WereWolf Link??...

The place for anything at all...
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

WereWolf Link??...

Post by Vuldari »

In a purely speculative article by the media news site IGN, the editors mentioned a rumor and opinion about the possibility that LINK in the upcoming "Legend of Zelda" game for GameCube could, (or Should), become a Werewolf.

The rumor, (Read article), is based upon the eerie ending of the latest teaser video for the game.

Allthough I don't find this possibility very likely, I can't help but get shivers of pure joy at the thought of it.

...two of my favorite things...The Legend of Zelda and Werewolves...

...could it be true?...:hsup ...or is the wolf just an insignificant background character?... :(

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Executive Producer (Red Victoria)

Post by Figarou »

Remarkable!! :D
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

It wouldn't surprise me. Link underwent multiple transformations that made even less sense in Majora's Mask. Compared to Deku Link, a werewolf form wouldn't actually be all that strange.

If the rumors are true, that's my theory: that becomming a werewolf will just be an element of strategic gameplay.
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

That would be pretty cool... 8)

Oddlly, Firefox can seem to lpoad a 'plugin' for the video, and can't find a suitable one.

so i can't watch the video.

Crappy firefox... <.<
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Linking with the wolf within

Post by Scott Gardener »

The wolf seems to have been put in for effect. There's nothing to suggest that it's Link, an encounter he faces in the game, or simply a cool effect. However, I doubt it's Link as a werewolf. That may just be wish fulfillment on the part of the lycanthropophilic. We can only guess what it is, but I'd have to consider Link as a werewolf one of the low probability explanations.

You have to be wary of rumors. For example, there's this rumor that in the upcoming Star Wars movie that a young pupil of Obi Wan by the name of Darth Vader betrays and murders Anikin Skywalker. I'll believe it when I see it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
CrewWolf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by CrewWolf »

I've never played any of the Legend of Zelda games, nor do I have a gamecube, but I suspect that the wolf is basically simply a background thing and is highly unlikely to be a werewolf at all. But wow that teaser is cool. Makes me wish I had a gamecube.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Honestly, I don't really think that there is much hope for this being true, even considering all the transformation based game mechanics there were in Majoras Mask, but I was really shocked when I read the end of that article (bottom of the second page) and found that not only was there a rumor about this, but it is apparently a popular rumor. 8)

I must admit that, by the way the clip with the wolf looks, I wouldn't be at all suprised if the wolf never even appears as an interactive element in the game, but is rather just part of the dramatic intro sequence...a mood setter, as it were. :|
Aki wrote:That would be pretty cool... 8)

Oddlly, Firefox can seem to lpoad a 'plugin' for the video, and can't find a suitable one.

so i can't watch the video.

Crappy firefox... <.<
That's weird. I'm running Firefox and I can see it fine. Are you sure you have the latest versions of both Firefox and Windows Media Player?
...also. If the video wont play in the browser window, click the "Left Click to Download" link at the bottom and then "Right click to Save" and download it dirrectly to your computer so you can watch it.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Jakkal
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Jakkal »

Well I figured I'd bump this up, though I'm sure most of you have heard - Link is a werewolf in this game. But it's more in the classical 'turn into a four legged wolf during inopportune moments' kinda werewolfism.
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Jakkal wrote:Well I figured I'd bump this up, though I'm sure most of you have heard - Link is a werewolf in this game. But it's more in the classical 'turn into a four legged wolf during inopportune moments' kinda werewolfism.
We already know. :wink:

http://calypso-blue.com/werewolf/viewtopic.php?t=552

Thanks for the heads up anyways. :D
outwarddoodles
Custom Title: I'm here! What more do you want?

Post by outwarddoodles »

I've seen the pictures and all, and I really hope Link ill be a werewolf but heres what I found funny. *Find magizine* Here they got a hole intervei ith the creators but mentioned nothing but one thing about the wolf.

Electronics Gamers Mounthly - We've seen the previews and the logo and there seems to be a wolf, is Link by anychance a werewolf?

Creator - Hmm...sorry, confidental.
"We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream."
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

outwarddoodles wrote:I've seen the pictures and all, and I really hope Link ill be a werewolf but heres what I found funny. *Find magizine* Here they got a hole intervei ith the creators but mentioned nothing but one thing about the wolf.

Electronics Gamers Mounthly - We've seen the previews and the logo and there seems to be a wolf, is Link by anychance a werewolf?

Creator - Hmm...sorry, confidental.
Just in case you don't believe any of the other sources,(for whatever reason), here is the "official" info, dirrect from the source.

Official "Zelda :Twilight Pricness" Facts

...technically, link is not actually a "Werewolf"...but rather, in this game there is a bubble of dark energy which transforms anyone who enters within it's borders into an animal representation of their inner-self...and Link's happens to be that of a Powerful WOLF.

It's still really cool though...
...yup...that's LINK the little girl is riding. (The little gremlin-wizzard thing is named "Minda")

We have allready discussed this game in further detail HERE in the "VideoGames" section.

=^.^'= ~
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

wow, that picture in the first post was awsome there vul, im using it as my backround :lol:
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Vuldari »

Searif Bogard wrote:wow, that picture in the first post was awsome there vul, im using it as my backround :lol:
..."vul"...? That's the first time anyone has ever given me a nick-name. Image

Yeah...I love that pic too. I was using it as my desktop for a while, but eventually it just bothered me too much that the resolution was so low. I searched all over the internet to find a more detailed version of that same image, (preferably without the IGN logo in the corner), but I could not find one. That is as sharp as it gets.

I wonder if that sequence will make it into the final game? (Maybe part of the intro screen, just before the game logo appears?)

WOO!!!!....700th post!!!!!

=^.^'= ~
Figarou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Figarou »

Vuldari wrote: ..."vul"...? That's the first time anyone has ever given me a nick-name. Image

welcome to the club. :D People has been calling me "Fig" for 2 reasons. one, they can't pronounce my name. two, to lazy to type out my whole name. :D

Vuldari wrote:WOO!!!!....700th post!!!!!
heh, 1624 more posts and you'll be where I'm at. :wink: