General Announcments and Updates

The place for anything at all...
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Ok my copmputer is back up and running guys, so now I can get on here at home. :D
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

congratulations :)
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

YAY! that's fantastic :D
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Im a disaster when it comes to hard drives!

Im surprise it doesnt just get up and run away. :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

I've been trying to upgrade my computer for years and this morning that battle has come to fruition. I snagged a Titanium Powerbook G4 on Ebay and it's in the mail now.

When I get it next week, I'll be offline for a few days while I configure the new machine and re-establish all my regular sites. I expect to have that done by Lundi Gras.

And when I'm back up...hold onto your privates, generals. This new machine kicks hiney on my current in terms of graphics and I'll be loading up my Deviantart site and joining the Wolficons editing fray with two years' worth of interest and inspiration. Prepare thyselves! :howl:  :oo :o :cafinated:
ImageImageImageImage
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

Cool, can you do a weresheep? :D
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

Don't encourage me! :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC
Legendary
Legendary

Post by STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC »

Well my life sucks, I'm not in school anymore, (graduated). And I've been looking for a new job ever since I got fired from McDonalds on Christmas Eve.
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

Oh and as for those wondering: the army, as it is in here in Finland... it isn't exactly a question if you want to. With only so few people here(a bit over 5 million), paid army just wouldn't work here. So every man over 18 gets drafted to be trained in case a war would erupt. It lasts from 6 months to full 12 - depending on what kind of training one gets. I will know what I will do for following 5+ months in a few weeks.

Heh heh... if it was a question of interest instead of a must... like I(or many others) would have stopped their lives/studies etc.

(I just came from a 5-day camp that was in the middle of Nowhere on two islands in the sea, meaning helluva cold weather(worst was about -32 degrees Celsius and quite a much wind; translates to about -50 degrees C... veery cold.) So don't wonder if my typings don't make any sense.

...I think I'll just shut up now. FoW out *grin*
Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

FoxOfWar wrote:Oh and as for those wondering: the army, as it is in here in Finland... it isn't exactly a question if you want to. With only so few people here(a bit over 5 million), paid army just wouldn't work here. So every man over 18 gets drafted to be trained in case a war would erupt. It lasts from 6 months to full 12 - depending on what kind of training one gets. I will know what I will do for following 5+ months in a few weeks.

Heh heh... if it was a question of interest instead of a must... like I(or many others) would have stopped their lives/studies etc.

(I just came from a 5-day camp that was in the middle of Nowhere on two islands in the sea, meaning helluva cold weather(worst was about -32 degrees Celsius and quite a much wind; translates to about -50 degrees C... veery cold.) So don't wonder if my typings don't make any sense.

...I think I'll just shut up now. FoW out *grin*

hehehe that brings back memories of the Marines..... have fun with that :lol:
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

:o FoxofWar!!

How's it hangin' fella. Good to hear they've got you feezing your nuts off! :lol:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Post by ravaged_warrior »

Man, that sucks, FoxOfWar. I don't get it though... Just how often do you guys go to war? Don't take it the wrong way, you've got an awesome country, but I've never heard of a war that involved Finnish troops... But then again, world history classes in American generally focus on things that directly or indirectly affected/involved America in some way. Very egotistical, if I do say so myself.

By the way, I'm going into Circuit City tomorrow to try to get my Zune replaced, since the screen broke after owning it for only a few days (and I checked online, it's an unnaturally common occurrence). Does anyone who's dealt with them before know how should go about it?
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Don't even know what a Zune is!
:?

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

It's Microsoft's answer to the iPod Video, and it's rather good, save for the really crappy Zune Marketplace (Microsoft's answer to iTunes), but since you can just use iTunes anyway, it doesn't really matter so much. Other than that flaw (and the easily broken screens!), it's actually better than the iPod Video, from what I've seen. But really, what it is isn't as important as how I should go about getting them to replace it. I don't really know how it broke, just that the fact that it was in my backpack is a possible cause, but a pretty unlikely one, in my opinion, since my backpack was mostly empty that day and because of all of the other broken screens I've heard about.
"We used to laugh at Grandpa when he'd head off and go fishing. But we wouldn't be laughing that evening when he'd come back with some w**** he picked up in town."
-Jack Handey
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

I take it that when you say Broken, you mean cracked?

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Basically, yeah... But apparently, on the back of the screen. Like this:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/153/3609 ... e1.jpg?v=0

That one isn't mine, but that's basically how mine looks after turning it on. With it off, there's nothing to suggest that anything is wrong.
-Jack Handey
lupine
Legendary
Legendary

Post by lupine »

Yowch! :o A painfully expensive doorstop you've got yourself there. :lol:

It's quite big innit? lokks a lot bigger than a pod

ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

The screen on the Zune is immense for such a small device. In terms of other sizes, it's quite a lot thicker than the iPod Video, but it's only a little longer. Apparently, it's also supposed to be lighter in weight than an iPod Video, which is a bit sad, considering the other size differences, and the fact that the Zune is surprisingly heavy itself for such a little thing.
-Jack Handey
FoxOfWar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Fiery Foxish TFmage Extraordinaire
Location: Finland. Most probably lurking behing that rock. *points*

