How did you find Freeborn?

The place for anything at all...
Lycanthrope
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Lycanthrope »

I've been searching for random Werewolf information at an Internet Cafe. This forum picked my attention, so I've registered about a month later, when I already had my own Internet connection. I've been visiting this place ever since.
GhostSong
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by GhostSong »

I'm a hardcore Werewolf the Forsaken player, I am always on the lookout for cool resources and just a place to talk about Werewolf mythology, stories, whatever. I found Freeborn on a site geared toward Werewolf RPGs, though I think it was furry in nature, and led me here.
Wash: Little River just gets more colorful by the moment. What'll she do next?
Zoë: Either blow us all up or rub soup in her hair. It's a toss-up.
Wash: I hope she does the soup thing. It's always a hoot, and we don't all die from it.
Wolfhanyou
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Wolfhanyou »

I was browsing through Goldie's forum and spotted a link to here while Freeborn was still 'Devoured' and this forum wasn't up yet. Then I just forgot about it for a good few of months before rediscovering it and joining the forum. :lol:
Boo
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

How did you find us?

Post by Fang »

I was thinking over how I came to the pack last summer and I thought, how did others find this forum.

I came here Via a linkt to the freeborn site on Transfur and lurked around about a week before actually joining
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

Link on the YERF forums just before the big Crash.

...I didn't even register at first, because I was not intending to stay. ...heh...guess that changed...Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
White Paw

Re: How did you find us?

Post by White Paw »

Fang wrote:I was thinking over how I came to the pack last summer and I thought, how did others find this forum.

I came here Via a linkt to the freeborn site on Transfur and lurked around about a week before actually joining
well i did a random search on lycanthropy and therians and came across here. after being banned four times from claiming to be a "trooooo were" i came back and was lucky enough to be able to stay .. (from behaving).... and here i am... :D
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

Therianthropy.org before I got sick of Jakkal and left. The link was up for a couple months before I visited because I just didn't think it would be that interesting.
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

how did i find the pack?

well, my english teacher was having us write persuasive essays on the topics of our choice, and i'm the kinda student that makes good use of erysingle oppportunity i get at school, so i was like, "i'll write the awesomest essay i can and i'll pick a killer topic."

so when erybody else in my class was writing on gun control, immigration, commerce laws, or saving hte planet, i decided to write about why it would be better to be a werewolf than to be a vampire. i was doing research for said paper when i realized that i'm basically obsessed with wolves and werewolves. i was doin a google search or sumthin, and this site was one that came up. and so i clicked the link, read about freeborn, joined, and started havin a wicked awesome time.

and actually, i know that some of you posted in my "vampires v. werewolves" thread. so yeah, that's how i first found the pack. arooo!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

I got here from werewolf-movies.com, which, sadly, hasn't been updated since late July.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

The guy who runs that site was a regular here for awhile. Haven't heard much lately from him; I guess he's got stuff going on. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

I found The Pack from a post on Goldenwolf's "Moonsong" back in late 2004, when the site was still "Building the Ultimate Werewolf" and Freeborn was "Devoured," a direct-to-video budget idea. Those were the days--so young, so innocent...
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Herpscott
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Herpscott »

IS it OK to say, I don't remember?

I think it might have been searching for upcoming werewolf movies, mostly Cursed if I can recall. My hopes were so high for that movie in the beginning with Rick Baker attached and whatnot.

Gosh! What a letdown.

So yeah, I think I was using Yahoo or Google or sumthin and stumbled (as usual) on to here.
"Ignorance is Bliss to those Uneducated" -Nick Hexum of 311

Please don't shoot me!!
Sheba
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Shy
Mood: Happy

Post by Sheba »

I did a search on werewolf art and came across Goldenwolf's site and saw a link for the movie and here I am.

Yes Y'all are stuck with me now :lol: :lol:
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I was merely searching for werewolf images and all of a sudden I stumbled upon the werewolf hand of freeborn, I liked it so I clicked on it, and took me to the main page, and I read what was it about, I then entered the forum, lurked around for a while. Then I saw a post that regarded to van helsing and underworld werewolves that I merely had to respond, so I register. And then the forum quickly grew on me, and so I stayed and became a regular member.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

I wuz just trawlin through results for 'werewolf' (there's a suprise!!) on alta vista or google, and I stumbled on the link to the movie site. had a look around and was bitten right from day one really. I think I joined there and then. Here is where i want to be. :D
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
tyger
Legendary
Legendary

Post by tyger »

I had found a pic of the conceptual art on the TFboard forum that a friend Linked me to. So from there to here and you guys are stuck with me too, Ha!
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

Before i joined i was just surfing the net to find some cool werewolf stuff, and then i came to Goldenwolf's website and found a link to this place. :)
THE GAME

My Armory
Silverclaw

Post by Silverclaw »

I was lurking on furtopia.org some years back. They had a thread about a director looking for input on an upcoming werewolf movie called 'Devoured'. The Devoured forum was only a few days old at the time. Joined the site and never left :D
:howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo :howl:  :oo
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

This question has been brought up here before, but we have lots of new people I'd like to read the answers from. :D

As for me, I met Brownrigg at A-Kon 16 and he told me all about it. I thought the concept was interesting, and the necklaces were cool. Mostly I wanted to find out more about Freeborn. I didn't hop in until a few months later. I posted very little but read a lot. It wasn't until around this time last year that I really got into posting and interacting more.

So I guess you could say I got my info about this forum straight from the source. :)
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I mysteriously got a link to the site from who I can't remember..No lie :o
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Teh_DarkJokerWolf wrote:I mysteriously got a link to the site from who I can't remember..No lie :o
Oh yeah that was me, I thought you might like it so I sent you the link. I didnt realize how good you had it untill I decided to join. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

I found this place from a banner on a group I'm in on myspace. It was the Freeborn teaser. From there I found this place :D
Machine-Whisperer
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: At an Observational status

Post by Machine-Whisperer »

I got linked here by Sabre, from DA.
Bah... Stupid Case sensitive Email. Lets try this again !
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

:o To tell you the truth, I can't remember, I do not know how I ended up here, but I don't think I'am in Kansas anymore 8)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

How'd I get here?

Post by RedEye »

I was doing research on Were's for the Story and found Freeborn's teaser page with a reference to this place. I lurked for a while: I wasn't sure just what was going on.
I had found Jakkal's Therian forums, and while they were interesting, they weren't what I was looking for. Ditto Werewolf Cafe', where I am still active.
I suppose the delurk moment was when I was hit in the noggin by a rubber duckie; and the next thing I knew, I was registered.
Haven't regretted it at all. I did do the polite thing, messaging Mr. Brownrigg that I had a book in the works and would try not to mooch any "Freeborn-specific" stuff. Failed at that, my characters "Shift" and "Reverse/Revert" simply because the term was so perfect...
And I haven't regretted joining: The "Wolves" here are great folks!
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...