Insanity Test

The place for anything at all...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Noa wrote:Yeah, Aliens was a whole lot better than Alien to me too, but what about AVP, Figarou? *shudders*

It had so much potential :cry:

Yes, I was disappointed with AVP. Maybe AVP2 could be better.

As the saying goes..... "You learn from your mistakes."
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

Yeah, I'm hoping that AVP2 will be better, but I'm not getting my hopes up. That happened with the first one, and I left the movie theater really pissed off... :x

I hope they get Stan Winston to do the Predators this time.. :wink:
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Meh, it seems people are too wussy to actually LET a side win in most versus movies.

Frankly, if one side wins, even narrowly, it makes me respect the filmmakers at least somewhat. As they didn't wuss out and go the "Its a draw!" way. :P

AVP was ruined by the humans being there. And the pure stupidity of the Preds.

I mean, you got a spear that resists the acids of the aliens, but you don't make an armor out of it? Wheres the locig there? Do they WANT to die?
Nor were the wristblades acid-resistant.

Any way you look a tit, every one lost. All the aliens died, all the preds at went in the place died, all the humans save the girl died, and shes gonna die anyways. She's freakin' stranded out there.
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I Bite, You've Been Warned ^_^

Post by silverpaw »

you got me wrong i didnt mean sequels i meant remakes like physco and stuff... AVP had a heap of potentiol i still liked it but it wasnt that great. i have the alien quadrilogy :lol: and the first one bored me the second ruled :o the third was ok and the fourth was sweet :lol: ( and yes they are freaky) im 14 i watched them alone an the dark i was freaked :lol: *shudders*

and im pretty sure there is an alien 5 in production...i hopes its good ill post a link if i can find one :lol:

Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

The whole acid melting the metal really pissed me off, I used to read the comics and the predator's metal never melted...

And the queen didn't even die; if aliens can be frozen and survive in space then they're gonna survive underwater... it seems like the people who made the movie didn't like the predators..

In all respect all the human should've been slaughtered (unless the Colonial Marines were there), the whole "the enemy of my enemy, is my friend" bit just ruined the whole thing... Predators don't ally themselves with humans.

As for Aliens 5, I hope to god it's better than Alien Resurrection... I wasn't too impressed with it at all..
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

One thing I didn't like about AVP was when the alien busted out of the Predator. I was like HUH? ??

When these Predators get suriously injured or cornered by thousands of Aliens, they detonate that nuclear device of thiers. Why didn't that one with the egg inside itself do that?
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

Well earlier on he set it and detached it from his arm (apparently they can do this now) and threw it into one of the egg chambers.

What got me was that the predators didn't scan the remains of their fallen comrade... you would think with aliens around they would have done that ??

I guess they had to leave it open for a sequel..
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Noa wrote:
In all respect all the human should've been slaughtered (unless the Colonial Marines were there), the whole "the enemy of my enemy, is my friend" bit just ruined the whole thing... Predators don't ally themselves with humans.
Preds tend to disregard humans who give no threat. I geuss the Pred who sided with the human was getting desparate, and figured the human proved herself a worthy hunter. Kinda.
Well earlier on he set it and detached it from his arm (apparently they can do this now) and threw it into one of the egg chambers
One would hope they could remove their armor. :P
When these Predators get suriously injured or cornered by thousands of Aliens, they detonate that nuclear device of thiers. Why didn't that one with the egg inside itself do that?
Well, like the others, he was a idiot of a predator. :oops:
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

hehehe fair point by everyone tis true the script had holes in it you could fit a semi trailer through(with fig driving :lol: ) ....there was a comic :o sweet.

the "supposed death" of the queen sucked considering at the start of the movie it was frozen anyway, leaving another option for a sequel someone finds it...somehow :lol: .

It would really suck if they couldnt detach the bomb but wasnt it a like suacide lastr resort thing not throw and run? or was the pred just a complete candy-a$$ :lol:

And the teaming with a human was lame (Just Die Dammit) he should have killed her affter the disruption( he was gunna kill her)

Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

The thing about it is that they change the whole Predator culture around their weak-a** plot...

