Kaebora's leaving the nest.

The place for anything at all...
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Kaebora's leaving the nest.

Post by Kaebora »

I can't complain about the rules and regulations of parents, considering that they pay for my daily living. But it seems the turning point of life has come.

My father is about to be laid off from his job, and he has to move to another part of the country to stay with the company. He's taking my immediate family with him. I have the option to go with them if I want, but I am in the middle of a college degree, and I can't move until it's finished. Now I have to stay in Albuquerque for the remainder of my degree plan. Alone with no friends or family for at least 700 miles. I'm just now making some friends though, but even so, they are too busy to hang out.

I'll have to pay for astronomical bills. I may have to find a new cell phone company, and will be without internet while I'm getting situated. I'm lucky that my parents will be paying my rent for a short while until I get my income to a safe-zone. Also a lucky grace, it's a two year associates degree. I was planning on getting two degrees, but I'll have to settle with one. Thus I may only have to be stuck here for a little over a year before I move back to Texas, where most of my family and friends live.

One very unlucky thing, is that I may have to save up the money I have now, so I can survive the move to my apartment later. This means I'm even more unlikely to be attending A-Kon this year. The first year of A-Kon I'll miss in five years. Don't worry about me though, once I have all my bills on in a "safe-zone" in cost, I can start saving for the next year. Hell, I might even be a resident of Dallas before then.
:D

Here's to hopeing I wont fall into debt over my ears. :) (And that my parents will give me the old computer for my college work.)
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
nachoboy
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The hip-hoppinest, nacho-lovinest lycanthrope

Post by nachoboy »

good luck, man.
DENNY COLEMAN IS KING!
"It is a widely known fact that ALL werewolves love Malt-o-Meal."
http://djnacho.deviantart.com
*nagowteena*
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: TV!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by *nagowteena* »

:) Hay I hope things go good for you. :D and I hope to move to California in a few years once I'm 18, right now though I live in Texas with my mom.
Image Image
Yeah, that hits the spot..DeviantArt ~ Youtube Avatar by Z
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

yeah man good luck :)
RedEye
Custom Title: Master of Meh
Mood: Meh...

Post by RedEye »

Best of Luck, and a bushel of Opportunities to you!

We'll leave a Duckie in the window for you...
And check out what your school has for this sort of thing; perhaps they have a list of people seeking roommates and such.

Treat this as an opportunity and use it as such. The same things will be happening, and you'll have the right attitude to make use of them. :wink:
RedEye: The Wulf and writer who might really be a Kitsune...
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

Hope it works out. Taking on debt sucks big-time, I agree, but it's better to take on debt and get a degree that will help you land a job that can pay it off.

A lot can happen between now and A-Kon, so we'll keep hope that you can still make it.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Thanks guys. I just thought yall might want to know.

I'm still gonna be around the forum even if I don't have internet at home. That's what my college's computer labs are for. :wink:
Although, my father is only 80% sure the move is going to happen. He said that last time, so I'm preparing for real anyways. I doubt his lawyer can settle the layoff dispute. It's finally time for me to stop getting dragged around the country, and focus on education.

If anyone here is ever in Albuquerque, New Mexico... send me a PM. I'd be happy to give you my cell number so we can hang out. All Pack members are my friends. :D
-Kaebora
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Good luck :)
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Wow, talk about a tough situation. Its not going to be easy thats for shure. I wish you the best of luck. Im shure your gonna make it.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC
Legendary
Legendary

Post by STARWOLF_THE_MYSTIC »

Shadow Wulf wrote:Wow, talk about a tough situation. Its not going to be easy thats for shure. I wish you the best of luck. Im shure your gonna make it.
Yeah good luck with that.
vrikasatma
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Sometimes, ya just gotta say ... BLEEEE!!
Additional Details: Digg: Gemfinder
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Xocowolf
Twitter: @Xocowolf
Mood: Busy

Post by vrikasatma »

For your cell, consider Tracfone. You can get set up with a year of service for about $10 a month; it's a big drop once a year, but you'll be covered. You can get Tracfones and minutes cards at most major supermarkets.

