The place for anything at all...
Set
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Devil in disguise

Are these people serious?

Post by Set »

:lol: :roflmao: :lol: :roflmao:

Scroll down to the bit about Yu-Gi-Oh, and have a listen: http://www.vcyamerica.org/issues/issues.cfm

Damn that's funny s***. As annoying as nutjobs like this can be they are, on occasion, hilarious. And people wonder why I rag on Christians so much...
Fullmoonstar
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: ...for science

Post by Fullmoonstar »

i think they are serious
Last edited by Fullmoonstar on Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
never stop dreaming. Otherwise your dreams will never come true.
Kaebora
Custom Title: Werehare In Disguise
Mood: RAR!

Re: Are these people serious?

Post by Kaebora »

Set wrote:And people wonder why I rag on Christians so much...
Can't say that I have. :| :roll:

The christians that completely shun outside culture are whom I call "Isolationist Christians." In my opinion, they are uptight, hypocritical, and give the christian beleif system a bad reputation.
Lurking softly, reading your posts, loving your ideas...
-Kaebora
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Re: Are these people serious?

Post by Terastas »

Kaebora wrote:The christians that completely shun outside culture are whom I call "Isolationist Christians." In my opinion, they are uptight, hypocritical, and give the christian beleif system a bad reputation.
Unfortunately, religion can be used as a business. "Don't buy into a Japanese franchise. Send your children to Jesus Camp!"

But yeah, they basically are just nutjobs with a deep resentment towards anything that doesn't reek of generic Christianity. Kids ask questions and they don't have the answers, so they try and compensate by claiming that it's a sin to question and that anything that competes with your interest in Christianity is a product of the devil.
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

i dunno.i listened to it, I dont have any views on human religion so perhaps i shall stay out of this convo... i sence a heated debate.. :|
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

Why is it that everything dealing with religion is automatically labeled a "heated debate"? Did your sense of humor take a vacation? If you're that sensitive, you shouldn't be on the internet.

I'm not here to argue about how dumb it is. Because, let's face it, any reasonable human being would think it's stupid. I only posted it in the first place because I thought it was so extreme it was funny.

Besides, you count how many cards that guy named? ('Round...37, maybe?) For someone who hates it so much, he knows more about it than you'd think.

I'm just amused by the fact that I'm officially the devil incarnate.
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: The coffee addicted were

Post by DarkShadow »

Set wrote:Why is it that everything dealing with religion is automatically labeled a "heated debate"? Did your sense of humor take a vacation? If you're that sensitive, you shouldn't be on the internet.
I dont really think that was a nessessary comment. White Paw was just saying how he felt about this. :| Don't think Im ragging on you, casue Im not.
I can proudly say that I am not a stamp of the person beside me

Icon made by Z :D
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

...Give me a break, these people are retarded, clearly they don't see eye to eye with the obviousness of the Japanese influence.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

There just religous zealots thats all. They over think things and cant just process the fact that its simply being use to make money. And on top of that its a fad. Yu-gi-oh is already starting wine down, its not as popular as it use to be. They said the exact same thing about Pokemons, please. :roll:
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

"They" say lots of things are evil. Television, card games, tatoos, candy, Disney... and they even try pushing all the other christians, and especially non-christians, into beleiveing them. If we dismiss their theories, they call US evil. What a wonderful point of view, because if you call me evil, it will immediately make me think the same of you. HAHA!

An exellent example of this is in my last post made in the Venting thread.

I play Magic: The Gathering, listen to System of a Down and Disturbed, watch Battlestar Galactica, and eat every meat known to man. How much of that do I do just for the sake of being evil? None. I love Jesus just as much as any Christian, but certainly just because I own a rare Nemata Grove Guardian that is 4/5 with the ability to create a 1/1 Saproling Creature Token when you pay one green and two colorless AND can place a 1/1 counter on all Saprolings when you sacrifice a Saproling, does not mean I'm evil. Right?

:D
-Kaebora
Midnight
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Midnight »

There's a website somewhere that (in apparent total seriousness) puts the case that CS Lewis' "Narnia" books are evil and against Christianity. It must have never percolated through into the mind of whoever compiled the site that the books are actually so full of pro-Christian propaganda and associated allegory and metaphor that the message occasionally threatens to overwhelm the story...
Fenrir
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Fenrir »

Well you must take into your mind that those who say that are the Rednecks who either dropped out of school or slept through English.
"Nam Sibyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla pendere et cul illi pueri dicerent 'Sibylla Ti cupisne' respondebat illa 'Cupio mortere'."

-Satyricon
Terastas
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Spare Pelican

Post by Terastas »

Set wrote:Why is it that everything dealing with religion is automatically labeled a "heated debate"?
Because the people in question here have no argument to their defense other than to say we are evil for questioning them. Arguments concerning religion are rarely ever 'debates,' but they are always heated because inevitably someone will take offense and/or start Bible thumping.

Deacon
Set
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Set »

DarkShadow wrote:I dont really think that was a nessessary comment. White Paw was just saying how he felt about this. :|
And you'd deny me the same? I wasn't trying to be mean. I was just expressing my annoyance at the fact I hear someone say that every single time.

It saddens me that people can no longer appreciate the lulz.
In_Cruce_Salus
Legendary
Legendary

Post by In_Cruce_Salus »

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, could possibly be having fun.

