Chilling Out

The place for anything at all...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Chilling Out

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Assume this has already been posted, my apologies, but I haven't seen it (Or if I have posted in it, we all know my memory is likely not to have retained it).

:lol:

What is your favourite chill out spot, or activity, or music, or situation ... etc?

I will start. I've got a lot of chill out activities, but one of my favourite is either playing guitar on the balcony, when it's a beautiful day and especially evening, or sitting with a close friend or two on the balcony and just talking or looking at the sea, drinking some really refreshing drinks in the evening in summer. When the flies have gone and the mosquitoes haven't yet invaded, and there is no wind, or very little, and we can hear the birds singing and see them flying. Sometimes, we put some good music on.

If it's raining, playing guitar or watching a really good movie or show with the perfect chair, food, temperature, drink etc, or playing a video game with a friend (Old school ones like Donkey Kong and Mario) and laughing.

-----

Yup, that's my chill out. When it's sunny again, I'm gonna ask Andy over to do some chilling out.

:howl:  :oo
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

i really enjoy going to the massage therapist on my days off. then after that i go to this resturant called P.F. Chaings (some of you might have herd of it) i sit up at the bar and eat lunch and drink a pot of hot tea. ............ so good. (and no i dont drink alchol) i sit the bar cause its immediate sitting and the service is freaking awesome from the bartenders. :D
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i shoot people on xbox live. thats about it...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

The Computer Animation Lab at the CNM college. Yep. I'm a geek artist.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

my fave place to chill/hang out? well, i like to hang out at my local comic store, that place rocks! and i also like to chill in my bedroom and draw and stuff. good music always helps, too.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

I love to go shopping. Fav places- Boarders, Best Buy, and the mall :D
Going out to eat is nice.

At home I like to read, nap, watch movies and go on the internet.
I really love it when its snowing and I'm inside reading a book by the fire :D
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

drawing, playing starcraft, or reading a really good book... social situations kinda always make me nervous unless I'm with really good friends so I tend to stay home a lot.
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Reading and walking my older sister's dogs at night. I wish the field was bigger though :(
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself

Post by lupine »

MMMmmm. dunno if you class video games as a hobby or a chill out..
I suppose i do it to kick back a little after work, so it's going in as a chill out, watching films, listening to northern soul, surfing t'internet and for the ultimate relaxation session on a cold wet day.... I like to turn on the vacuum cleaner(nothing pervy.... the sound is a comfort thing), and curl up next to the radiator with a book and BIG mug of coffee.
Last edited by lupine on Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Kzinistzerg wrote:social situations kinda always make me nervous unless I'm with really good friends
Please, tell me to mind my own business, but is this related to anxiety? PM me back if you prefer.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

My favorite spot to chill out is over at my good buddy Ernest's pad. neither of us drink, so our chill-outs are real low-key.

Usually, on weeknights after work or weekends, we get together, chat a bit, then go out, grab fresh food, then return to the house to eat, lounge, and watch movies or play video games on his 8 foot projection screen.

Simple, yet relaxing.
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

Well I have few things, most of which I haven't been able to do for quite some time

1. I love the outdoors, but especially when it's somewhere away from the city. Like Creve Couer Park..*day dreams* I just sit there staring at the calm waters listening to it splash here an there. Every so often you'd see a fish jump out to catch a bug lol

2. Sleeping is always nice, but I try to avoid it much..

3. Drawing is a must daily

4. Watching a good movie or listening to some music..Soft music at time an loud headbanging the next :Jester3:
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

My professor/adviser's office and lab when nobody else is mulling about; our luncheon spot and bullshit hub is rather peaceful. He'll be working, I'll be reading or napping on the lab couch.

Until the inevitable holler ordering me to go get him a cup of joe it's really an amazingly therapeutic sanctuary...
Short Tail
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Resident Chakat

Post by Short Tail »

hmmm, either at my computer, reading, or resting on a slope while snowboarding. All have music involved.
"War is over if you want it to be. Imagine all the people living life in peace." - John & Yoko
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Haha lots of chill out activites! I think I just want to chill right now too. I forgot to add drawing in my room when my desk is completely clean, with a lava lamp or nice yellow lamp on, no lights elsewhere. My room has been styled as an African savanna sort of since I was a kid, so the walls are tan and there are big cats around and green curtains. It's calming.