When you're looking for a bank, consider credit unions. Your money will stay in the area and they're more likely to work with you than banks will.
ImageImageImageImage
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

I'm staying with T-Mobile and Bank of America. Unlimited long distance and free checking are already a sweet deal.
-Kaebora
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Great news everyone! I talked to one of the college advisors today. I've discovered that I have only one year of my computer animation degree left to complete! That means... around this time next year, I'll be moving back to Texas. YEAH!!

I'll be spending A-Kon 19 as a resident of Texas once again. I'll be happy to be back in my hometown of Arlington, and closer to a lot of the pack members too. Heck, I may even drive down to San Antonio to visit you sometime Fig. (Or am I getting ahead of myself from the excitement?) I'll probobly be finishing my Studio Art degree at University of Texas in Arlington, so that will be cool too. So many friends and family to catch up on, it boggles the mind.

I may as well enjoy New Mexico while I still can. There's no telling how attached I've become to the atmosphere here. In Texas I never could see wild rabbits in my backyard, hear coyotes in the distance, and go-kart across a genuine american wilderness void of all commercial development. The airsoft sport is top notch in Albuquerque too. *sigh* Not to mention the mountains, plateaus, and balooning events. Yeah, I guess I will miss this place.

So what do yall think of your resident werehare being a Texas citizen again? :D
-Kaebora
Baphnedia

Post by Baphnedia »

Thanks for letting us know what's going on - and congrats on being almost done with your degree! :)
Everyday should be Towel Day.
Sekrit Identity: What?
Paradice Games: .com, Forums & Facebook
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

thats awesome congratulations :D :howl:  :oo
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Sweet! I cant believe your already almost done with college! :D

You have got to tell me what its like to go to an art school. And what do you need to know to be an animation designer.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Not quite done really... I'll just have my first degree completed. "Computer Animation Associates." Next I'm going to get a B.F.A in Studio Art, which will probobly be another two and a half years, but those classes will be taken in a Texas college. Woohoo for that.

Thanks for the congrats yall, but wait until I'm actually finished. Heh. :D
-Kaebora
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

Good luck with your move matey. It's a fantastic oppurtunity, GRAB IT and get the most you can from it. Enjoy it.

Lets raise a glass...........................

:beerwolf: To the FUTURE! :)

All the best kidda :thumbsup:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
Kuro
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: La Loba Loca
Mood: Indifferent

Post by Kuro »

Good Luck Amigo!

~Kuro
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

So, how's the whole flying solo thing going? :D
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Fenrir wrote:So, how's the whole flying solo thing going? :D
Meh. Still scheduled to happen this summer. :|
-Kaebora
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

UPDATE!

The move is still happening, but has been pushed back a bit. It may happen just the same. The only differece, is that my family is moving BACK to Texas. I'm stuck here with college while they go back to my cozy hometown that I'm dying to move back to myself. Ugh. Well, at least I'm getting my s*** together these last few weeks.

A recent car accident on the highway has encouraged me to get my own insurace plan, and buy my own car with a loan.
I now own a slightly used dark green 1996 Chevy Camaro. Hell yes. 200+ horsepower of sports car brilliance, an engine that takes up half the length of the vehicle, and a backseat that couldn't fit a midget. HELL... YES!

Next is the apartment. Damn... I spent too much on the car.
:lol:
-Kaebora
Kzinistzerg
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kzinistzerg »

Probably should have gotten a motorcycle, but, if you don't already have a license for one it takes too long to get one for short notice. They are cheap to buy, maintain, and use (very fuel efficient, usually) and very little insurance!

Good luck with the rest of the move, though.
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Damn you Kaebora! You scared the crap out of me when I saw this thread and I thought it was new. This doesnt mean you will be leaving permanently will it? :(
Image Image
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

best of luck to you always :howl:  :oo