Gears of War

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Gears of War

Post by twirrlacurl »

This games is out for Xbox 360 everywhere except japan, i do believe. And it's going to kick Halo out of the water. Personally I think it looks better than Halo, there's no stupid flood. Check it out. Click on the one that says "Video Review"

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/ ... ids_1.html
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

I got it last friday and it's absolutely kickass! Never was the interaction with your surroundings which offers you cover that perfect. Although it's splitscreen when playing the co-op together with a friend, it's SO much fun! In my opinion, halo sucks big time compared to gears of war.

Got a xbox360? Then get. this. game.

btw: I like your avatar. It's from dog soldiers, isn't it? Took my quite by suprise, as I bought a hoodie once from 'born from pain' which featured the song 'hour of the wolf' and had this image printed on the front.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I never played gears of war, but right now I like Resistance better in terms of style and the story.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

it is fun. the combat style is definatly unique, and refreshing. But it is by far no Halo killer. Multiplayer was too weak. really only has 4v4 deathmatch. Coop is awsome, but the campaign has only so much replayability. if it had a FFA versus mode, or CTF, or SOMETHING other than deathmatch, it would be alot cooler.

you need xbox live to enjoy most xbox games to thier fullest.
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Timber-WoIf wrote:it is fun. the combat style is definatly unique, and refreshing. But it is by far no Halo killer. Multiplayer was too weak. really only has 4v4 deathmatch. Coop is awsome, but the campaign has only so much replayability. if it had a FFA versus mode, or CTF, or SOMETHING other than deathmatch, it would be alot cooler.

only 4 on 4? Just deathmatch? That sucks. Oh well, I bet the story is a blast to play anyway, I heard some people say its a Halo killer, but from what you told me of the multiplayer, I doubt it. They should have atleast added CTF. I love CTF. Thats why I persoanly believe Resistance is better, you can have about 50 people in one room!
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

its teh Killer app for Xbox360, but not a halo killer
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
wolf_onmitsu
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: I have no clue what's going on

Post by wolf_onmitsu »

Timber-WoIf wrote:it is fun. the combat style is definatly unique, and refreshing. But it is by far no Halo killer. Multiplayer was too weak. really only has 4v4 deathmatch. Coop is awsome, but the campaign has only so much replayability. if it had a FFA versus mode, or CTF, or SOMETHING other than deathmatch, it would be alot cooler.

I think the multiplayer is great! There are three different kinds of deathmatch. They could've had a FFA, but I dont think the multiplayer is weak. I love it.

I was playing Halo for the longest time. I think that GoW is almost as good. The campaign in GoW was deffinatly better and more enjoyable to play, and (i believe) the multiplayer is just as enjoyable as Halo, but I guess if you love objective games other than just deathmatch the multiplayer might not appeal to you as much. Idk, depends on the person I guess. :|
The multiplayer in Halo is better though for more variety in matches to play. And just fun.
I think that even if it isn't a Halo Killer it still is one of the best games I've ever played.

Yes, Xbox live is required to actually enjoy most games. I have XBL and yeah......fun!
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
U HAVE A 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WITH XBOX LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

msg me: Timber WoIf

btw, i never said the game sucked. i just said it wux no halo killer. still, i've always been one to like bigger maps and bigger parties. Either way, i've beeN neglecting all my othe rgames sense i got it.

XD PISTOL-WHIPPING IS FUN XD

Image<--- THEY PWN U
wolf_onmitsu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf_onmitsu »

Timber-WoIf wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

btw, i never said the game sucked. i just said it wux no halo killer. still, i've always been one to like bigger maps and bigger parties. Either way, i've beeN neglecting all my othe rgames sense i got it.

Yes, I have a 360 and XBL

I no you werent saying the game sucked, I just kinda gave my opinion on the game, basing my opinoin on your own opinion of the multiplayer

I just kinda like it better than Halo right now..........(that sounds soo weird to me cuz I never liked anything other than halo)

Ill msg ya...
gamertag=URAboogerhead, just to let ya know
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

wolf_onmitsu wrote:
Timber-WoIf wrote:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yes, I have a 360 and XBL

I no you werent saying the game sucked, I just kinda gave my opinion on the game, basing my opinoin on your own opinion of the multiplayer

I just kinda like it better than Halo right now..........(that sounds soo weird to me cuz I never liked anything other than halo)

Ill msg ya...
gamertag=URAboogerhead, just to let ya know
You never liked anything other than Halo? Thats wierd. :? Talk about Halo freak. Ill kill you on Halo for PC. :D
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

CHAINSAWS.....ON THE GUNS!!!!!!!!! :howl:  :oo
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Chainsaw on gun? Lame. :lol:
Image Image
wolf_onmitsu
Legendary
Legendary

Post by wolf_onmitsu »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Chainsaw on gun? Lame. :lol:
heh..no....not lame...kik @$$!!!!
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

No no... screw Halo and screw the flood. I'd rather just fight covenant all the time. The flood don't even fight and you have to kill each one ten times over. I really dislike that game becuase of them, otherwise its a good game.
Meet me on the tee, it's going down. Meet me on the green it's going down. Anywhere you meet me guaranteed its going down.
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

the flood wuz a different type of enemy, your tactics need to change to beat those missions easily

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

The floods wasnt so bad.
Image Image
Miragh
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: full moon addict

Post by Miragh »

The levels with the flood sure are. Bridge, bunker, bridge, bunker, bridge, bunker, GIMME A BREAK! I stopped playing halo right there, it was repetition not fun at all.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Well you better get use to it becuase the floods are gonna be involved alot more in the third one than the first two.
Image Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

u dun have to kill all the flood. just blow through. =P

anyway, the most annoying glitches in GoW are
-invulnerability when chainsawing
-cover protecting from explosives, even when both the player and the grenade are ON THE SAME @#%$$% SIDE
-getting stuck on walls so that you cant move.
-not being able to jump, because of nearby cover.
-picking up ammo instread of reviving teamates. (need to prioritize actons)

Image<--- THEY PWN U
twirrlacurl
Legendary
Legendary

Post by twirrlacurl »

Yeah that's the only problem, what's the fun if you have to blow through the levels? Besides the flood creep me out and it sounds like they are saying "BRAINS" all the time. I found the best way to beat those levels is have someone play with you, it makes it oooo so much more fun....and less creepy.

I did hear bad things about multiplayer tho in GoW. That's a bummer.

Anyways.... they both look B.A., I just wish i had an xbox 360 :cry:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Not to mention the single player campaign you can blow off in one day if your a veteran shooter. It seems to me like this game is only worthy for a rental.
Image Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

were you actually playing single player, or co-op?
and did you have it on easy, you silly newb? (j/k)

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I never play any game on easy. Its always on normal or higher.
Image Image
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

The game is banned in Germany! :o
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Fenrir wrote:The game is banned in Germany! :o
Probably because it reminds them to much of the battle Berlin. :lol:
Image Image