I like having good music on while doing that and maybe incense burning, doing drawing or something.

And Nacho, comic store for me unfortunately is depressing because they cost so goddamn much, I often walk out with specials or with nothing :( but the music store and the CD store are great, I can generally get something or just sit in the music stores and play instruments.

And day dreaming of course! :D I not only dream vividly all the time, I also day dream constantly!

Ahhhh and driving in the country and hills and in amongst trees, driving really fast in the boat on the ocean, and building sand castles.
lupine wrote:
Kzinistzerg wrote:social situations kinda always make me nervous unless I'm with really good friends
Please, tell me to mind my own business, but is this related to anxiety? PM me back if you prefer.
I suffer from the same thing, though I'm better on some days than in others. It sucks doesn't it. I don't like nightclubs or big parties much, although once tipsy and with a group of people I like, I'm okay at a party, depending on where it is and the situations and whose it is.

I knew a girl who had panic attacks once in public, she's gotten over them now thanks to me and a good dozen others, and she then left the country and abandoned us. Huh.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Faolan Bloodtooth
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Faolan Bloodtooth »

I like to visit the Blue Mountains, there's alot of tranquil bushland and relaxing streams there :)

And i like to write, or draw, or read

The only music that seems to make me chill is medieval-like instrumental stuff

Laters
The Past Is Dead...
The Future Is Unborn...
The Moment Is Yours...
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

I suffer from the same thing, though I'm better on some days than in others. It sucks doesn't it.
It certainly does.I never could even walk in the pub without breaking a sweat, many's the time I've ended up locked in the loo's, shaking and hyper ventilating. I'm pretty much over it now altho I still get the odd pang of anxiety if I've got a big night out looming. I'm fortunate that my wife is understanding, and she talks me thru it.
Counselling helped me as my family didn't really understand.

Forgot to mention walking my dogs, Up in the hills of North Wales its so beautiful and relaxing.

Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

lupine wrote:
I suffer from the same thing, though I'm better on some days than in others. It sucks doesn't it.
It certainly does.I never could even walk in the pub without breaking a sweat, many's the time I've ended up locked in the loo's, shaking and hyper ventilating. I'm pretty much over it now altho I still get the odd pang of anxiety if I've got a big night out looming. I'm fortunate that my wife is understanding, and she talks me thru it.
Counselling helped me as my family didn't really understand.

Forgot to mention walking my dogs, Up in the hills of North Wales its so beautiful and relaxing.
I know this is bad, but it's completely fixed by getting tipsy. I wouldn't advise that of course. I'm too lazy to sort out the problem. I'm glad that you sorted yours out. I don't panic as much as you did though, I hide it very well anyhow, but sometimes I feel so ill I just have to drink.

Ah yes walking my pup as well and playing with my cat.

And the blue Mountains! I've been to Mt Bulla when I was a kid.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

I know this is bad, but it's completely fixed by getting tipsy
If it helps at least you can get that far, and if your with good caring friends, it's a bonus.
Don't rely on it to help you out all the time tho, at some point, it may not be for a long while, but at some point, you will have to tackle it, or else it will get a hold. (or the ale will :lol:) .

Seriously tho, be careful.

tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

Kirk Hammett wrote:
And day dreaming of course! :D I not only dream vividly all the time, I also day dream constantly!
If i was to pick an anthem on how much I day dream it'd be Ozzie's Dreamer. I dream my life away most of the time. I like to go to the comic shop,listen to music. play videogames any thing really not particular twards one system, I like to surf the net. chat. I'm a huuuuge movie maniac. love movies. ^_^ and I go out and sing.. mostly Karaoke at this point in my life but I have come close to winning Singing contests. 2nd place is the best I've done.
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

lupine wrote:
I know this is bad, but it's completely fixed by getting tipsy
If it helps at least you can get that far, and if your with good caring friends, it's a bonus.
Don't rely on it to help you out all the time tho, at some point, it may not be for a long while, but at some point, you will have to tackle it, or else it will get a hold. (or the ale will :lol:) .

