Who was a LONER when they were younger?

The place for anything at all...
Lady Aquilo
Dealing with the Change
Dealing with the Change

Post by Lady Aquilo »

Mm, I was somewhat of a loner, especially in elementary school. Sometimes I would play with a few loose friends, sometimes I would prefer to be by myself and just observe.

Middle school...middle school wasn't very much fun. But in 6th grade, I met someone who is now one of my closest friends. In 7th grade I didn't see her or any of my other friends very much, and I soon drifted away from my elementary school friends. I went through quite a bit of teasing that year. But I found that if I stayed calm and collected, the bullies would become disinterested. 8th grade was ok; I made some new friends who I'm pretty close with now. But all year I was a target of this one bully, and even though I wouldn't react he still persisted. He really, really ticked me off. But fortunately he left the school district at the end of the year. :D

This year I'm a freshman. I see my friends a lot more, made some new ones and finally found a "pack". :) Though I still don't talk an awful lot, only with my closest friends. I don't know why I'm shy when first meeting new people; it just takes some time for me to warm up to them. I just like to observe what's going on around me sometimes.
In_Cruce_Salus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by In_Cruce_Salus »

Lady Aquilo wrote:But all year I was a target of this one bully, and even though I wouldn't react he still persisted. He really, really ticked me off. But fortunately he left the school district at the end of the year. :D
I know how that feels. For my entire sophomore year, this one guy and his cronies pestered me incessantly. The odd thing was that individually, his cronies were pretty nice guys, but when put into a group with him at the head, they became aggressive jerks. When the "normal" teasing and bullying progressed into sexual harrassment, I started collecting evidence and eye-witness accounts for use in a sexual harrassment lawsuit. He found out one day, and then disappeared from the school the next month. Haven't seen him since.
Of course, his minions now blame me for their All Powerful Leader's mysterious disappearance, and frequently voice their displeasure at my continued existence, but I'm not too worried about them. I now make sure that I'm on good terms with the wrestling and football teams. Having big people who like you helps with bullying. :wink:

-Cruce
Initial Here: ___
Here: ___
And Here: ___

Sign on the dotted line: .................................
Searif
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Searif »

hm, I am still a young ling, although I am not really a loner, I have my own group of friends, one of my friends is a scalie and yet I am the only person she has really told besides her twin sister.

most people at my school just say that its kinda cool that I am a fan of werewolves, In fact my English teacher is obsessed with both vampires and werewolves.
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

Post by Scott Gardener »

I thought of myself as a loner at the time, all throughout middle school and high school. But, in retrospect, I was not. I hanged out with fellow role-playing gamers a lot, joined the writing and science clubs, and participated in a lot of extracurricular academic competitions. I was an introvert, but not a loner. I was more interested in having a few really good close friends than a large number of casual acquaintances with whom I had very little in common. I was also more interested in writing, drawing, and imagining science fiction and fantasy than talking about the usual adulescent melodramas about who was dating whom. Such people tended to be categorized stereotypically as "loners" and "nerds," but I was only the latter, not the former. At the time, "nerd" was a stigma. But, after Bill Gates and Steve Jobs conquered civilization, people don't make fun of us any more.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...