option really is moot, I would venture to pick it but, that has to be somewhat thrown aside to actually talk about werewolves biologically. I voted the first one. As werewolves are supposed to be humans with the ability (voluntary or not) into wolves. Aside that I think the hybrid is not correct and should be omitted, if we include a hybrid, it should be a combination or middle ground between what a human can do and what a wolf can.
JoshuaMadoc
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: HERO OF NIGHTMARES
Additional Details: I just don't care.

Post by JoshuaMadoc »

Set wrote:Who voted for the last option? :?
Err... That... was me. :ducktoss3:
StarDancer
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by StarDancer »

I voted for the Magic, but still wolf/human option.
I tend to stick with the biological and physically possible...most of the time.

But sometimes Ill break a few of the laws of physics for my oppinion.

I dont like physics class anyway... :P
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

physicall limitations .......definately.......if the were can physically do it then its possible.. :)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Limits

Post by RedEye »

Well, certain things are pretty much set in stone: A Werewolf can't be stronger than his/her skeleton will allow, normally. While they may heal almost instantly, repeated injuries will tire them out, perhaps even to a panic reversal. I suspect thet as Metamorphs, they would have a rather high energy demand system, sp they'd have to perhaps double the amount of calories taken in, relative to a non-were', just to keep from losing weight.
A Werewolf would most likely have some forms of his/her "Wolfishness" as permanent modifications to his/ her body; that makes sense from a biological standpoint. My opinion is feet, teeth, ears, eyesight, and perhaps a sort of "stub tail" as permanent modifications to the Were's body...they can all be hidden, if needed.
What would probably be the most likely form of permanent modification would be the Mindset, since that doesn't require any energy to set up or take down. A Werewolf would (if not the Psychotic-standard) probably be socially dependant (needing the company of other Were's), heirarchical, (Just like humans and wolves) deeply bonding (Wolves) and careful as a long tailed cat in a room full of rockers (Human).
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...