Post by FoxOfWar »

ravaged_warrior wrote:Man, that sucks, FoxOfWar. I don't get it though... Just how often do you guys go to war? Don't take it the wrong way, you've got an awesome country, but I've never heard of a war that involved Finnish troops... But then again, world history classes in American generally focus on things that directly or indirectly affected/involved America in some way. Very egotistical, if I do say so myself.
That's just what makes it so ridiculous. Last war that involved Finland ended in 1944...
Btw, If you're wondering about FoxOfWar, think about Real-Time Strategy Games and certain aspect profilic in all of them... lurking about in the shadows, kind of like me...
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Lukas »

FoxOfWar wrote:
ravaged_warrior wrote:Man, that sucks, FoxOfWar. I don't get it though... Just how often do you guys go to war? Don't take it the wrong way, you've got an awesome country, but I've never heard of a war that involved Finnish troops... But then again, world history classes in American generally focus on things that directly or indirectly affected/involved America in some way. Very egotistical, if I do say so myself.
That's just what makes it so ridiculous. Last war that involved Finland ended in 1944...
hm i support the draft, every citzen(except for certain complications[medical, rel., etc.]) sould be trained to be able to defend there country when the times comes
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

Fox of War: Look on the bright side, you be incredible in online gaming when you have been defrosted enough to move without cracking. And a Civilian Militia (which is what you folks have, really) is the best gaurantor of freedom there is. The people can say NO!, and make it stick.
Besides, "That which doesn't kill you outright, makes you stronger"--Piet Hein.
Besides, the best way to stay out of a War is to be ready to fight. Think Switzerland and Sweden, in the last biggie.

And, Ravaged Warrior, what broke is the Light transmission layer. That is a problem with Zunes, because it's made of Glass, not plastic! Be gentle, the Zune you save may be you own! Try a padded case, and lots of tlc. For all its weaknesses, I like the Zune over the VideoIpod. GUess how I found out what your problem was. Yep: me, too.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

RedEye wrote:And, Ravaged Warrior, what broke is the Light transmission layer. That is a problem with Zunes, because it's made of Glass, not plastic! Be gentle, the Zune you save may be you own! Try a padded case, and lots of tlc. For all its weaknesses, I like the Zune over the VideoIpod. GUess how I found out what your problem was. Yep: me, too.
That's very helpful, thank you. Nice to see another supporter! But... Did you have to buy a new one, or was Microsoft willing to replace it?
-Jack Handey
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh

Post by RedEye »

ravaged_warrior wrote:
RedEye wrote:And, Ravaged Warrior, what broke is the Light transmission layer. That is a problem with Zunes, because it's made of Glass, not plastic! Be gentle, the Zune you save may be you own! Try a padded case, and lots of tlc. For all its weaknesses, I like the Zune over the VideoIpod. GUess how I found out what your problem was. Yep: me, too.
That's very helpful, thank you. Nice to see another supporter! But... Did you have to buy a new one, or was Microsoft willing to replace it?
Actually, the store replaced it. They have since discontinued the practice on Zunes. My Zune now lives in an old armored Ohmmeter case, with all the hookups extended to the new armor case, and three layers of foam around the Zune, and padding around the front, near the screen as well:
I'm more likely to break than it is.
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
ravaged_warrior
Legendary
Legendary

Ah... Hopefully Microsoft is willing to do something, then. Thanks for the help.
-Jack Handey
Vuldari
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Aspiring "Reverse" Kitsune

No Smokes Means no WORK for Vuldari

Post by Vuldari »

As many of you are no doubt already aware, I am very strongly anti-tobacco. However, for the last 2+ years I have been working at a store that sells it. It has bothered me every day since I was hired by that company, but up until today I had only spoken out about it once in 2005, and only for one day.

I may not be able to wipe recreational Tobacco (and Alcohol) off the face of the Earth, and I may not be able to force anyone to quit smoking, but I'll be damned if ANYONE, (even my employer, and subsequently my source of rent and food money) is going to force ME to 'Help' anyone else use that garbage.

So, I informed my boss today that it goes against my values and beliefs to continue to sell that poison to anyone who asks for it with a smile as I have done for over two years, and that I would do it no longer.

...and he informed me that I no longer have a job there.

Image... I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared right now, but even though I regret leaving some of the great people I worked with there, and having to be let go so suddenly like that, (No 2-Week notice. He just told me to go home), I do not regret my choice. However, I will have to live with the regret of helping hundreds and thousands of people make themselves sick for stupid reasons for the rest of my life. (Some regular customers have died since I began working for that company, at least two or more of which I know died of Smoking related complications, as was relayed to me by their survivors)

I am nothing without my Values, Morals and Beliefs...and those are worth nothing if I do not live by them. I was betraying myself and living the life of a hypocrite so long as I continued to put on that phony smile and sell the customers as much Tobacco as they wanted...even if they asked for it through mechanical box on a hole in their neck. I was forbidden to protest or say anything...I just had to smile and do whatever they asked. I couldn't take it any more...so I chose not to. I chose to say "NO".

It is a very sad thing that a Pharmacy would fire it's employee for refusing to sell poisons to consumers because he knows they are going to use them irresponsibly. ...but that's the messed-up world we live in today.

Now I need a new Job. ...but where to start looking?... Image
Please Forgive the Occasional Outburst of my Inner Sage ... for he is Oblivious to Sarcasm, and not Easily Silenced.

=^.^'= ~