Kinda Random but I'm curious. (Becomming Moderators)

The place for anything at all...
Kuro
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: La Loba Loca
Mood: Indifferent

Kinda Random but I'm curious. (Becomming Moderators)

Post by Kuro »

Just bored and noticed some moterators and was like...hmmm how do you become a moderator? My inquizative mind...I don't think I spelled that right but was just wonderin'?

~Kuro
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

trying to become a Moderator are we? You get asked by fig or Anthony to become a Moderator.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Kuro
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kuro »

lol, more curious. not exactly sure I'd have the time for it. Sadly I find I am more busy as the year goes on. Though it would be pretty cool. :lol:

~Kuro
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

HA!!!!!!!! Good luck :D
Kuro
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kuro »

Heh, I'm just happy to be part of the boards. :D

~Kuro
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

I would think you have to stay in the boards for a pretty good amount of time in order to become a moderator. And proove you can be a responsible person. :wink:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
MattSullivan
Legendary
Legendary

Post by MattSullivan »

That's right. And you can't be a super-arging-type person who whines when they don't ge their way.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Post by Kaebora »

I offered to help Fig get rid of spam, and I worked very hard at it deleting annoying spambot posts nearly every day until they finally required admin activation for all new members. During my time as a mod though, I've done plenty to help beyond just spam deletion. So Fig let me keep the position. At least that's how I think it all happened. Well, I think Fig already said we have enough Moderators for now. That may change after Freeborn is released. (Moviegoer fan attack!)
:| :P

I still don't get any confirmation from anyone as to whether or not I'm a fair Moderator. Hmmmm. Makes me wonder from time to time if my judgement calls are made well, such as editing the title of this thread to be more clear.
:wink:

Better ask Joker if you want to know the in-depth details of moderating in The Pack. She's been a moderator here longer than me and Shadow Wulf.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

You'd have to be very very active. Something Ill never be, I don't even have time to remember what boards I'm on. :( Let alone moderate or even be considered for that. (So if I forgot I'm on your post, peoples, please message me!! Im not being rude!)

I'm sure if you just post heaps, avoid fights, show you're a mature person, someone will eventually offer you a position. They're a fair lot here. Give it another hundred posts and if you're pretty keen, and keen on working and spending a while each day on here, they might just ask! :wink:
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Well, I wouldn't put too much value on post counts, because it's the constructive content of posts that matters. Either you have thousands of single sentence posts, or a few hundred with lengthy paragraphs. Ah well, the fact remains that it is up to the Admins what the criteria is. I'm not even sure what the requirements are, or if I even fit the bill.
?? :lol:
-Kaebora
Kuro
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kuro »

:) wow guys, thanks for all your Info. I'll keep it all in mind :o

~Kuro
Lukas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: living

Post by Lukas »

remember, it gets easier when you hit post 1000 8)
(for every afro avatar, a funky man loses his hair, please, think of undercover brother)
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Lukas wrote:remember, it gets easier when you hit post 1000 8)
I wouldn't know. :lol:
-Kaebora
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Kaebora wrote:
Lukas wrote:remember, it gets easier when you hit post 1000 8)
I wouldn't know. :lol:
I know but you've been here for circa 2 years.
heh, you might make admin soon if Lupin doesn't shape up....*breaks out whip* speaking of which where did he go :evil:
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Kuro
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kuro »

XD well I guess I have a long way to go then :)

~Kuro
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Ya, but what makes you wanna be a moderator?

-Satyricon
Kirk Hammett
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The Guitar Dude from Metallica

Post by Kirk Hammett »

Yeah moderating is difficult work so why do you want to do it? Unless you have lots of time on your paws I would not recommend it. I moderated some boards a few years ago, never did it again. I also owned a few sites and taught guitar on one site. You have to like being online a LOT (And I don't). You have to be able to make decisions without hurting other people...I've offended people by accident before and I'm a very mellow person, (Except at home :x) and of course I never intend to.

Ask any moderator here...people have been offended by accident before. You have to really tip toe but also assert yourself (Another thing I can really suck at!).

Anyhow I'm writing up a Uni tutorial on Ecological Footprints. -Sighs- I can't be bothered.
<b> Pack Drunk</b>
Image Image :beerwolf: :drunx:
"Animals were not made for humans, not anymore than black people were made for whites or women for men" -Alice Walker-
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

That's why I ain't a mod, an' that's probably why we won't be hearing from Wolfie 69 anymore...heheheh, oops....guy didn't seem too right in the head, though, so I think the general consensus is he won't be missed...
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

who? I know there was one case, Rex Wolf or whatever....but who is wolfie 69

-Satyricon
Templar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: No Title

Post by Templar »

This guy who was postin' on the topic about what's behind nagowteena's house.
Sure, I could have stayed, could have even been king. But in my own way...I am King. (grabs girl) Hail to the king, baby!
-Ash
www.knight-templar.deviantart.com
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

Templar wrote:This guy who was postin' on the topic about what's behind nagowteena's house.
wow what a crack pot :lol:
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

that's sorta creepy

-Satyricon
Kuro
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Kuro »

Fenrir wrote:Ya, but what makes you wanna be a moderator?
Well, I haven't really tried or wanted to try but I guess I really like helpin' out around the place. Also the pack seems cool and well, dunno XD...I am mostly someone who is easy to get along with.

~Kuro
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

...I don't think we are going to need one for a while I'am afraid :(

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

And besides who needs another one when you got the #1 moderator in the entire forum.
:wink: <L331 :lol:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image