The place for anything at all...
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Choice of Shape shifting in Urban

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Another of my quirky idiotic questions.

If you had a choice as an urban animal, to be able to transform into them, what would you pick?

Some ideas (Depending on your country) includes:

- House cat or feral cat
- Rodents
- Birds of many types
- Stray dog
- Fox
- Squirrel
- Racoon
- Bear
- Snake
- Insects
- Arachnids
- Wild dog, or wolf
- Bat
- Coyote
- Rabbits
- Hedgehog
- Opossum
- Skunk
- Deer
- Whatever else you can think of. (I added some more)

There are plenty of urban animals! Some come in when desperately starving, others make a fine living in the suburbs and cities.

My choices would be the cat, bird or fox. I'd love to test run them all of course, but logically (for the experiences I want to do), I'd want to explore a lot of places in great distances, so something large enough but not large like the bear or dog who will be caught. Something that runs or flies fast, too. Squirrel even. But I think a cat, fox and bird would get very far without being noticed too much, in my area anyway. I'd love to talk to the local wildlife and the local pets. A snake would be fun for your enemies, or a spider. Or a rat. And imagine spying as a common pigeon? Nobody suspects a thing! Not that I'm a spy, but it'd be interesting to observe people and other animals.

Anyhow, take a pick. :D
Last edited by Kirk Hammett on Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
MoonKit
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: That Girl With The Ferrets
Mood: Indifferent

Post by MoonKit »

I'd like to be a wolf but there are no wolves around here. So I would say a stray dog. But opposums are pretty awesome and it would be cool to fly...like a hawk. Though rats are cute too. :D Interesting question, I cant decide!
You are the only light there is for yourself my friend
BlackWolfDS
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lone Wolf and Biologist

Post by BlackWolfDS »

Wolf, stray dog or coyote. Most likely Coyote for here...I think they are here. ??
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

well wolf(of course) or fox or coyote :howl:  :oo
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Post by Set »

Something predatory. I don't do prey animals.

Hawk, cat, or coyote. Maybe fox. Owl would be good for night vision. Bat is something quirky that could be fun, but the bats around here tend to eat insects which is just...ew. Poisonous reptile is good. *rattles tail* Hiss hiss, baby.
Silverclaw
Mood: Meh...

Post by Silverclaw »

Hmmm....no wolves around here.
So I'd narrow it down to: hawk, bat, fox or ferel cat :D I think I'm leaning more towards being a hawk though :) It would be pretty cool to turn into just about any other animal thats not just boring old human :P
:D
PariahPoet
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The one and only were-jaguarundi!

Post by PariahPoet »

The usual. :lol:
Anubis
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Eletist Jerk

Post by Anubis »

I never heard of wolves being an animal living in urban cities.

But i would either choose a hawk or a fox. :)
THE GAME

My Armory
Teh_DarkJokerWolf
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Disappointed

Post by Teh_DarkJokerWolf »

I'd be a wolf/bird so I could be like an angelic wolf..we A dark wolf with large raven wings :wink:
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Post by Aki »

Ain't no wolves 'round here...so, barring wolf, I'd go with dog.

Not one of them yappy 'cute' ones, though. One of the bigger, badder types. Like a German Shepard or somethin'.

Woof. :D
darkest wolf
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: "Begin the day with a friendly voice- a companion unobtrusive, plays that song that's so elusive and the magic music makes your morning mood..."- The Spirit of Radio- Rush
Additional Details: l------------l
l------------l
l------5--3--l
l-3----5--3--l
l-3----3--1--l
l-1----------l
Mood: Excited

Post by darkest wolf »

A raccoon would be cool but I'm gonna have to say stray dog.

-Photo and avatar by takyoji

"He who dares wins."- Winston Churchill
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

i would definitely choose a type of wolf/dog/fox/coyote unless for sum reason i couldn't, i would pick squirrel or raccoon. i always loved those aminals.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

All we have around here are birds, cats and insects... and I don't really relish the thought of changing into any of them. (Sorry to the cat people around here).

Despite being so stereotypical I'd go for the classic: a wolf. Hardly anyone around here would know what a wolf looks like (even I'd probably be hard put to tell a wolf apart from a German Shepherd / Husky / bitsa cross). As long as I kept my own brain, that's all I ask.
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

Post by Vuldari »

I have pondered becoming almost every creature I have seen outside my window, and out and about around where I have lived, (excluding all invertebrates, snakes and generally anything that is ugly in my eyes), with various Birds from Robins to Hawks and Eagles to Owls, House Cats, Squirrels, Mice, Raccoons, Deer, Rabbits, Coyotes and Domestic Dogs topping off the list. (all of which I have seen through my bedroom window at some point or another) Even though Wolves are native to Minnesota, where I live, I have never seen one outside of a cage. They are mostly in the woods further north than I usually travel.

