Post by Timber-WoIf »

Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

*gets nerd glasses on* The Tiberium is so a referance to the Roman empire, which was founded on the River Tiber, so this is obviously saying that you will be starting a new Roman empire OMG W00T!!!! YAY ROME!!! *takes nerd glasses off*
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I'm not a fan RTS but it does look good.
THE GAME

My Armory
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

The first two C&C games in the Tiberium storyline were my favorites of all the RTS games I've played, so this just might be a game that will get me back into the genre again.

(I still have "Mechanical Man" on my MP3 favorites playlist, from the original game soundtrack)

"...I'm a mechanical...I'm a mechanical...I'm a Mechanical MAN..."
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Ashkin-Tyr
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: On the scotch tape of reality, third door to the left.

Post by Ashkin-Tyr »

Ah, Command and Conquer. I played the Tiberian storylines for quite a bit and enjoyed every minute of it. However, I am not much of a RTS person anymore.
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

the best thing about this game is... its coming out for xbox 360!!!!!!!
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Lukas wrote:the best thing about this game is... its coming out for xbox 360!!!!!!!
RTS games are harder to play on a gamepad.

I've never heard of a RTS that didn't play much better with a Keyboard and mouse configuration...especially since you really Need 87 'quick keys' when commanding an entire army at once, and multi-tasking construction, defense and attack.

Playing RTS on a console (without keyboard and mouse support) is a diluted experience, no matter how pretty the graphics look.
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

Vuldari wrote:
Lukas wrote:the best thing about this game is... its coming out for xbox 360!!!!!!!
RTS games are harder to play on a gamepad.

I've never heard of a RTS that didn't play much better with a Keyboard and mouse configuration...especially since you really Need 87 'quick keys' when commanding an entire army at once, and multi-tasking construction, defense and attack.

Playing RTS on a console (without keyboard and mouse support) is a diluted experience, no matter how pretty the graphics look.
yes i know but if you read video game news(i subscribe to OXM) the company that is behind the TW C&C has made a succesful control layout for the gamepad and has used to successful in teh game of LOTR RTS for sbox 360
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Regardless its still not any better than a keyboard, on a keyboard you can set squad numbers for what ever unit, for example all infantries can be squad 1, all tanks can be squad 2, all snipers are squad 3 and etc. Plus you can react faster with a mouse. Any way I love C&C My favorite being Red Alert 2 and Tiberium Sun, Ive never played the first. The problem with Tiberium Sun was that there wasnt much strategy as Red Alert 2 in the single player campaign. Usually you get a certain number of units for the level and you make do with what you have to complete the level and thats it. But this Tiberium Wars is on my watch list.

I have:
Tiberium Sun
Tiberium Sun Firewall
Red Alert 2
Yuris Revenge
Renegade
Generals.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i played that lotr game, and two notes:
-the factions weren't very deep, all the units were pretty basic.
-the controls mad the game playable, but a mouse and keypad would have been 100,000,000,000x better.

but if it comes out for xbox i wont have to by a new pc to play it XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

***firewall? dont you mean firestorm? AND WHY HAVN'T YOU BOUGHT THE FIRST DECADE!?!?!?!?!?!
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Interesting...but I'v been there, done that, and really do have the scars to prove it (as well as the campaign medals and the Bronze Asterisk...)
Stll, for those who haven't really been there, it does look good.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

WOW! That is amazing!! I am a big fan of C&C but I prefer the Red Alert 1 an 2 the most atm, but hell I'm going to try this one when I can get the funds :Jester3: