What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Panzer Division Morkulv
Mood: RAR!

'Rare'-games

Post by Morkulv »

Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

and how could we forget Goldeneye for the n64. Did they do Perfect Dark as well? Because the first is still way better than zero
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Is that so? Unfortunately I don't own a XBox 360 (yet), so I cant judge about that. But I did like the original Perfect Dark for the N64 (although Goldeneye was still better in my opinion). :D
Scott Gardener wrote: I'd be afraid to shift if I were to lose control. If I just looked fuggly, I'd simply be annoyed every full moon.
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Still haven't beaten Perfect Dark fo N64 :(

Haven't figured out how to kill final boss yet, Although I think I like Perfect Dark better than Goldeneye
My real online handle is Derutydragon
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Morkulv wrote:Is that so? Unfortunately I don't own a XBox 360 (yet), so I cant judge about that. But I did like the original Perfect Dark for the N64 (although Goldeneye was still better in my opinion). :D
and once you get it you better get gears of war!
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise

Post by Kaebora »

I hope I'm not the only one that liked Banjo Kazooie. The sequel to that game sucked though. That was basically my pasttime in the mid-90s along with Ocarina of Time on the N64 (not a Rare game though).
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Unfortunately I always that Banjo Kazooie was creepy. Sorta freaked me out when I was younger.

Though I do remember there was one level I played that I particularly enjoyed. That one level with the baby polar bear sitting in front of the select zone. I smashed that polar bear about 20 times :D However it turns out doing that gave me extra lives :lol:
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

Any of you ever play Burning Rangers on the SATURN?
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Short Tail wrote:and how could we forget Goldeneye for the n64. Did they do Perfect Dark as well? Because the first is still way better than zero
Aye.

Awesome games. I still have fond memories of the Facility level in Goldeneye's multiplayer, and mining several hallways full of remote mines. :lol:
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

deruty wrote:Still haven't beaten Perfect Dark fo N64 :(

Haven't figured out how to kill final boss yet, Although I think I like Perfect Dark better than Goldeneye
what you do is you keep shooting the alien queen and when she knells down under the alter shoot any of the 5 pointely pillers things above here EXPECT THE MIDDLE ONE when you have destroyed all the 4 other pillers you repeat and then you shoot the middle piller which will impale the queen if done succesfuly, each piller needs to be shot more then 1 so keep shooting it untel it is destroyed but remember! it only works when teh queen is kneeling and recharging here shields
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Ahhh....now I need to go find it again XD
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Lukas wrote:

what you do is you keep shooting the alien queen and when she knells down under the alter shoot any of the 5 pointely pillers things above here EXPECT THE MIDDLE ONE when you have destroyed all the 4 other pillers you repeat and then you shoot the middle piller which will impale the queen if done succesfuly, each piller needs to be shot more then 1 so keep shooting it untel it is destroyed but remember! it only works when teh queen is kneeling and recharging here shields
Right...except don't even bother shooting at the queen with your good ammo (don't waste rockets on her). It is invulnerable. Shooting the pillars with explosives is the only way to win.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

As I said in another thread, Rare's the developer that's tempting me to pick up an XBox 360 with their title Viva Pinata. I'm not about to buy a system just for one title, but if Microsoft can prove they're offering more than just one good title and a bunch of generic shooters, racers and PS2 titles this time around, I may set my I-hate-Bill-Gates soapbox aside for now. :wink:
deruty
Legendary
Legendary

Post by deruty »

Vuldari wrote:
Lukas wrote:

Right...except don't even bother shooting at the queen with your good ammo (don't waste rockets on her). It is invulnerable. Shooting the pillars with explosives is the only way to win.

Hey thanks guys I finally beat the game :howl:  :oo
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

my faveriot games by them

banjo kazooie(N64)
banjo tooie(N64)
Perfect dark(N64)
Perfect dark: zero(xbox 360)

I did not personally like conkers bad fur-day, mainly because there are too many bad jokes.
Morkulv
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Morkulv »

Searif Bogard wrote: I did not personally like conkers bad fur-day, mainly because there are too many bad jokes.
Hahaha, I thought it was cool, but mainly because its not really humor, but just drunk situations... The scarecrow "mister scarecrow Birdy" is my favorite character in that game. Just because he's such a drunk bastard and just gives you incomplete information. I.e. if you stand on a button and press B, Conker will ask "What does that mean?" he will just say "It means... context sensative. Its sensative... to context". :lol: I've got the remake-version for the XBox (with a nice off and online multiplayer), wich has stunning graphics (Rare is the master of graphics).
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

Fenrir wrote: and once you get it you better get gears of war!
Damn, damn, DAMN right!
Spend almost the whole weekend playing it co-op with a friend, awesomeness!