However, since I have seen FOXES around my homes on various occasions as well, there really is no question which would be my #1 choice.

Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

HHMMMmmm... The only real predator we have over here is the Fox.....

:idea: What about a werehedgehog? I thinkk that would be a pretty awesome looking creature what with the spines and all that....dunno about the worm eating part of it tho.
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Anubis wrote:I never heard of wolves being an animal living in urban cities.

Yeah they probably sometimes scavenge from the suburbs though. Same as coyotes, I forgot about them! And I had to add wolves, because we all know people -want- to choose a wolf. :D Although I think a wolf would be too noticeable so I'd go with what I said above, plus the bat.

I forgot bats and hedgehogs too. I'd love to shift into either of those, as well. And rabbits haha! Just so many.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I'll take wolf, please, for 300.

(poink-poink! Zwew! And that's our Daily Double...)

Somehow, I think wolf will be a fairly common answer around here, urban or otherwise. (Yes, PariahPoet, I know you're more cat, as are a few others of you. But, there's a lot of wolf people here.)
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Kirk Hammett wrote:

Yeah they probably sometimes scavenge from the suburbs though. Same as coyotes, I forgot about them! And I had to add wolves, because we all know people -want- to choose a wolf. :D Although I think a wolf would be too noticeable so I'd go with what I said above, plus the bat.

I forgot bats and hedgehogs too. I'd love to shift into either of those, as well. And rabbits haha! Just so many.
you won't believe how many urban idiots who don't know a wolf from a large dog
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori :P
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Fang, thing is with large dogs, they get picked up pretty quickly. It's a low tolerance policy. Cats and foxes however, hide easily and birds can fly around etc (Which is why I picked those, but it depends what you want to do in your form!).

But it's true, how can you mistake a wolf for a dog? Some dog breeds are similar to wolves (And given, in the shadows of course it'd be hard), but sometimes werewolf movies annoy me and books too because they mistake some hideous half man half wolf for a dog. How does that happen? Seriously? Half a muzzle and no tail and very anthropomorphic?
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Ink
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: A Fledgling Shovelbum - Pack Archaeologist & Cultural Anthropologist!

Post by Ink »

I would rule campus and the surrounding suburbia as a dangerous and fat squirrel. Even if at home (I live on a 200 acre farm during the summer) I'd get eaten by coy-dogs, the cats or something else large and predatory like a bear. However, during the schooling season urban and suburban life would be full of people to chase and old ladies to scare as a large'n fluffy, evil, gray squirrel.

I'd also make sure children on bikes and joggers would rue the day of my arrival. Ohhh yes - rue they would...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

A rabbit. They are considered rodents, and run free in the city of Albuqureque. Why be a wererabbit you ask? That's just one of those mysteries I won't solve for you.
:wink:
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

Kaebora wrote:A rabbit. They are considered rodents, and run free in the city of Albuqureque. Why be a wererabbit you ask? That's just one of those mysteries I won't solve for you.
:wink:
I think I know why, because they can be nasty death with big pointy teeth, can jump high and bite the necks off armoured knights :D
Lupin
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Ninja BOFH

Post by Lupin »

Fang wrote:
Kirk Hammett wrote:

you won't believe how many urban idiots who don't know a wolf from a large dog
I figure a collar and tags would go a long way to muddy the waters.
I don't suffer from lycanthropy, I enjoy every minute of it! Image
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

Ink wrote:I would rule campus and the surrounding suburbia as a dangerous and fat squirrel. Even if at home (I live on a 200 acre farm during the summer) I'd get eaten by coy-dogs, the cats or something else large and predatory like a bear. However, during the schooling season urban and suburban life would be full of people to chase and old ladies to scare as a large'n fluffy, evil, gray squirrel.

I'd also make sure children on bikes and joggers would rue the day of my arrival. Ohhh yes - rue they would...
that reminds me of this squirrel i saw once... i was waiting for the school bus one morning and i jus saw the killer fat squirrel. i mean, it musta been like 10 inches long and 8 inches wide, man. it was so fat, it had to waddle around. like, it was wobblin, and it was so hilarious! and actually, it was missing its tail, too... it looked like it had been chopped off or sumthin... musta been 'cause it walked so goshdarn slow! lol!
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
Fang
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fang »

they are, beavers are rodents too, rats in the wild, get big