Et tu, Brute?

What's hot, what's not. General Video Game discussion
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Et tu, Brute?

Post by Aki »

'Et Tu, Brute?' is yet another video on Halo 3 from Bungie. This time, however, it's no trailer or fun little movie, 'Et tu, Brute?' is a video documentary on Bungie's plans for the Covenant's new main race (to replace the Elites since they went and rebelled and all that) - the Brutes. This video features actual game footage, though, of an alpha of the game. So it's not complete in any way shape or form.

Still damn cool though. Makes me alot more amped to fight brutes than I was in halo 2 (where I was always thinking about how they'd berserk and start tossing me around, which isn't too fun). As well as some nifty animations used for Brutes, Elites, and those unlucky enough to be the target of a brute's.. er, brutality.

Right. Enough of sounding like an ad or something - on to the linkage!

Et Tu, Brute?

Hosted on Machinima.com, for ease of watching. Or downloading, if you wanna keep it on your comp. You can find it at Bungie's site or a number of gaming sites, but Bungie's one is beinged use by lots of people. And other sites are loaded with adds and s***.

So, yeah, enjoy. Maybe this'll strike you as cool too. If nothing else this counts as a look in the gameplay, even if alpha-state gameplay.

Edit: Actually, ew. That's small.

Et tu Brute? On Filefront. Larger file, but larger resoluton. For those who have the connection to handle it, and desire a non-tiny version. :P
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Oh man!

HALO 3 looks awesome! and it's not complete yet! all ready the inviroments and characters look flat out awesome! I so can't wait to play it! I WISH BUNGIE WOULD PICK UP THE PACE!!

Any way the brutes in the last game were just irratating, they were very hard to kill and weren't fun to take down like the elites were and like they said in the movie only way to beat them is to fill them with lead. I'm glad they fixed that.

It also gave us information about the game as well. Like they weren't holding back on the blood and gore this time around. just look at the part were they had a brute RIP off a marine's arms! also it shows that master cheif will be fighting on earth at what looks like a military base.
THE GAME

My Armory
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

I don't think it gives much info about levels - Bungie's said thoise are 'sandbox' levels, meaning, levels in which they use to test stuff.

The models impress me though. The untextured one, that is. Since they lack texture, all of that detail is actually part of the model, instead of bump-mapping or some other texture-trickery.

And yeah, having brutes be an interesting enemy is fun. I look forward to the tactics of the 'Brute packs'. And to see lots of unfortunate marines be the subject of brutality, heh.

Oh, and to see more elites kick brute a** - ala the animation with the elite with dual swords.