Blame it on the Irish. Thats what these people blame Halloween on. Heh.
I actually don't much like YuGiOh. I can stand some animes (Avatar, for one) but the interest in most of them escapes me.
I am immensely glad that I do not know these people personally. They remind me of the people at my mother's church. Hypocrits...
I wonder what these people would think of The Pack? I mean, look at us. Anime fans, furry fans, werewolf fans, some therians, etc so on and so forth. We'd give them seizures. Who wants to send them the link?

EDIT: I read a bit more that they have on their site, and HOLY MONKEY these people are scary!
Last edited by In_Cruce_Salus on Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Initial Here: ___
Here: ___
And Here: ___

Sign on the dotted line: .................................
Scott Gardener
Legendary
Legendary
Mood: Excited

PIKA!

Post by Scott Gardener »

The more radical extremists within Christianity are as fanatic as the terrorists that have hurt the reputation of Islam. They, too, want the world to conform to their notion of what God wants, and they will go after anything that they see conflicting with it. That's why everything that steps outside their narrow vision is seen as a threat, and why the radical Fundamentalists have gone after everything from Harry Potter to Dungeons and Dragons. I've read articles about how Pokemon figures were ripped and hacked apart with swords in more fanatic churches.

Thankfully, the majority of Christians seem to frown upon such fanaticism. I just wish they'd be more vocal about it, as the looneys are really hurting the mainstream religion. I still don't regret bailing out and going Pagan myself.
Taking a Gestalt approach, since it's the "in" thing...
lupine
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Lead us Not into Temptation.... I can find the way by myself
Mood: Meh...

Post by lupine »

DarkShadow wrote:
Set wrote:Why is it that everything dealing with religion is automatically labeled a "heated debate"? Did your sense of humor take a vacation? If you're that sensitive, you shouldn't be on the internet.
I dont really think that was a nessessary comment. White Paw was just saying how he felt about this. :|.
I agree. When it comes to religion, it is a very sensitive subject. we are not all aware of everyone elses beliefs. I would not personally get involved. I am in possession of a perfectly functioning (if a little distorted) sense of humour. I also harbour VERY strong views towards religion in general. For this reason, to avoid offence, I also choose to veer aside from these topics. That is not to say that I don't read and enjoy the discussions. I just choose not to actively take part. I view such debates as more of a spectator sport :lol:
Well be, thy one. And wisdom too. And grew, and joyed in my growth. From a word to a word, I was led to a word. From a deed...to another deed.

"I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DarkShadow »

Set wrote:
DarkShadow wrote:I dont really think that was a nessessary comment. White Paw was just saying how he felt about this. :|
And you'd deny me the same? I wasn't trying to be mean. I was just expressing my annoyance at the fact I hear someone say that every single time.

It saddens me that people can no longer appreciate the lulz.
If white paw was to say that to you, I would've made that same comment that I did :|

wolfsangel
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: if i sing a song will you sing along?...

Post by wolfsangel »

what i love is that when my (christian "freinds") kept trying to convince me of the demonizing qualities of the cards i should them several cards that had to do with the bible and "God". i actually started about five of my freinds on it till their moms yelled at them and me. i said the same as i did to their kids and they shut their mouthes real quick, so i had the last laugh. :lol:

but yeah when religion is brought on the plate it happens to make things seem, or become, heated.
...or will i just be singing right here by myself.
come on down!
White Paw

Post by White Paw »

great looks like I started the debate .............. figures :roll: *shutting up now*(freaking hate human religion and politics)
DarkShadow
Legendary
Legendary

Post by DarkShadow »

White Paw wrote:great looks like I started the debate .............. figures :roll: *shutting up now*(freaking hate human religion and politics)
no you didnt. not your fault. If anything I started it. dont worry about it. I'll just stay out.

Kaebora

Post by Kaebora »

Enough with the guilt trips. Set started it. When you make threads about Evangelical Christians, what do you expect? :lol:
-Kaebora
Shadow Wulf
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Shadow Wulf »

Kaebora looks like a jew!!! Put him agients the wall!!! :lol:

Note: Its from Pnk Floyd.
Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. - Thomas Jefferson
Image Image
Timber-WoIf
Legendary
Legendary

Post by Timber-WoIf »

i think radicals r funny in their retardedness. I wish i had a religion... but i'm too damn realistic for it. Really, i kinda envy those who can, for example, blow themselves up, because they know they're going to get salvation. to be that secure through something as mindless as faith... i wish i was that dumb sometimes...
Deviantart? Why'd I do this?
I am relentlessly agressive

Image<--- THEY PWN U
Aki
Legendary
Legendary
Custom Title: Wolfblood

Re: PIKA!

Post by Aki »

Scott Gardener wrote:The more radical extremists within Christianity are as fanatic as the terrorists that have hurt the reputation of Islam. They, too, want the world to conform to their notion of what God wants, and they will go after anything that they see conflicting with it. That's why everything that steps outside their narrow vision is seen as a threat, and why the radical Fundamentalists have gone after everything from Harry Potter to Dungeons and Dragons. I've read articles about how Pokemon figures were ripped and hacked apart with swords in more fanatic churches.

Thankfully, the majority of Christians seem to frown upon such fanaticism. I just wish they'd be more vocal about it, as the looneys are really hurting the mainstream religion. I still don't regret bailing out and going Pagan myself.
Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought "This is just like DnD!" ...even if I wasn't around for DnD, haha.

Radical Fundamentalists are good for a laugh when they're just spouting lines from the Bible over some trivial matter like a card game.