Seriously tho, be careful.
You're right of course, and while I know this, as I said, I'm a lazy person sometimes. And I refuse to see a psychologist for anything, since I don't think I'm any more loopy than anyone else, or have any more of a problem than anyone else. And I've always healed myself in the past because I dunno, it works for me, and I'm not rich either, can't afford to see someone even if I wanted to.

I should stop with the booze though. :(

Hahaha I'm sure the ale won't hold me too strongly or...or I'll throw it and it'll smash and leak...so there!

Ale: :cry: you broke my glass man!

tyger wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:
If i was to pick an anthem on how much I day dream it'd be Ozzie's Dreamer. I dream my life away most of the time. I like to go to the comic shop,listen to music. play videogames any thing really not particular twards one system, I like to surf the net. chat. I'm a huuuuge movie maniac. love movies. ^_^ and I go out and sing.. mostly Karaoke at this point in my life but I have come close to winning Singing contests. 2nd place is the best I've done.
I dream my life away too. :lol: Spending my days off in another world, imagining myself in a new world as a werewolf or some other creature, falling through a portal etc (my stories tend to be very very complex though) ... and last night I spent some time imagining what it would be like to be a house cat, and to roam the neighbourhood. I was prompted to start a thread on it and still mean to. It was to do with being able to hide in the bushes and spy, I darted across the road and through the neighbourhood, and spoke with the local cats. Also like to imagine that I am in a touring band, playing arenas! And I have heaps of guitars and we're onstage, and in the tour bus. (Mine and Andy's fav day dream...along with us being in a pool sipping martinis because we have money for once).

What do you guys day dream about? (Nothing dirty please)
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Kirk Hammett wrote:What do you guys day dream about? (Nothing dirty please)
Well that's going to cut down the number of possible answers... 8)

As for non-R16 daydreams... well, the idea of herding the office nuisances into the strongroom and leaving them in there with a Dalek sometimes helps me through the day at work (As to how the Dalek gets there... well, wheelchair ramps have got to be useful for something...)
And the whole werewolf thing is always a dangerously seductive daydream. :shift: Some days it's more seductive than others. Depends on how short-tempered I get (I normally try to get by using humour... but sometimes it doesn't help as my sense of humour is often rather bleak).

Back to the idea of an ideal chill-out place... mine would be to just be miles from anywhere, sitting in a deckchair, with a chillybin containing something cold and liquid and a decent lunch and dinner, half a dozen or so books with me, nobody else around. Say somewhere on the shore if Lake Te Anau somewhere around the Eglinton Valley area. (While I love music - probably couldn't live any length of time without it - but I also get regular headaches and need to be somewhere it's quiet.) And preferably not worrying about how much crap is going to be piled up on my desk by the time I return to "civilisation"...
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mood: RAR!

Post by *nagowteena* »

hmmm... I love Guitars and rock music my mom thinks I'm kinda odd since I have it on when I go to sleep. I like to hang with my best friend Tom we are always playing PS3 at his house and we some times go to the desert to see what we can fiend. I like to go to the comic book store and get a comic that is really cool. like there is one that's called Blue Beetle, It happens here in El Paso. It's kinda cool to have a superhero to read about in the same tawn your in. :) and I watch Smallville. :lol:
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

:lol: Midnight.

As for the werewolf daydream, it changes a lot. I'm always born with it. I generally create characters, too, I don't feature in my daydreams much. I love to experience the shift sometimes. Being a 'therianthrope' and a meditational 'shape shifter', it's not difficult (But anyone with half an imagination can do it). Not always pleasant though so sometimes I steer away from it. I also, oddly, get bored of the wolf form relatively quickly. The wolf cannot play guitar.
hmmm... I love Guitars and rock music my mom thinks I'm kinda odd since I have it on when I go to sleep
Not odd! :D When I was a kid, only classical music could get me to sleep. Then later, Metallica (Old old recordings, usually Master of Puppets album) and Mark Knopfler's latest solo album Shangri La, and perhaps several Megadeth tracks.

I think it's the way the music was recorded, personally, no extremely loud jumps to jolt me awake. I often have the oddest dreams when music is there. I used to have the radio on all night when I was younger. I'm a little intolerant to it now, as I unfortunately suffer from some form of insomnia. Sucks!
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

I play on my computer and read, somtimes i go swimming but thats about it
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)