You're right Silverpaw the self-destruct is in fact a self-destruct, you're not suppose to be able to detact it at all... you either fight to live or die and take out everything around you in the process...

The Predators can remove their armor but if the writers had stuck to the original story, they wouldn't have had to (seeing as how their metal is acid resistant and all that), another thing is the predator took off his mask to mark himself wtf! They don't do that, ever..

If they had stuck to original story line, the movie would have been so much better, but alas they didn't :(

The comic might be had to get a hold of it's been out ever since Predator 2 came out so yeah...

I'm not try to start a heated debate over the movie and I'm not mad, it's just that it really hurts to see that much potenial wasted...
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

yah tell me about it. i really dislike scriptwriters these days its so UNORIGANAL :x its just remakes old storylines or japanese copies :x CAN they think of nothing but a pay cheque? :x so many good movies turned to crap , it sucks thats why i try to write my own scripts (none completed) :lol: so yah Dammit hollywood :lol: movie guys :lol:

lonewolf16

Post by lonewolf16 »

:x ok, that was so not funny, i have that ringtone and it gets so annoying....
*Lonewolf16*
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

ok what ring tone? im confused again :(

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

outwarddoodles wrote:As I said he just doesn't have the experaince.
And our current president does?

Actually, I could see the Republicans trying to run Arnold for president. Their only policy is to stay in power, which they go about by:

A) Either dig up or make up enough crap to make the Democratics look just as bad as the Republicans.
B) Find somebody with a big smile and a small IQ to look good for the public and take orders from the corporate big-wigs.

Arnold in 2008? Of course I could see that -- Arnold could very well be the only Republican in the world dumber than George W. He's perfect!
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

well in kinder words...mmeh you worded it right but harsh man harsh stupider than George.W?? is that possible? i feel sorry for him now :lol:

Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Figarou wrote:Yes, I was disappointed with AVP. Maybe AVP2 could be better.

As the saying goes..... "You learn from your mistakes."
Apart from Aliens, Shrek 2 and The Rescuers Down Under, has any sequel ever been better than the original?
Vilkacis
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vilkacis »

Terastas wrote:Apart from Aliens, Shrek 2 and The Rescuers Down Under, has any sequel ever been better than the original?
I'm assuming you're only talking about movies, here.

I would argue the list probably contains quite a few more items than those mentioned, but I would agree that in the recent past, at least, a decent sequel has become exceedingly hard to come by.

-- Vilkacis
Stone Wolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Stone Wolf »

People don't necessarily learn from their mistakes at least not in CA....

Dumber that Bush? That's gotta hurt....

Well at least Arnold hasn't started a war... yet...
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Heh, they made a music video with that crazy frog. (The annoying thing)

http://gprime.net/video.php/bassbumpers

ding!! ding!!! :D
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Figarou wrote:Heh, they made a music video with that crazy frog. (The annoying thing)

http://gprime.net/video.php/bassbumpers

ding!! ding!!! :D

As annoying as that "crazy frog" sound it, that music video was AWSOME!!!!

Ding Ding
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: Image

As annoying as that "crazy frog" sound it, that music video was AWSOME!!!!

Ding Ding

It sure was!!! I can't get that tune out of my head now!! :lol:

Ding!! Ding!! :D
Rogue_A
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Der amerikanische Steppenwolf

Post by Rogue_A »

Whoa....that was a wild music video. The tune is now stuck in my head too. :lol:
"In fear I hurried this way and that. I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, the one as hateful as the other."-Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
silverpaw
Legendary
Legendary

Post by silverpaw »

hehehe ding ding thast awesome :D:D:D i put it on my mobile :lol:

outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

Oh, thats annoying. I found the original car thing funny as can be but the frog music video I did not like.

*Ding Ding* ARG!!!
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

outwarddoodles wrote:Oh, thats annoying. I found the original car thing funny as can be but the frog music video I did not like.

*Ding Ding* ARG!!!
:lol:

What you originally posted was annoying.

But I can't believe the same character in a music video is now annoying to you. I'm glad to return the favor!!

Ding Ding! :D